Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/14/2017 6:32:46 PM EDT
As someone who has assembled other AR15 variants before, but never a PCC, I have a few questions.  I'm assembling an AR9 and have the following parts so far:

1.  PSA 9mm Billet Complete Glock Style MOE Lower (PSA LOWER LINK)
2.  Aero Precision upper receiver, no forward assist (AERO UPPER LINK)
3.  JPE Slilent Capture Spring and BCG (JPE LINK)

Now for the questions :

1.  Am I right in thinking that if I want LRBHO option I will need to get an upper that performs that function (which means I'll have to sell or use the Aero Precision I bought)?  I think that PSA has a LRBHO lower, but am pretty sure mine does not have it, and I cannot find it on the link I posted above.
2.  If I need a different upper that has LRBHO, what are some of them you all would recommend?
3.  As far as barrels, I'm looking into a KAW Valley Precision 16" QPQ 4150 (KAW BARREL LINK).  Any comments on said barrel or any other options you all would recommend?

Thanks for the help!

Luke
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 5:05:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 9:58:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 1:27:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Thank you both for your replies, that is what I was assuming just wanted to double check.  I'm contemplating a GIBBZ side charging upper now, to capture more of the gasses when shooting surpressed.  It seems like there are rave reviews about GIBBZ and there are some issues mainly with the detent wearing to the point it doesn't hold the charger in the forward position after 1000+ rounds.
Link Posted: 3/19/2017 9:01:09 PM EDT
[#4]
PSA only recommends their G-9 Hybrid Bolt with their Glock lower.
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 9:33:14 AM EDT
[#5]
@skeeljc:  Correct me if I'm wrong but I think any 9mm bolt that has a ramped bottom and milled for the glock mag will work, at least that's what I've read.
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 10:46:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top