Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/10/2017 5:32:24 PM EDT
Ok I plan on picking up a complete upper when ever PSA has some in stock  again. But I was eyeballing this. What else do I need to make this a complete lower. Ive put together AR's before no problem but never a 9mm. Is it cheaper to go this route or spend almost 3 hundo on a complete lower? Little advise here.. Thanks

glock lower
Link Posted: 2/10/2017 6:01:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/10/2017 6:24:41 PM EDT
[#2]
I was under the impression that the hammer is different? Is that not the case? I could just order a lpk and throw it in there? Sure it cant be that easy right ???
Link Posted: 2/10/2017 7:32:42 PM EDT
[#3]
PSA sells complete 9mm lowers starting around $210+   check their daily sales section........
Link Posted: 2/11/2017 1:12:19 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I was under the impression that the hammer is different? Is that not the case? I could just order a lpk and throw it in there? Sure it cant be that easy right ???
View Quote

The hammer is based on the bolt.
ramped bolt standard hammer
non-ramped bolt, 9mm hammer.

all the other parts are the same, less the buffer, but it depends. you may not need a heavy buffer. longer depends on if you plan on using lrbho.
Link Posted: 2/11/2017 2:08:14 AM EDT
[#5]
I recommend this one
Here
Mine has been flawless and I am not a fan of the lrbho on the one in your link.
Link Posted: 2/11/2017 9:47:37 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
The hammer is based on the bolt.
ramped bolt standard hammer
non-ramped bolt, 9mm hammer.
View Quote

No.  Standard hammer will work just fine with either bolt.  9mm hammer should only be used on semi non-ramped bolts (if you want to use one).

Hammers that vary from the std. profile or have notches should not be used or may not work properly.
Link Posted: 2/11/2017 11:07:53 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

No.  Standard hammer will work just fine with either bolt.  9mm hammer should only be used on semi non-ramped bolts (if you want to use one).

Hammers that vary from the std. profile or have notches should not be used or may not work properly.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

Cut tail off back of hammer ----
Attachment Attached File

---- I thinks this what make "9mm hard on pin holes",, cut tail off hammer as seen above
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/11/2017 11:15:09 PM EDT
[#8]
If you're running the PSA hybrid BCG it's already ramped. Works with a standard round hammer.

If you want LRHO I'd make sure to either run a dedicated length buffer or a spacer, to keep from pounding the bolt catch. In a colt smg setup over travel will shorten the life of your catch.

I just picked up a complete classic billet Glock lower like the one linked above. Picked it up in store on sale for $170. Was looking for a stripped Glock lower but this was the better deal. Looks like their stripped lowers have all the 'proprietary' parts like the ejector and mag release already installed so you should be able to complete it with a standard lower parts kit, with leftover bolt catch parts.

The LRHO seems to be hit or miss on the PSA lowers, hope they have it sorted out. If that's a must it looks like other manufacturers are more reliable. When they're on sale PSA is hard to beat for the price.
Link Posted: 2/12/2017 7:45:46 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I would go that route.

The only thing different with building a 9mm lower would be that there aren't many mag blocks out there to put in a vise.
View Quote

I make mag well vice blocks for both the Colt pattern and Glock pattern AR's.

Email me if you want one  [email protected]
Link Posted: 2/12/2017 3:02:27 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
If you're running the PSA hybrid BCG it's already ramped. Works with a standard round hammer.

If you want LRHO I'd make sure to either run a dedicated length buffer or a spacer, to keep from pounding the bolt catch. In a colt smg setup over travel will shorten the life of your catch.

I just picked up a complete classic billet Glock lower like the one linked above. Picked it up in store on sale for $170. Was looking for a stripped Glock lower but this was the better deal. Looks like their stripped lowers have all the 'proprietary' parts like the ejector and mag release already installed so you should be able to complete it with a standard lower parts kit, with leftover bolt catch parts.

The LRHO seems to be hit or miss on the PSA lowers, hope they have it sorted out. If that's a must it looks like other manufacturers are more reliable. When they're on sale PSA is hard to beat for the price.
View Quote

Ok if I'm reading this right. I can get the lower that I linked to and then I can put just a standard ar lpk in it? I planned on getting the hybrid bolt anyways. And I'm seeing this lrho term.. What's that mean? The bolt staying open on the last round?
Link Posted: 2/12/2017 3:47:18 PM EDT
[#11]
LRBHO (Last round Bolt hold open) means that when the last round in the magazine is fired, the magazine will trip the Bolt hold open or Bolt Stop (little lever on the left side of receiver) and  holds the bolt in the rearward position. I purchased the same lower you are looking at, I thoufgt that it was a little flimsy and worked holding the bolt open intermitantlly.  It  worked best with Factory Glock magazines, ETS and Magpul hardly at all. I stayed with my PSA standard billet glock lower and don't worry about the bolt staying open after the last round is fired. I'm waiting on New Frontier Armory's upper receiver with LRBHO to come back in stock, It looks like the best alternative.

I also have another 9mmAR from PSA with the Colt Magazine lower, It is Excellent, Bolt stays open after last round is fired, 32rd Metalform Magazines are $20 at PSA. I also picked up some 20rd Metalforms from Midway a while back when they went on sale.

Here is my Glock lower 9mm

Link Posted: 2/13/2017 10:52:14 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I recommend this one
Here
Mine has been flawless and I am not a fan of the lrbho on the one in your link.
View Quote

This one seems like a pretty decent deal
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 11:34:38 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Ok I plan on picking up a complete upper when ever PSA has some in stock  again. But I was eyeballing this. What else do I need to make this a complete lower. Ive put together AR's before no problem but never a 9mm. Is it cheaper to go this route or spend almost 3 hundo on a complete lower? Little advise here.. Thanks

glock lower
View Quote

thats the lower i have ,,,, no issues
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top