Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/20/2016 11:55:35 AM EDT
Has anyone added an extension to their colt smg style mags?
Link Posted: 11/20/2016 12:22:20 PM EDT
[#1]
I didn't know they were a thing.  32 rd mag is already long enough for me.
Link Posted: 11/20/2016 12:55:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I didn't know they were a thing.  32 rd mag is already long enough for me.
View Quote

USPSA's new carbine division is growing fast.  A 40 rounder would be a good tool to have in the bag for long stages, as reloading is the Achilles heel of the carbine versus the pistol.
Link Posted: 11/20/2016 5:03:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 11/20/2016 8:48:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 11/26/2016 12:21:37 PM EDT
[#5]
I am using one that a friend 3-D printed for me, makes the Metal Form that PSA sells a 42 rounder.  Have shot it in two matches and a couple hundred practice rounds with no problems.  I am reluctant o give out his numbers without permission, but if there is interest I will tell him and he can decide if and for what he wants to sell these.
Link Posted: 11/26/2016 5:56:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I am using one that a friend 3-D printed for me, makes the Metal Form that PSA sells a 42 rounder.  Have shot it in two matches and a couple hundred practice rounds with no problems.  I am reluctant o give out his numbers without permission, but if there is interest I will tell him and he can decide if and for what he wants to sell these.
View Quote

What are you using for springs?
Link Posted: 11/26/2016 10:55:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 11/28/2016 9:28:07 PM EDT
[#8]
I thought that USPSA stages were limited to 32 rounds max.  And if you had an outlaw match...say with 42 rounds...wouldn't there be a time while moving that you could reload?  I realize that it's easier to NOT reload at all during a stage, but we all reload while running a pistol stage..why do we think that it would be difficult to reload a PPC?  I've reloaded on classifiers with my PCC....wasn't hard to learn and it didn't take any longer than my pistol reloads.  Just trying to understand what the big deal is.
Link Posted: 11/28/2016 11:45:47 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I thought that USPSA stages were limited to 32 rounds max.  And if you had an outlaw match...say with 42 rounds...wouldn't there be a time while moving that you could reload?  I realize that it's easier to NOT reload at all during a stage, but we all reload while running a pistol stage..why do we think that it would be difficult to reload a PPC?  I've reloaded on classifiers with my PCC....wasn't hard to learn and it didn't take any longer than my pistol reloads.  Just trying to understand what the big deal is.
View Quote

40 shots without a reload means I can go faster on 32 round stage, because I have a basically free "margin for error".  Not reloading is always going to faster than reloading.  

It's just a good tool to have in the toolbox.
Link Posted: 11/29/2016 12:11:40 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

View Quote

Then your reloads are slooooow.
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top