BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 1/21/2016 9:43:17 PM EDT
any one else having this issue. its hands down the biggest pain in the ass ive dealt with as far as guns go.
it fails to eject every time. its strictly a ejector issue. not a bolt buffer or spring or bcg issue
Link Posted: 1/21/2016 10:29:04 PM EDT
[#1]
If your ejector wiggles then it need to be shimmed so it doesnt move. After you get thet fixed put your bolt in and bend the ejector twards the center untill it just about touches the bolt. That should fix your problem
Link Posted: 1/22/2016 10:32:37 AM EDT
[#2]
It's too bad you can't get a hold of QC10 and actually talk to somebody, their customer service sucks!
Link Posted: 1/22/2016 10:56:01 AM EDT
[#3]
Are these ejector issues mostly just with the Glock pattern lowers, or does Colt pattern lowers have issues too?
Link Posted: 1/22/2016 11:31:36 AM EDT
[#4]
I'm just now finding out about thier CS. Unfortunately I have thier lower in a pending F1 or I'd sell the damn thing.
Link Posted: 1/22/2016 11:56:39 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Are these ejector issues mostly just with the Glock pattern lowers, or does Colt pattern lowers have issues too?
View Quote

Speaking form my personal experience, I own the QC10 colt lower, ejector wiggles and it still ejects everytime, no problems.
Link Posted: 1/22/2016 2:18:24 PM EDT
[#6]
I have not heard anything bad about QC10.
If you are trying to call them this week, they may not be too responsive as they are at Shot Shot.

There are several things that can cause the problem you are having.  Maybe mad machinist will drop by and offer his insight.
Link Posted: 1/22/2016 2:56:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
any one else having this issue. its hands down the biggest pain in the ass ive dealt with as far as guns go.
it fails to eject every time. its strictly a ejector issue. not a bolt buffer or spring or bcg issue
View Quote

Hi DeathB4dishonor,

I am the technical support for Quarter Circle 10. I'd like to help you with your build, could you please tell me a little bit more about your build? The ejector is rarely an issue on our GSF builds. Could you describe your set up in greater detail? Everything from your buffer weight and spring to the trigger you're using. What caliber are you shooting? Suppressed? What types of jams are you having stove pipes? Do you have any pictures of the issues you're having? You can email me at [email protected] if you feel more comfortable sharing pictures that way instead of here but it could help someone in the future with an issue.

Caliber
9mm 357 Sig .40 S&W 10mm .45 ACP

Bolt Manufacturer

Upper Receiver

Barrel Manufacturer and lenght

Trigger Group

Lower Parts Kit

Buffer Manufacturer and weight

Buffer Spring
Link Posted: 1/22/2016 3:20:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Hi DeathB4dishonor,

I am the technical support for Quarter Circle 10. I'd like to help you with your build, could you please tell me a little bit more about your build? The ejector is rarely an issue on our GSF builds. Could you describe your set up in greater detail? Everything from your buffer weight and spring to the trigger you're using. What caliber are you shooting? Suppressed? What types of jams are you having stove pipes? Do you have any pictures of the issues you're having? You can email me at [email protected] if you feel more comfortable sharing pictures that way instead of here but it could help someone in the future with an issue.

Caliber

Bolt Manufacturer

Upper Receiver

Trigger Group

Lower Parts Kit

Buffer Spring
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hi DeathB4dishonor,

Caliber

Bolt Manufacturer

Upper Receiver

Trigger Group

Lower Parts Kit

Buffer Spring

EXCELLENT! I am getting ready to start a build with a QC10 lower so this discussion will be very helpful. Thank's for taking time away from The Shot Show to address his issue.
Link Posted: 1/22/2016 3:38:46 PM EDT
[#9]
I never had any problems with their CS. Everytime I've call I had someone answer. I would think this week would be a problem because of the shot show. Call them next week.

Link Posted: 1/22/2016 5:08:54 PM EDT
[#10]
thanks for your response, but it is 100 percent the ejector. if the gun leans any bit left of center the ejector moves left and never even touches the spent casing. the gun should rack the ammo if im manually ejecting the rounds. it doesn't unless I lean the whole gun sligtly right so the ejector lays on the bolt. the mad machinist told me the other day that this is a poor design and says this is very common with this floating ejector. I really am in love with this build but this is rediculous
Link Posted: 1/22/2016 5:13:51 PM EDT
[#11]
I have no intention of being rude. but the facts are fact. your right they hardly answer the phone. they also shipped my package incomplete over the holiday sale. then couldn't be reached at the time I took delivery from the ff, l so I could have a witness tell them they shorted my on my order. I was trying to cover my own ass there so as not be questioned as a liar or cheat. they did fix that issue now im dealing with a ejector issue that people want blame on something else.

