Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/18/2017 8:39:13 PM EDT
I'm building a 7.5" 22 pistol for my soon to be 4 year old son and since there's no reason for the buffer tube or spring what can I put on the back of the receiver instead of the tube? Trying to make it as short as possible.
Link Posted: 3/18/2017 8:47:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Been there, did that.  Ended up going SBR...good luck.

ETA:
That's a fairly large and heavy gun for a 4 year old.

My youngest is 11 now and he still prefers a Rem 597 Yellowjacket off the bench or a Glock with an AA .22 kit when he's standing and shooting.  The AR22 with a 7.5" barrel is still heavier than he likes and isn't as easy for him to shoot off the bench without short mags.  I did the Spikes plug 5-7 years ago and thought a 7.5" AR22 would be a cool gun for my kids when they were younger, but it was just a too large and heavy pistol for them to handle.  YMMV.
Link Posted: 3/18/2017 8:53:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/18/2017 9:04:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Model 1 Sales also sold a buffer tube hole screw in filler part in the past.  May still for all I know.
Link Posted: 3/18/2017 11:10:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Model 1 Sales also sold a buffer tube hole screw in filler part in the past.  May still for all I know.
View Quote
They still have them. Lower reciever endcap.
Link Posted: 3/19/2017 8:19:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Spike's pistol plug, with sling mount.

http://www.spikestactical.com/st22-pistol-plug-p-70.html
Link Posted: 3/19/2017 8:40:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Spike's pistol plug, with sling mount.

http://www.spikestactical.com/st22-pistol-plug-p-70.html
View Quote
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 7:37:42 AM EDT
[#7]
Thanks guys!
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 6:51:05 PM EDT
[#8]
Just bought one of these on fleaBay... I thought it looked good enough for the job and cheaper than the alternatives.
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top