Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/20/2016 11:47:44 AM EDT
Wanting to do an dedicated .22lr upper. What I'm thinking of is going with a CMMG barrel/bolt in 4.5 inch flavor and putting a kak extended (5") flash can on until I can replace it with a Mask suppressor all under a 7-8" rail.

Edit: this would look just like all the 4.5 builds w/suppressor except from the business end
Link Posted: 7/20/2016 1:31:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes 600 rds so far shoots anything even those nasty golden bullets. I used the GunTec fake suppressor 1.200 dia. instead of the KAK 5" flash can 1.360 dia. so I could use a smaller hand guard.

Link Posted: 7/20/2016 1:38:44 PM EDT
[#2]
This SBR has a 4" Taccom .22lr barrel and a Sparrow Suppressor.

I find that most all High Velocity ammo is supersonic despite the 4" barrel so I use mostly CCI Standard Velocity in it.

Link Posted: 7/20/2016 2:30:12 PM EDT
[#3]
I did it, but with a SilencerCo Sparrow:

Link Posted: 7/20/2016 3:14:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Here is a closeup showing where my barrel ends and the suppressor starts.

Link Posted: 7/20/2016 7:43:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Love the TACCOM 4" barrel with the Surefire Ryder 22A:

Link Posted: 7/20/2016 8:10:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yes 600 rds so far shoots anything even those nasty golden bullets. I used the GunTec fake suppressor 1.200 dia. instead of the KAK 5" flash can 1.360 dia. so I could use a smaller hand guard.
https://photos.smugmug.com/My-First-Gallery/i-DWFmdC5/0/O/IMG_1070.jpg
https://photos.smugmug.com/My-First-Gallery/i-32vknL9/0/O/IMG_1074.jpg
View Quote

Nice suggestion on the fake suppressor. That was one thing I was not 100% on as the kak can would indeed necessitate the larger rail. The fake can looks sweet under your rail. What rail is that BtW?

Also digging the ultra compact stocks on these builds. Thanks for the ideas everyone
Link Posted: 7/20/2016 9:08:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Nice suggestion on the fake suppressor. That was one thing I was not 100% on as the kak can would indeed necessitate the larger rail. The fake can looks sweet under your rail. What rail is that

Also digging the ultra compact stocks on these builds. Thanks for the ideas everyone
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
https://photos.smugmug.com/My-First-Gallery/i-DWFmdC5/0/O/IMG_1070.jpg
https://photos.smugmug.com/My-First-Gallery/i-32vknL9/0/O/IMG_1074.jpg

Nice suggestion on the fake suppressor. That was one thing I was not 100% on as the kak can would indeed necessitate the larger rail. The fake can looks sweet under your rail. What rail is that

The rail is from Mas Defense- BA GEN2 7.25 free float slim hand guard they seem to be well made.
Link Posted: 7/20/2016 9:31:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 11:03:13 AM EDT
[#9]
I love my little shooter.  I went all Spikes for the upper/lower and rail.  The Spikes rail is a little on the larger diameter but I wanted to be able to run my form 1 can underneath the rail.  
I couldn't get the stock CMMG magazine to work so I picked up a Black Dog magazine which has worked flawlessly.  
You can manually shoot the Aguila Colibri as well (primer only) for super quiet "pest" control.  

The below pics are old and have since been updated with a proper Aimpoint mount and Micro H-2.  
image upload no compression" />

image hosting over 5mb" />
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 11:43:41 AM EDT
[#10]
A lot of us have a 7" rail with suppressor and 4 to 5 barrel.  Also you can use a 5.5" extended flash hider to clear the rail.

MAHA
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top