Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/18/2016 10:27:55 PM EDT
I just purchased one of the PSA Glock lowers during their sale over the weekend.  I'm trying to figure out the compatibility with other brand upper receivers.  Is there anything special about their 'hybrid' uppers that would make others not work with the lower?  Is it just that it comes with their 'hybrid' bolt with the cuts for the Glock mags?  I'd really prefer to see about a different receiver rather than being stuck with one of their pre-built uppers.
Link Posted: 7/18/2016 11:08:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Just needs a Glock cut bolt.
Link Posted: 7/18/2016 11:17:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/19/2016 1:13:50 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Something like this?
http://palmettostatearmory.com/oem-psa-g-9-hybrid-9mm-bolt-carrier-group-w-logo.html
Link Posted: 7/19/2016 10:29:04 AM EDT
[#4]
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Something like this?
http://palmettostatearmory.com/oem-psa-g-9-hybrid-9mm-bolt-carrier-group-w-logo.html

Yes. You might want to check Spinta Precision also. I bought the slick side upper and bolt combo on sale for $214 shipped. The Spinta bolt can also have the weight removed from the back of the bolt to use with the JP SCS where the PSA hybrid bolt can't.
Link Posted: 7/19/2016 11:33:33 AM EDT
[#5]
Cool, thanks everyone.  Nice to get a solid answer.
Link Posted: 7/19/2016 1:00:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Spinta Precision is good stuff. I bought one of their "blem" 9mm bolts for $109.99. Looks near identical to my CMMG bolt except this one will work with Colt and Glock mags.The gas key is secured by 2 bolts (very important on a pistol carbine) and it has a removable weight as mentioned above.

I can't even tell where there is a blemish. Maybe the nitride is a bit uneven but with a coat of my Froglube, you can't even tell!
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 1:53:44 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

Good to know, thanks for the info!
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 4:09:40 PM EDT
[#8]
Anyone other than ADCO do Glock cut modification?
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 4:50:01 PM EDT
[#9]
A couple minutes with a dremel will save you a bunch of money!
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 8:10:39 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
A couple minutes with a dremel will save you a bunch of money!
View Quote

Is it really that easy? I have no idea
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top