Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/21/2017 4:35:40 AM EDT
Does any manufacturer make an off the shelf 12" 9mm barrel?
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 9:24:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Does any manufacturer make an off the shelf 12" 9mm barrel?
View Quote

Well...

Have you called and asked KAK, Ballistic Advantage, New Frontier, QC10, Spinta Precision, ADCO or Green mtn barrels  ??

That would be the fastest way to find a barrel.

Link Posted: 3/21/2017 9:56:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Well...

Have you called and asked KAK, Ballistic Advantage, New Frontier, QC10, Spinta Precision, ADCO or Green mtn barrels  ??

That would be the fastest way to find a barrel.
View Quote
Just curious if anyone knew off hand since it seems to be an uncommon length is all. I could always have my 16" cut down and turned but I figured if there was a brand that makes one for sale I might just buy that. My guess is that No, no one makes a readily available one in that length. I'm just trying to weigh out the cost difference is all.  I did follow up with all the manufacturers websites that I could think of including all the ones you mentioned. Thanks for listing them off to me. You mentioned quite a few that I didn't think of.
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 10:03:41 PM EDT
[#3]
I know for a fact BA makes an 11", I run one with a pinned carbine FSB.
Link Posted: 4/10/2017 2:49:34 AM EDT
[#4]
Found a 12.5" barrel called the ward by NERD but it cost $225. Just a bit high. http://www.weare-nerd.com/new-products-1/nerd-aftermath-barrels-the-ward
Link Posted: 4/10/2017 12:57:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Found a 12.5" barrel called the ward by NERD but it cost $225. Just a bit high. http://www.weare-nerd.com/new-products-1/nerd-aftermath-barrels-the-ward
View Quote
For $225, you can own a heavy and ugly barrel too !!

And considering that you can have a $100 16" 9mm barrel cut/threaded to whatever length/thread you want for not much money....

Link Posted: 4/10/2017 1:05:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

For $225, you can own a heavy and ugly barrel too !!

And considering that you can have a $100 16" 9mm barrel cut/threaded to whatever length/thread you want for not much money.....
View Quote
But, it comes with a signed certificate of authenticity...

Maybe this thread was just a stealth marketing campaign by the folks at weare-nerd.com?
Link Posted: 4/10/2017 3:00:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Not a marketing ploy, I actually am looking for a 12.5" barrel. My local smith quoted me $275 for cut, crown, thread, pin, and weld. I feel like his pricing is just a little on the high side, so trying to find something else that works. Otherwise I'm either going to have to drive out further to someone else to have the work done or send it out. Just seeing if there is any other alternative.
Link Posted: 4/10/2017 3:45:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Not a marketing ploy, I actually am looking for a 12.5" barrel. My local smith quoted me $275 for cut, crown, thread, pin, and weld. I feel like his pricing is just a little on the high side, so trying to find something else that works. Otherwise I'm either going to have to drive out further to someone else to have the work done or send it out. Just seeing if there is any other alternative.
View Quote
WHOA !! Almost $300 for just the labor to cut, crown, thread, pin and weld a barrel/muzzle device that you bring him ??

Contact Randall. He's in SoCal.
He charges $100-120 in  labor for what you want.
Dude has a great reputation, knows his shit, he's done some .308 barrels for me, good turn around (have it back in a week or 2)

Randalls price sheet

Link Posted: 4/10/2017 6:02:37 PM EDT
[#9]
im thinking that gun store you got a quote from just didn't want to do it.

A more reasonable option
Link Posted: 4/10/2017 10:13:06 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
im thinking that gun store you got a quote from just didn't want to do it.

A more reasonable option
View Quote
Thanks for the suggestion. As far as that local smith I'm sure he is just swamped and trying to turn away work by pricing high, or it's just retarded CA pricing. Everything cost more here for no reason at all.
Link Posted: 4/10/2017 10:14:27 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

WHOA !! Almost $300 for just the labor to cut, crown, thread, pin and weld a barrel/muzzle device that you bring him ??

Contact Randall. He's in SoCal.
He charges $100-120 in  labor for what you want.
Dude has a great reputation, knows his shit, he's done some .308 barrels for me, good turn around (have it back in a week or 2)

Randalls price sheet

View Quote
Thanks for the suggestion. I went ahead and emailed him. Wish there was a rep system on this forum. I'd be handing out points if I could.
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 8:18:11 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote
As you've found, it isn't exactly cost effective to go outside the sizes of available barrels, unless you absolutely must have something special.  10.5" is an easy size to find.  You should be able to find 11" from KAK, BA, CMMG.  I believe there are Colt 11.5"s out there if you look.

Is there a specific reason you're looking for a 12.5"?
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 4:47:04 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

As you've found, it isn't exactly cost effective to go outside the sizes of available barrels, unless you absolutely must have something special.  10.5" is an easy size to find.  You should be able to find 11" from KAK, BA, CMMG.  I believe there are Colt 11.5"s out there if you look.

Is there a specific reason you're looking for a 12.5"?
View Quote
Wanted to use the Kaw Valley Precision linear comp XL and keep it to the shortest CA legal configuration. Nothing totally ground breaking or extremely special, just preference and seeing if I could achieve it w/o spending a ton to do so.

Here is a photoshopped mock up of what I am trying to achieve.

http://i890.photobucket.com/albums/ac101/Douro_Oni/63E69274-91A1-4A7B-953B-6452B1AA124E_zpszvprtaot.jpg
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 8:55:49 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Wanted to use the Kaw Valley Precision linear comp XL and keep it to the shortest CA legal configuration. Nothing totally ground breaking or extremely special, just preference and seeing if I could achieve it w/o spending a ton to do so.

Here is a photoshopped mock up of what I am trying to achieve.

http://i890.photobucket.com/albums/ac101/Douro_Oni/63E69274-91A1-4A7B-953B-6452B1AA124E_zpszvprtaot.jpg
View Quote
Spinta has 16" 9mm barrels on sale today for $99.99/delivered.  The most cost effective option is to buy that, the comp you want, ship it off to Adco (or similar for cut/thread/pin/weld), and wait for it to come back to you in the config you want.
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top