Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/18/2017 4:13:13 AM EDT
Who makes dedicated Colt style 9mm lowers besides PSA and CMMG?
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 6:05:43 AM EDT
[#1]
SMF Tactical out of Riverside California makes a nice 9mm  dedicated lower.

http://smftactical.com/receivers/lower-receivers/80-lowers/9mm-80-lower-receiver/
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 7:36:01 AM EDT
[#2]
Gunpoint
Black creek precision
QC 10
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 2:39:56 PM EDT
[#3]
i have a QC10 colt style 9mm lower.  haven't built it yet but the reciever itself is top notch quality billet.  as money allows I'm trying to figure out what other parts I'm going to use to create this carbine.
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 5:27:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Regarding Black Creek Precision.

I tried to order a billet lower on July 2nd 2016, and it's was still processing until the 17th. Several phone calls, messages, facebook and an email later I haven't really heard anything back. The representative that handles orders is always "out to lunch." The guy on the phone said he knew nothing about FFLs on file

Voice mail messages were never returned, and its not like I bombarded them constantly. I usually tried to wait a couple of business days.

The man who answers the phone always suggests talking to a woman named "Lara" who was never available.

It took until the 19th to get through to somebody to cancel my order. Which was a shame since I ordered a colt lower before and had a good experience.

They have gone down hill; stringing a customer along is no way to run a business.
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 11:52:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Colt
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 4:02:09 AM EDT
[#6]
Rock River also. Mine has run flawless for years. I use the RR bolt and hammer too. There are many more options today than there was when I bought it, but the thing just runs.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 8:49:39 AM EDT
[#7]
SMF looks like only 80% lowers (have to machine them yourself).

Does Colt sell stripped lowers????

Rock River, I think is a standard lower with an "integrated magwell", so if you want the looks of a dedicated 9mm with the small magwell it doesn't really fit the bill.

Here is a LINK to a thread I made with mfg's.  Matrix and MGI also make them in addition to the ones mentioned above(hot links in my thread).
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 8:51:23 AM EDT
[#8]
Colt
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 11:02:45 AM EDT
[#9]
Sadly I had the same EXACT same experience with Black Creek Precision.  I ordered from them off GB.
Their 9mm lower for Colt pattern mags.  Took almost a month. Lots of phone calls
Lots of emails. Lots of run around by them. Un exceptable !

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Regarding Black Creek Precision.

I tried to order a billet lower on July 2nd 2016, and it's was still processing until the 17th. Several phone calls, messages, facebook and an email later I haven't really heard anything back. The representative that handles orders is always "out to lunch." The guy on the phone said he knew nothing about FFLs on file

Voice mail messages were never returned, and its not like I bombarded them constantly. I usually tried to wait a couple of business days.

The man who answers the phone always suggests talking to a woman named "Lara" who was never available.

It took until the 19th to get through to somebody to cancel my order. Which was a shame since I ordered a colt lower before and had a good experience.

They have gone down hill; stringing a customer along is no way to run a business.
View Quote
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top