so im a little butt hurt about all of this
Link Posted: 1/22/2016 8:35:48 PM EDT
[#12]
qc10 glock 9mm lower
new frontier bolt glock cut
gibbz side charging upper and gibbz foreend
Wilson 7.5'' barrel with flash can
milspec lower parts kit
pistol buffer tube
9mm dedicated heavy buffer
carbine spring
115 grain ammo.

it will not cycle out spent rounds or new rounds via the ejector. if you look thru the mag opening you can see the ejector favoring what ever side you lean the gun to.
the bolt grabs the round nicely pulls it back wards from the barrel but the ejector arm fails to fling it out ward
Link Posted: 1/22/2016 8:42:00 PM EDT
[#13]
FWIW, I have the same lower and the ejector on mine has plenty of wiggle side to side, but it has functioned perfectly since round #1.

Perhaps it is a specific combo of parts that the pistol dislikes...
Link Posted: 1/22/2016 11:51:57 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 1/23/2016 9:18:04 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
OP...any progress since we talked on the phone? I see you are in FL.....if you can make it up to Macon and come to the shop .....ROADTRIP!!!!!!!!! ...........I will be happy to look at it and get you running.....I am at the shop most every Saturday......And I know it only takes about 6 hours to make it to Deland/Orlando ......I have friends in the area....and a machinery dealer I have bought a TON-o-goodies from.....
View Quote

This sounds like an offer you cant (shouldn't ) refuse..  very generous of you mm.
Link Posted: 1/23/2016 1:01:30 PM EDT
[#16]
im interested but id have to make some plans for it first.  im a foreman for mechanical company so time it is hard to get lol. I did shim it with tooth pick and it works pretty well but I need a permanent fix. I still think this is a lame problem to begin with.

ill call you Monday again. if you don't mind. im running the family to Miami tonight for dental conference that my wife is attending, so ill me mia till Monday. thanks for chiming in, its odd there's no response from qc10 on here after the build list was posted
Link Posted: 1/23/2016 8:23:05 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 1/23/2016 9:46:59 PM EDT
[#18]
Hey Mad its the guy who bought the 8 inch in the white from you the past week .  I used .015 shim for mine and that made it a hair snug. Mine was doing the same thing as the OPs so i had tho shim it
Link Posted: 1/23/2016 11:43:46 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 1/24/2016 11:58:58 AM EDT
[#20]
Hello all

I am one of the owners of the company and I have sent an IM to DeathB4dishonor and I will resolve his issues.  

The GSF and the GLF are a different animal than the colt platform.  With the colt you can put most any part on the gun and it will run.  The GSF/GLF not so much, The feed cycle geometry is somewhat more complex. We have spent a great deal of time working on the combination of lower, bolt and barrel, engineering them to work together and function every time, our bolts and barrels are just a little bit different.  I have zero experience with new frontier bolts but I know that failure to eject is not an issue I have had to deal with before.  

Please in the future IM me or ChrisAtQC10 if you fail to reach anyone at the shop.
Link Posted: 1/24/2016 9:28:54 PM EDT
[#21]
? what the hell is OPs
Link Posted: 1/24/2016 9:59:06 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 1/25/2016 4:01:57 PM EDT
[#23]
Mad machinist what would u charge me for the ships or where can I get this locally. Also what would charge for permanent fix ejector.
Link Posted: 1/26/2016 1:51:43 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 1/31/2016 11:05:40 AM EDT
[#25]
so qc10 contacted me about helping me fix my issue still waiting on a follow call or email
Link Posted: 1/31/2016 8:25:24 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 1/31/2016 8:29:36 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 1/31/2016 10:17:27 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Speaking form my personal experience, I own the QC10 colt lower, ejector wiggles and it still ejects everytime, no problems.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I own the GSF lower from QC10 and there is some play from side to side. But has function great in that regard. Sorry to hear of your trouble deathb4dishonor. They are a small company and at times has been hard to get someone on the phone but Danny there has always been quick to reply to my emails.

