Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/24/2016 6:31:44 PM EDT
Is the 9mm ARC stock the only option for a solid bolt carrier 9mm AR build?  I read somewhere that Maxim Defense will be making a 9mm version of their CQB stock, but no details.  I emailed them for input a few minutes ago.

Are there any other options for 9mm PDW stocks? (I don't want a UCIW)
Link Posted: 5/25/2016 1:37:39 AM EDT
[#1]
Just heard back from Maxim Defense and they are now producing a 9mm CQB stock. It is available through RSR affiliated dealers.
Link Posted: 5/25/2016 2:05:48 AM EDT
[#2]
Been wondering about that stock for a 9mm sbr.
Link Posted: 5/25/2016 4:38:18 AM EDT
[#3]
I wondered about the Troy Tomahawk.  Looks like it might work and it is a little cheaper than some of the others.
Link Posted: 5/25/2016 9:28:01 AM EDT
[#4]
My buddy bought the Maxim 9mm kit at NRAAM and set it up that night.  I don't think he has shot it yet, but he's at least very happy with the fit/finish quality.
Link Posted: 5/25/2016 11:04:54 AM EDT
[#5]
I'm 99% sure that the Maxim will NOT work with a solid bolt carrier because it uses a JP Silent Capture Spring buffer, which has the captive guide rod.  Unless they've changed the basic design of the SCS for this stock, which I'm pretty confident they did not, it definitely will not work.  The JP 9mm bolt added extra weight to the back of the bolt but left enough clearance for the guide rod.
Link Posted: 5/26/2016 6:37:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Sale right now on the MVB ARC stocks.  Just picked on up for $350 shipped.  Use code memorial day at checkout for the discount.
Link Posted: 5/26/2016 10:17:49 PM EDT
[#7]
At these stocks really worth that much just shave off an inch or 2? Some of these are 50-75% of what a descent AR 15 costs.
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 1:03:10 AM EDT
[#8]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

At these stocks really worth that much just shave off an inch or 2? Some of these are 50-75% of what a descent AR 15 costs.
View Quote
I figure that on sale it cost me about $80 more than a UCIW with slash 9mm buffer and spring. For $80 additional it's worth it for me on a 9mm AR. At $225 more on sale and nearly $300 more not on sale for a 5.56 or 300BLK it's not worth it for me.

Link Posted: 5/27/2016 11:11:08 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

Just a matter of personal taste for the vast majority of us.  Very few people need that extra couple of inches taken off.
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 1:24:22 PM EDT
[#10]
UCIW + 9mm buffer weight (bumper needs shaving) ,carbine spring works like a charm for $125 about total. I know the op said no UCIW but some are saying that price is not much from the ARC when it is actually less than half (of the arc on sale) price.
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 2:18:22 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

UCIW + 9mm buffer weight (bumper needs shaving) ,carbine spring works like a charm for $125 about total. I know the op said no UCIW but some are saying that price is not much from the ARC when it is actually less than half (of the arc on sale) price.
View Quote

Right, I was referencing the UCIW plus slash buffer and spring.  UCIW $115 shipped + Slash buffer and spring $165 shipped = $280.  ARC stock on sale was $344 shipped.
Link Posted: 5/28/2016 7:19:11 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Right, I was referencing the UCIW plus slash buffer and spring.  UCIW $115 shipped + Slash buffer and spring $165 shipped = $280.  ARC stock on sale was $344 shipped.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

$165 for a buffer lol.

It better be filled with 24k gold powder.
Link Posted: 5/28/2016 11:06:40 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

$165 for a buffer lol.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

$165 for a buffer lol.

It's actually platinum, not gold.
Link Posted: 5/29/2016 6:27:40 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

$165 for a buffer lol.

Wrong! Depleted Uranium.
Link Posted: 5/31/2016 9:36:30 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Wrong! Depleted Uranium.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

$165 for a buffer lol.

Wrong! Depleted Uranium.

More like Depleted Ur Anus after paying that much...
Link Posted: 5/31/2016 10:13:02 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

$165 for a buffer lol.

I bet its platinum plated have you seen how much plat is an troy oz

I think you'll be happy with ARC. I have it on two SBR's (one 9mm the other 300 blackout) and I have really enjoyed the compact nature of it. For the size of the stock I only need two positions on the stock the 5 position I think is to much but again its personal preference. CS at MVB industries is AAA+ so if anything goes wrong they will help you. I had an issue with an out of spec buffer and tube and they fixed it within a week. No problems since.
Link Posted: 6/3/2016 1:23:20 PM EDT
[#17]
Battle Arms Dev mentioned that they have plans for 9mm buffers for their PDW VERT stock on their instagram. No idea on how long that's going to be tho. Some dealers are selling the Maxim Defense PDW stock with their proprietary 9mm silent captured spring (check their thread under the new products forum).

It's worth mentioning that both these stocks require you to remove the solid weight at the rear of your 9mm bolt, something that the MVB ARC stock doesn't require you to do.

I'm gonna have to beat myself up after I drop $300+ on a stock. Lol
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top