Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/30/2016 1:34:32 PM EDT
I bought a new Faxon 9mm barrel. It has a little tag in the end of the barrel warning you that it is threaded 1/2-28 and not to use .22 cal muzzle devices. Well I bought a SDTA muzzle brake that will work with my suppressor in 1/2-28 for it. Once arrived I tried to fit it but no joy. I tried a flash can I had around in 1/2-36 and it went right on. So I had to order another SDTA brake at a cost of $51. Not real happy but oh well. I guess now I need to build an upper to use the 1/2-28 brake.

Moral of the story. check the threads before you purchase a muzzle device despite what the tags that it comes with say.
Link Posted: 12/30/2016 1:41:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Faxon wouldn't exchange their mismarked barrel for a correctly threaded one?
Link Posted: 12/30/2016 1:44:11 PM EDT
[#2]

Did you contact Faxon?  Or decide to come on here and complain first?

Link Posted: 12/30/2016 1:54:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Didn't buy it from Faxon.
Link Posted: 12/30/2016 1:55:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote

Sorry for trying to save some of you guys from a headache by giving you a heads up. Next time I won't.
Link Posted: 12/30/2016 2:06:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Cut it in pieces with a bandsaw. Obvious answer.
Link Posted: 12/30/2016 2:13:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Sorry for trying to save some of you guys from a headache by giving you a heads up. Next time I won't.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Most of us would just contact the company and have them fix it instead of posting a complaint before knowing any details.  Obviously there was a mistake made somewhere on their end and they need to know about it and be given the chance to make it right.
Link Posted: 12/30/2016 2:23:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Probably should have contacted the vendor your bought the barrel from so they could make it right. You didn't  have to buy a new muzzle device. You chose to keep a product you didn't order.
Link Posted: 12/30/2016 2:25:19 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Probably should have contacted the vendor your bought the barrel from so they could make it right. You didn't  have to buy a new muzzle device. You chose to keep a product you didn't order.
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/30/2016 2:26:42 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Most of us would just contact the company and have them fix it instead of posting a complaint before knowing any details.  Obviously there was a mistake made somewhere on their end and they need to know about it and be given the chance to make it right.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah maybe it happened to others already and they kept it to themselves, and if they had posted it here I would have checked my threads to see if they matched what was marked saving me some problems. But no one did. so now me telling people to check there barrels maybe I can help them. I know Faxon recently changed from 1/2-36 to 1/2-28 threads, and some (at least one) got marked wrong.

If it happens to you though, I think you should ignore what I have posted and just use more torque and your muzzle device will twist on somehow.
Link Posted: 12/30/2016 2:27:14 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

out of stock
Link Posted: 12/30/2016 2:48:28 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 12/30/2016 3:05:06 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Ay Caramba! Sounds like we screwed up. For that, OP, you have my personal and the company's profuse apologies.

We'd be happy to exchange the barrel, if still needed. If not, contact me for a substantial discount code to make it up to you.

Thanks and know we are always here to support our customers anytime. If you need immediate attention, drop me an e-mail below.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ay Caramba! Sounds like we screwed up. For that, OP, you have my personal and the company's profuse apologies.

We'd be happy to exchange the barrel, if still needed. If not, contact me for a substantial discount code to make it up to you.

Thanks and know we are always here to support our customers anytime. If you need immediate attention, drop me an e-mail below.

See OP, that's the kind of response you get from great companies when you put forth the effort to contact them.  Good on you Faxon, even though it could have been the vendor's issue and not yours.

Link Posted: 12/30/2016 7:22:31 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

See OP, that's the kind of response you get from great companies when you put forth the effort to contact them.  Good on you Faxon, even though it could have been the vendor's issue and not yours.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Faxon is awesome and has a great product and better customer service. Always take it up with the manufacturer!
Link Posted: 12/30/2016 9:35:16 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 12/31/2016 11:03:36 AM EDT
[#15]
OP, Take them up on the offer. I'm very pleased with my barrel.
Shit happens and mistakes are made. It's all good in the end.
Link Posted: 12/31/2016 11:27:59 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 12/31/2016 2:03:39 PM EDT
[#17]
Just a guy who knowingly bought a 1/2x36 Faxon 9mm at a phenomenal price stopping by to say hey
Link Posted: 12/31/2016 5:11:24 PM EDT
[#18]
I got my Faxon from AIM, and I remember being clear that it is 1/2x36, great barrel.
Link Posted: 12/31/2016 8:21:26 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I bought a new Faxon 9mm barrel.
View Quote

Other than the thread issue, how was the barrel? Did you put it together before sending it off?
Link Posted: 1/1/2017 10:33:30 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Other than the thread issue, how was the barrel? Did you put it together before sending it off?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I bought a new Faxon 9mm barrel.

Not assembled yet, but the barrels are top quality and come highly recommended.
Link Posted: 1/1/2017 10:56:46 AM EDT
[#21]
I'm probably making another 9mm, a pistol, and they seem to be a good company. Obviously they have some fans. :)

I'm looking for something the same size as a 7.5" 223 barrel, may give them a try.
Link Posted: 1/7/2017 12:39:49 PM EDT
[#22]
Hey OP. Why don't you edit the title of your thread now that everybody see's that might leave a bad impression? Maybe to something like "Wow! Faxon has great customer service!"

disclaimer.. No relation to Faxon, just a fanboy of their great products.
Link Posted: 1/7/2017 1:00:40 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I'm probably making another 9mm, a pistol, and they seem to be a good company. Obviously they have some fans. :)

I'm looking for something the same size as a 7.5" 223 barrel, may give them a try.
View Quote

You won't regret it.  I have a couple and love them..

