Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/14/2016 5:59:02 AM EDT
I'm looking to find a "dedicated" 9mm lower receiver. When I say dedicated, I mean a lower that looks like mag well only accepts 9mm and not a conversion or anything like that.
Link Posted: 7/14/2016 7:31:27 AM EDT
[#1]
Ummm... They are everywhere.... Is there something more specific you have in mind?

Even a casual search here will turn up probably 12+ different manufacturers between Colt or Glock style lowers. I don't mean to sound rude, but maybe you should poke around some threads and reform your question.
Link Posted: 7/14/2016 7:45:46 AM EDT
[#2]
Quarter Circle 10 is well regarded.
Palmetto state armory makes 9mm lowers now.  Likely you best value (that is what I bought).

ETA: here's a thread I started with same question and links. THREAD  I was mainly interested in Colt mag options, there are also ones out there that take Glock mags.
Link Posted: 7/14/2016 7:52:21 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/14/2016 8:29:50 AM EDT
[#4]
the Colt versions will have a magazine at right angle to the barrel ala WWII sub guns... the Glock will be a slanted magazine... the Colt versions will have a last round bolt hold open, as the magazines are designed to work with an AR style upper... the Glock mags designed for a pistol, will need special linkages to the bolt hold open
Link Posted: 7/14/2016 8:42:35 AM EDT
[#5]
PSA doesn't "make" them. New frontier armory does and sells them to multiple other places.
Link Posted: 7/14/2016 9:24:11 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I'm looking to find a "dedicated" 9mm lower receiver. When I say dedicated, I mean a lower that looks like mag well only accepts 9mm and not a conversion or anything like that.
View Quote

Black Creek Precision has dedicated Colt-style lowers as well.
Link Posted: 7/14/2016 9:43:55 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Ummm... They are everywhere.... Is there something more specific you have in mind?

Even a casual search here will turn up probably 12+ different manufacturers between Colt or Glock style lowers. I don't mean to sound rude, but maybe you should poke around some threads and reform your question.
View Quote

Well now I have nothing to say
Link Posted: 7/14/2016 11:22:31 AM EDT
[#8]
Quarter Circle 10 is an awesome place to start for your 9mm build.
Link Posted: 7/15/2016 1:01:19 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 7/16/2016 1:54:27 PM EDT
[#10]
CMMG makes a quality lower that takes Colt-pattern mags.
Link Posted: 7/18/2016 8:24:47 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
CMMG makes a quality lower that takes Colt-pattern mags.
View Quote

The CMMG look like a standard AR15 lower/magwell.  The OP wants the ones where the magwell is smaller externally.
Link Posted: 7/18/2016 8:33:55 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
PSA doesn't "make" them. New frontier armory does and sells them to multiple other places.
View Quote

New Frontier Armory doesn't make the PSA 9mm lowers.
Link Posted: 7/19/2016 2:31:11 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 7/19/2016 9:53:23 PM EDT
[#14]
View Quote

This  is cool. I have a psa 9mm colt lower. It needed a tweak to the ejector, now it cycles great.

A 9mm glock lower is really nice too. Not that I need one now, but if you already had a glock and the mags for it, it makes it even easier to get into the 9mm ar.

My favorite use for the 9mm ar is how many pistol ranges it opens up to me for use. Not all indoor ranges permit 223, and even my hunting club restricts centerfire rifle to slow fire only. but on the pistol range, with the 9mm ar, it is no holds barred. I need more cases of 9mm  ammo !

A great way to get AR practice for low cost.
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 10:56:42 AM EDT
[#15]
I have the Black Creek Precision lower.    It works well with all the different mags I could find.    Even the plastic ProMags.   The ProMags need a little tweaking but not a lot of work.
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top