Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/29/2016 11:33:37 AM EDT
I think many of you can relate to this, your firearm is assembled and you are waiting for one part to make it run. In my case, it's the BCG.

I decided to build a 9mm pistol on a PSA Glock lower with LRBHO. I tried to keep it in the family for hopefully better reliability and run a PSA complete upper. But after waiting long enough for something other than 4" and 16" barrel uppers to become available from PSA, I built my own with an 8.5" KVP barrel, KAK Flash Can, 9.5" Odin M2 Lite fore-end and Aero upper w/o fwd assist. Now I need a bolt, which have not been available from PSA for some time. Naturally, PSA recommends that their hybrid 9mm bolt is the only one that should be used with this lower.

Can anyone tell me if there is another bolt that will function with this lower and the LRBHO feature si I can get this build finished? There is paper that needs holes in it and it's rabbit season.

Thanks in advance!
Link Posted: 11/29/2016 3:50:33 PM EDT
[#1]
I am wondering if the Spinta would work.............
Just because of a few PSA hybrid failures I've seen on web.
Link Posted: 11/29/2016 6:58:19 PM EDT
[#2]
I don't think there is anything about the LRBHO feature of the lower that dictates one bolt over another.  The only thing that is important is you get a bolt that has the cut for glock mag usage.

Link Posted: 11/29/2016 7:12:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Pretty much any 9mm Bolt will work as long as it is cut for Glock Magazines, The PSA 9mm bolt is actually a New Frontier Armory Bolt. There are several Manufacturers that make 9mm Bolts that will work. PSA states you have to use their Uppers and parts, so you will buy their products, I have built a couple of 9mm Franken guns that have worked fine, PSA will only back  their products if you only use their upper/ lowers and parts.
Link Posted: 11/30/2016 8:33:50 AM EDT
[#4]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I am wondering if the Spinta would work.............

Just because of a few PSA hybrid failures I've seen on web.
View Quote

I have a PSA billet non-LRBHO lower with a Spinta bolt. I'm not a big Spinta fan, but it cycles fine. The problem with the Spinta bolt is that the firing pin is of too small of a diameter and/or the firing pin hole is too big. Either way, this allows the firing pin to dance around somewhat and every primer is severely cratered upon firing. The last range session, it started piercing primers, which I hope was due to a new load I was trying.

I wish someone made larger diameter firing pins for them.

Anyone know what FP protrusion should be on a 9mm?

Link Posted: 11/30/2016 2:18:54 PM EDT
[#5]
So, if the PSA bolts have had issues, the NFA bolts would likely also sice they are rolling off the same line. The Spinta seems off with the firing pin. What about the KVP or CMMG? Or another brand?
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 8:54:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 12/4/2016 2:10:01 AM EDT
[#7]
I'm running a Spinta blem bolt and franken upper with the PSA Lrbho lower and have had excellent reliability with it. Didn't have high hopes for the lock-back feature, but have been incredibly pleased with it. Nearly 100% with OEM, Magpul, ETS, and even KCI. I'm won't feed Sig hollow points, but everything else runs great.
Link Posted: 12/5/2016 10:37:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks for all the info. I nearly ordered the blend Spinta then decidedly to try a KVP. I too had reservations about the LRBHO feature so it's good to hear they work.
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top