Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/23/2015 10:53:29 PM EDT
for those of you who may have tried out both, or have knowledge on both, whats the general consensus on these?

which would you choose? Is the 416 all polymer too?
Link Posted: 11/23/2015 11:15:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Both are worthy guns, I've owned both and now just the SW. In fact, I have my Form 1 in for my 2nd 15-22 sbr.
Also just picked up my 2nd .22 GemTech dedicated suppressor today for the 2nd gun.
Changing out the barrel nut and hand guards is easy enough as well as finding them.
Finding the SW lighter and easier to modify, it was an easy choice. Not to mention they shoot damn good.
I'm tempted to order a 3rd as I saw a Black Friday deal for 319. At 20.00 more than I paid for the first two, it's tough to find them under 400.00 these days.
IM me if you decide on the SW and change the hand guards out, I'll send the tool.

Link Posted: 11/24/2015 10:00:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Hk has made many awesome weapons. But when comparing the HK 416 vs. the 15-22 I would give S&W the upper hand. The 15-22 functions identical to a real AR (minus the buffer tube assemble, buffer & spring, gas block & tube).  The safety selector, bolt catch, charging handle & mag release actually functions. The bolt even locks open after the last round. The rifle even brakes down similar to the ar15. It's definitely a great training rifle. It's price point is also on the lower end compared to the HK416. It's also lightweight & has many more after market parts & upgrades.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 3:50:53 AM EDT
[#3]
I prefer and own the 15-22 because it operates just like an AR. The only drawback to the 15-22 is its weight: much lighter than an AR. That may or may not be a concern to you.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 10:50:56 AM EDT
[#4]
Long video, but it's a good comparison.

Link Posted: 11/30/2015 12:47:27 PM EDT
[#5]
The HK isn't really an HK. It's made by Walther.
The "HK"  that i have experience was sent back for repair in under 200 rounds.

I would personally go with the M&P22
Link Posted: 12/1/2015 7:04:42 PM EDT
[#6]
I had both and like the 416/22 better - I kept it. Sold the S&W. It felt more solid, and was more fun.

Its built beeter, I felt, and was all metal. Also it already comes with a great stock and grip + rail.

Mags are cheap at CDNN $20

Its not an HK, its made by walther - imported by umarex
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top