Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/26/2015 5:55:34 PM EDT
Is there a bolt/barrel combo that works best or more importantly ones to stay away from??
Can I use a standard 5.56 upper or do I need one that has a larger opening?
Is an H2 buffer necessary with a standard length buffer tube or carbine ok?

Looking to go the route of New Frontier for most parts unless there are better or just as good options at a better price point.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 6:08:30 PM EDT
[#1]
I am building a 9mm Glock PDW. I used QC10 for the lower, upper, and bolt.

Any upper will work

The bolt will need to be cut for Glock mags.

You're better off going with a 9mm all steel buffer, the H2 may not be heavy enough.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 6:42:00 PM EDT
[#2]
I have 1100 rounds through an Adco 4.5" barrel,  JP industries bolt/ silent capture buffer system,  QC10 lower and anderson nofa upper.

Not a single issue..
YMMV.

(I used a standard milspec BCM FCG also, fyi)

Edit: for clarity. The JP industries 9mm bolt needs no further machining/ramping for use with a glock mag lower.
The JP silent capture buffer system is expensive, and I would bet there are cheaper options that work just as well.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 10:48:51 PM EDT
[#3]
QC10 is having a black Friday sale so you should probably take advantage, it's 40% off a lower if you spend $50 on other stuff
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 11:47:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
QC10 is having a black Friday sale so you should probably take advantage, it's 40% off a lower if you spend $50 on other stuff
View Quote

Is there a reason I should go with QC10? New frontier is the same price even after discount and QC10 parts seem a good bit pricier.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 11:51:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Just finished mine with a yankee hill 5.5" barrel, PSA 9mm bolt, NFA glock lower, and using a yankee hill 9mm buffer. Haven't had much time to shoot it, but the first 100 rounds resulted in 0 malfunctions using cheap 115g brass ammo.
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 12:22:31 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Is there a reason I should go with QC10? New frontier is the same price even after discount and QC10 parts seem a good bit pricier.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

A lot of people are happy with their product. I've not read many reviews on New Frontier as of yet. I have no comment on either as i'm still debating and collecting parts...

One thing I don't really like is how there aren't really many options to spend $50 on their site besides buying 2 thirty dollar SMG colt style mags, the small parts are under $50 and you basically have to buy another high ticket item like a bolt to fulfill the $50 requirement.
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 12:23:02 AM EDT
[#7]
You need to look at Black Creek Precision too they have some good deals on the lowers right now.  

Though the deal right now on QC10 is awesome.
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 12:24:05 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

A lot of people are happy with their product. I've not read many reviews on New Frontier as of yet. I have no comment on either as i'm still debating and collecting parts...

One thing I don't really like is how there aren't really many options to spend $50 on their site besides buying 2 thirty dollar SMG colt style mags, the small parts are under $50 and you basically have to buy another high ticket item like a bolt to fulfill the $50 requirement.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I agree with this too.  Thats why I suggested Black Creek
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 1:02:53 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No reason really,  other than every review of QC10 here on the board has been positive.. and the owners are members.

I have not heard any feedback of new frontier.  They may be every bit as good..

(I am in  no way affiliated with quarter circle ten)
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top