Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/16/2017 3:12:20 PM EDT
Is a 3x or 2.5x prism scope overkill for a 15-22? Probably will never shoot past 100yds with it. Don't care for a 1-4 for it and already have an older PA mirco dot on it with a 3moa dot and could use the magnifier from my other rife with it if I wanted but would rather it have it's own step up.
currently looking at the burris -332, vortex spitfire 3x, PA 2.5 or 3x prism.
Thanks,
Alan
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 6:13:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 12:38:11 AM EDT
[#2]
The PA 2.5X and 3X are great scopes! Great field of view, clear bright glass. Nice "eyebox" or whatever the term is...its fast to acquire a sight picture. Nice well thought out reticle.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 2:58:27 PM EDT
[#3]
found a new in box PA 2.5 with acss for $165 so I pulled the trigger.
Thanks!
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 3:05:39 PM EDT
[#4]
You should be happy. Great optic for 100 yards and closer in. Don't forget to adjust the back ring to bring the reticle in to sharp focus. This will be a one time adjustment for your eyes.
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 2:47:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You should be happy. Great optic for 100 yards and closer in. Don't forget to adjust the back ring to bring the reticle in to sharp focus. This will be a one time adjustment for your eyes.
View Quote

well right after it arrived, I saw PA was selling these for $159 plus shipping haha so I guess I still saved $3 and mine was also new.  Too bad I didn't know about the sell earlier b/c then the guy probably would have sold it cheaper...
oh well it arrived and I love the reticle over the older strikefire I was using. The 2x screw on for the vortex just wasn't doing it for me in terms of magnification.  
All in all I'm pleased with the optic and I feel it was a fair price so I'm okay with it all.
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top