Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/26/2016 11:12:04 AM EDT
Curious if any of you put the muzzle brake on your 9mm AR. Was there any benefit to having the Spikes, or any muzzle brake installed on your SBR?
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 11:46:28 AM EDT
[#1]
I am building that combo right now. Will be a hot minute before it is put together though since NFA upper receivers are out of stock everywhere.
Link Posted: 10/28/2016 2:06:54 PM EDT
[#2]
My dealer is very enthusiastic about the barking spider on a .556, but was not an advocate of using it on 9mm.
He said he tried it, but the obvious pressure difference made the spider's contribution unnoticeable.
Link Posted: 10/28/2016 9:47:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/29/2016 4:57:24 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I installed a Lantac on my 16" .... it made no discernable difference to me.

As far as I could tell.... there just wasn't enough available gas from the 9mm cartridge combined with the use of a 16" barrel.
View Quote

Thanks for the feedback.
Link Posted: 10/29/2016 5:06:04 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
My dealer is very enthusiastic about the barking spider on a .556, but was not an advocate of using it on 9mm.
He said he tried it, but the obvious pressure difference made the spider's contribution unnoticeable.
View Quote

Good to know. I have not received mine yet because of backorder so I guess I need to figure out if I want a ~$140 flash hider (Barking Spider) or if I want to send it back and buy a different flash hider for a$100 less. I had this idea that I could use the Spider to mimic the pressure of a suppressor and once I made the proper combination adjustments of buffer and buffer spring to make my build run, then switching from the Spider to a can would be flawless.
Link Posted: 10/29/2016 11:21:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks guys for commenting on this topic, I had the same question if it was worth spending the money on. With y'alls feedback it has me now leaning towards a KAK flash can and calling it good.
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top