Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/8/2016 6:56:23 PM EDT
I'm looking for a barrel for a dedicated .22 upper and want one that has a front sight base installed or is profiled to take one.
Looking for something around 11.5".
Model 1 sales has exactly what I want for $200, seems like a decent deal to me.
Any one have any experience with their .22lr barrels? Ive never heard much good about Model 1 sales myself, don't want to buy junk.
Any other options?
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 9:43:36 PM EDT
[#1]
I can't comment on that barrel but I recommend Beyer Barrels all the time due to my experience with them. (well, the one and only that I have) The owner is a great guy and easy to deal with. If you want accurate, he is your guy.  It wouldn't surprise me if he would build a specific contour if he doesn't already offer it.  It's worth a look in my opinion.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 8:12:44 AM EDT
[#2]
With what I'm seeing offered today I have to go with the recommendation of Clint Beyer. Years ago I tested an 8", 1:9 twist
and a 16", 1:16 twist that were super accurate with almost any ammo. Bulk to expensive match. His price is a little higher than
most but well worth the extra cost...My stickied Rimfire thread contains both tests.

Good Luck,
Dave
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 2:40:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Taccom makes a nice lightweight carbon fiber tensioned barrel in 11".
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top