I'll be swapping out the 308 barrel when I get some money saved up ,hopefully by then I'll see the gunner 308
Link Posted: 1/7/2017 7:20:49 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 1/13/2017 8:43:44 PM EDT
[#25]
Sweet!  I've been wanting to build a 9mm AR....  Looks like I found my barrel manufacturer!
Link Posted: 1/13/2017 8:56:03 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 1/13/2017 9:10:01 PM EDT
[#27]
Nice customer service Nathan.

I'm still waiting for you guys to do a run of gunner barrels in 6.8!
Link Posted: 1/14/2017 9:08:58 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

We're honored. If you need anything, let me know!
View Quote

I picked up one of your 8.5" 9mm barrels, 1/2 X28 which is what I wanted. It's a little less than a half inch longer than the 7.5 300 barrel it's replacing, so the perfect length for the Pantheon/Dolos thingee. Now I need to decide on a muzzle...

You guys really should make some of your 223 stuff for 9mm too. :)
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 10:19:25 AM EDT
[#29]
Picked up an 8.5" barrel because of this thread. Cannot wait to mount it!
Link Posted: 2/5/2017 10:09:55 PM EDT
[#30]
I should have my Faxon 4.5" in hand tomorrow, I'm hoping it's 1/2x28, it's supposed to be! I've heard nothing but good about these barrels and can't wait to give it a run!
Link Posted: 2/5/2017 10:26:00 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 2/5/2017 10:35:24 PM EDT
[#32]
Will do! It's going on a new SBR I'm working on. Thank you for your support here!
Link Posted: 2/5/2017 11:40:20 PM EDT
[#33]
I sort of prefer the 1/2 by 28 threading. You just have to be smart about it.

The A2 Flash Hider, 4 prong from rousch, and the pws triad had a 9mm bullet drop through with no issues.

Sadly the BRT linear comp was a no go.

1/2 by 28 muzzle devices are more common and often cheaper.
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 12:24:01 PM EDT
[#34]
I agree, plus I have a 1/2x28 3 lug adapter and booster piston already
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 1:33:30 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote

I know you already have a 1/2x28 adapter, but most of the tri-lug adapters I have seen seem to be the same price for both 1/2x36 and 1/2x28.  Does it really matter what thread the barrel has at that point if you have to buy a tri-lug adapter anyway?
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 5:12:17 PM EDT
[#36]
If you have to buy one anyways, no. I already have the 1/2x28 and don't want to buy another in a different pitch.

Rogue Nathan,

The barrel came in today and looks fantastic, but unfortunately mine came in 1/2x36 as well.
For anyone on the fence about these barrels, the quality of the steel and the machining looks great,and coupled with the customer satisfaction Faxon shows, I wouldn't hesitate at all! When I went to pick up this barrel, a second Faxon barrel for my wife's lightweight 5.56 came home from the LGS too!Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 5:34:00 PM EDT
[#37]
Here is her new 16" pencil barrel on her carbine. I dropped the barrel in at the office to replace the old Colt barrel that was on it, and hit the POW range to test fire. 250rds, ZERO malfunctions. Didn't shoot any groups with it, I'll let her do that when she sights back in but so far it looks excellentAttachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/7/2017 5:22:28 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

I know you already have a 1/2x28 adapter, but most of the tri-lug adapters I have seen seem to be the same price for both 1/2x36 and 1/2x28.  Does it really matter what thread the barrel has at that point if you have to buy a tri-lug adapter anyway?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It does for someone like me that sometimes switches out to a direct thread can
Link Posted: 2/7/2017 6:11:31 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 1:47:02 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

We would be happy to swap that out if you can cover shipping. My guess is you picked it up from a dealer who still had some older inventory?

Send me an e-mail.
View Quote

Dealer didn't have any 9mm barrels in stock so they had to order it in he said. Already got an email from Mark, he got me all squared away! Thank you!
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 2:40:27 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

We would be happy to swap that out if you can cover shipping. My guess is you picked it up from a dealer who still had some older inventory?

Send me an e-mail.
View Quote

I have a 4.5" on order from Aimsurplus. They list them as 1/2x36 on their site. Are you saying it may actually be 1/2x28? Think I would prefer that, but may just deal with whichever I receive.
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 10:29:09 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

I have a 4.5" on order from Aimsurplus. They list them as 1/2x36 on their site. Are you saying it may actually be 1/2x28? Think I would prefer that, but may just deal with whichever I receive.
View Quote

The 1/2x36 9mm A2 I had laying around threads right on, so I guess AIM is selling old stock...
Link Posted: 2/10/2017 2:56:05 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wow!   That's some impressive shit right there.
Link Posted: 2/12/2017 2:42:10 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Wow!   That's some impressive shit right there.
View Quote

Seriously, I've been nothing but impressed with Faxon thus far
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 11:42:56 AM EDT
[#45]
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top