Link Posted: 2/1/2016 8:58:45 AM EDT
[#29]
Colt QC10 lower here, and mine has functioned fine after getting the ejector fitted.  It required a bit of filing to clear the bolt when the lowers were put together, but QC10 hooked me up and sent a spare ejector to fix the issue, and no problems since, and mine is on a form 1.  Fun little toy to play with suppressed.
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 10:29:06 AM EDT
[#30]
so I was promised a ejector replacement for free no later then Wednesday. so it didn't happen. i called Thursday after work and still wasn't here. now they say it shipped over night which would have put it here Friday or Saturday at the latest.  now I wont see it till Monday. this is a another weekend that has passed, that I've yet to be able to shoot. due to poor business and lack of communication from employees to owner and vis versa. the owner offered a 100 dollar thanks for being patient refund. yet I still haven't heard any more about that either.

so go  ahead and flame me ar15.com users.   tell me its cause there a small company and tell me I don't know what its like. the fact is I due know what its like and this is BS. Ifi  buy a car for 30 grand its gonna work or If I buy a fucking 1 off pistol from jimbo the one man custom pistol gu. y its gonna work. Or im going to do the same thing im doing now.   ive been beyond patient   enough is enough
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 1:23:28 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah it is supposed to move like that. No issues on mine OP.

Edit: strike the above post. I didn't see that we are at 2 pages. If I were you I'd send it to Rudy at Macon. He is our resident Pistol AR guru. He loves what he does too
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 11:18:42 AM EDT
[#32]
For those that do not know, I am one of the owners of Quartercircle10.  We take customer service very seriously. This incident was a failure on our part on several levels and I take complete responsibility.  I could give you a list of excuses but we all know what they are like. I have talked to DeathB4dishonor and understand his frustration.  We are taking steps to change how/who handles customer issues and in what time frame.

There are two options moving forward: 1) We can offer DB4D a full and complete refund 2) We can work with him to make this right to his satisfaction.  I will be contacting him today.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 12:12:12 PM EDT
[#33]
Just saw this thread.  I built an SBR with the QC10 lower and it has been 100% for me both suppressed and unsuppressed.  Never any issues.

The ejector on my lower wiggles a bit as well, but never a problem spitting out the empties.  Would get them again without hesitation.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 2:22:14 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
For those that do not know, I am one of the owners of Quartercircle10.  We take customer service very seriously. This incident was a failure on our part on several levels and I take complete responsibility.  I could give you a list of excuses but we all know what they are like. I have talked to DeathB4dishonor and understand his frustration.  We are taking steps to change how/who handles customer issues and in what time frame.

There are two options moving forward: 1) We can offer DB4D a full and complete refund 2) We can work with him to make this right to his satisfaction.  I will be contacting him today.
View Quote

Very stand up Russ. If i didnt just order an Angstadt Arms receiver set i wouldnt hesitate to order from you.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 1:34:16 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 11:44:24 AM EDT
[#36]
Russ personally answered an email I sent in and I thought that was outstanding for him to take the time to do that.... That move, right there by Russ, told me I was going to be dealing with a company I could work with. I am in the planning stages of my first build and first AR 9. I am going with the QC10 Colt Lower, QC10 CLT Bolt Assembly, QC10  5.5" barrel and will purchase the QC 10 side charging upper if it becomes available in time. I have not heard many complaints about QC10's customer service and surely not enough to deter my trust in them. Sorry to hear DB4DH had issues and hopefully he will get them corrected. I have been in his shoes with other purchases I made and I totally understand his frustration. I am chalking it up to an isolated incident.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 10:44:13 PM EDT
[#37]
im not saying Russ is a bad guy. im saying this was a bad business situation, which may are may not be due to him. it could have been his employees slacking on quality control. as far as a quality replacement part . I finally got it yesterday, which was two weeks longer than it should have taken . Im still waiting on call back from Russ, he wanted to talk to his Partner about some other issues we spoke about.  

What I don't understand is why everyone is so gun hoe about how great they are. this maybe true but even the best fall and fail. but for reason my post has been hijacked by all of you seemingly trying to down play my situation.  yet again whether its big business or small its the company's responsibility to provide a working product to  the costumer. if that's not how business works then my 35 years on earth ive been lied to.

thanks  Russ for the part. but I am still waiting on the other business we spoke about.

Link Posted: 2/9/2016 10:51:40 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
im not saying Russ is a bad guy. im saying this was a bad business situation, which may are may not be due to him. it could have been his employees slacking on quality control. as far as a quality replacement part . I finally got it yesterday, which was two weeks longer than it should have taken . Im still waiting on call back from Russ, he wanted to talk to his Partner about some other issues we spoke about.  

What I don't understand is why everyone is so gun hoe about how great they are. this maybe true but even the best fall and fail. but for reason my post has been hijacked by all of you seemingly trying to down play my situation.  yet again whether its big business or small its the company's responsibility to provide a working product to  the costumer. if that's not how business works then my 35 years on earth ive been lied to.

thanks  Russ for the part. but I am still waiting on the other business we spoke about.

