Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/18/2016 5:33:47 PM EDT
I have one of the NFA modular bolts. It has a solid rear section, so would it be possible to have it machined out to accept the LAW folding adapter?
Link Posted: 10/18/2016 9:29:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I have one of the NFA modular bolts. It has a solid rear section, so would it be possible to have it machined out to accept the LAW folding adapter?
View Quote

Sure.
I would weigh it before and after, you made need to increase buffer weight for the material you remove from bolt.

Link Posted: 10/18/2016 9:45:57 PM EDT
[#2]
It's not specifically what you are looking for, but I did some weights myself when I did my build:

QC10 Glock-cut bolt, mass-adding weight (including pin): 3.5oz

Law Tactical folding stock adapter Gen 3-M carrier extension: 2.2oz

I'm using a Blitzkrieg hydraulic buffer and it runs like butter so far.
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 9:36:59 PM EDT
[#3]
I actually purchased the NFA modular bolt to use on my qc10 build and then like the next day the law folding adapter went on sale so I had to buy it.  

I had a buddy who was going to machine the modular bolt but I was able to return it to joebob and I bought a spinta bolt instead which has worked really, really well.

edit: did have to remove a weight from the back of the spinta bolt.
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 2:21:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Nice pic.  Welcome to ARFCOM.  Got any Legos?
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top