View Quote

Your feelings are mutual OP, it's not just you.  I believe they lack the man power to properly address problems that arrive and also lack in timely delivery of their product.  I believe we are experiencing their growing pains right now and this is what it's going to take to do business with them right now.  
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 7:45:28 PM EDT
[#39]

Greetings,

Yes, same here. When I first built the carbine, I though the floating ejector would be problematic due to the degree of "wiggle" and need to be shimmed. However, it's worked 100% for a few thousand rounds without issue. Only thing I can think of is I have an RRA bolt ramped and Glock cut by ADCO. Perhaps there is some bolt difference that is causing your ejector to float too far over? Hope you get it running and good luck!

Regards, Jim

EDIT: PS, just thought of this...................my Small Frame Glock Lower is actually an early DDLES (the company who is now QC10). I don't know if there have been any changes to the ejector design since the company "re-org".  I know that QC has been doing other refinements such as with the LRBHO,  perhaps other changes have come along. So, my experience may or may not be relevant to your lower.

Quoted:
FWIW, I have the same lower and the ejector on mine has plenty of wiggle side to side, but it has functioned perfectly since round #1.

Perhaps it is a specific combo of parts that the pistol dislikes...
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/11/2016 8:10:40 PM EDT
[#40]

Greetings,

Good to hear from at QC10 Rep. I think it would be a big help if you could post here or on your web page any differences between the earlier projection DDLES Glock mag lowers and your current design. That would help us all to support each other without some possible inconsistencies. It would also allow those of us with the early lowers to keep up with any improvements (that are hopefully backwards compatible). Thanks!

Regards, Jim

I am the technical support for Quarter Circle 10.

View Quote

Link Posted: 2/11/2016 10:33:55 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 2/20/2016 5:11:39 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote

I too had/have this problem.  Tried everything and finally sold it to a friend that said he could fix it; it is now back in my hands.  It damn near broke my spirit when it worked for a minute and then went back to fte every round.  

I have a bewildering array of 9mm parts - buffers, springs, uppers, and barrels from this mess.  QC10 tech support was responsive via email, but we never got anywhere.  I'm at the point where I just put this in the corner of my reloading room and ordered a CMMG lower for Colt mags.  Lesson learned and moving on...

Uppers tried - VLTOR MUR-1s, Black rain billet, PSA
Barrels tried - Adco, PSA, Spinta Precision
Buffers and springs - which ones haven't I tried?
Triggers - tried PSA and others
Magazines - Glock factory
Bolt - NFA (the only other constant other than the lower)
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 8:27:46 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 2/24/2016 11:43:02 AM EDT
[#44]
I am just now researching for parts and find it bewildering how many tweaks seem to be needed with every product I have run across.  Many or most I would say are also out of stock, so it makes me wonder if someone has a great product why wouldn't  you make more?  And if you're selling out and if your product has problems why not get them fixed fast cause the platform seems a hot seller.  

I know this might be a little off topic but does someone have a rock solid platform?  In stock preferably?  Thank's for any response.
Link Posted: 2/24/2016 10:35:54 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 2/25/2016 11:08:11 AM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 2/25/2016 6:48:12 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Ran the 9mm this morning......and still had the problem.......no more than two rounds without a failure to eject....put then new ejector in.....ran a 30 round mag with zero malfunctions, will run a couple of hundred through the day and report back......

Edit....All together I ran 120 rounds today with the replacement ejector......no malfunctions........one of my barrels and an NFA and CMMG bolt. would have run more but feeling rough so went home and am on the couch under a blanket with my laptop.
View Quote

Wow, quite the improvement Rudy. Great work!
Link Posted: 2/26/2016 9:26:43 AM EDT
[#48]
I have been very unimpressed with QC10.

At the Shot show I talked to one of their reps about a problem I have, he scanned my tag and said the tech support people would contact me. Waited a month after Shot and nothing. Sent an email relating to this to QC10, nothing. Tried again after a few weeks, nothing.  Tried an IM and email to the QC10 person who had replied in this thread, nothing.

Seems they employ a lot of crickets at QC10..
Link Posted: 2/26/2016 12:29:23 PM EDT
[#49]
I see QC10 all the time posting photos on Instagram. Hit them up there also. never hurts to try. I bought an Angstadt Arms receiver set and every time I have emailed or called with a question, Rich Angstadt himself has replied to me. I have nothing but good things to say about them so far. Yeah the price seemed high at first but the customer service I have gotten has been great. Rudy also has nothing but high praise from me for his(and his wife) great customer service.
Link Posted: 3/11/2016 2:06:34 PM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top