Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/11/2015 9:38:07 AM EDT
The new NFA/Joe Bob's 9mm glock lowers really got me thinking about building a 9mm AR.  
Curious to what the opinions and experiences are on the PSA AR 9 uppers.

I'm really thinking about this  upper for an AR 9mm pistol/pdw build.  

http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.php/ar-9-ar-47/ar-9/psa-10-5-9mm-sqr-9-upper-with-bcg-and-charging-handle.html

Also, anyone know if their 9mm BCGs are good to go with the glock style lowers or if I'd have to get the bolt modified to run properly?
Link Posted: 10/11/2015 10:51:38 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm not positive but I don't believe their BCG is glock cut.  When their 9mm stuff first came out there was some talk of a glock lower coming out, but it appears to be vaporware.
Link Posted: 10/11/2015 2:05:22 PM EDT
[#2]
You'll need to have a PSA bolt modified to work with a Glock-type lower.
Link Posted: 10/11/2015 11:14:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

That's pretty much what I was thinking but was not sure.   I know that there is someone on the forums here that will do that modification for a very reasonable price.

Any other potential issues with that upper on the glock style lowers?
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 11:00:54 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

That's pretty much what I was thinking but was not sure.   I know that there is someone on the forums here that will do that modification for a very reasonable price.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think the guy's name is 'Mad Machinist'.  Everyone seems thrilled with his work.

That said, any reason why you don't just buy a $140 New Frontier modular bolt?  That's prolly the cheaper way to go after all is said and done.   I have one in my Spartan 9 Glock build, I just built it and only put 10 rounds down the pipe so far but it ran like a clock.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 8:59:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I think the guy's name is 'Mad Machinist'.  Everyone seems thrilled with his work.

That said, any reason why you don't just buy a $140 New Frontier modular bolt?  That's prolly the cheaper way to go after all is said and done.   I have one in my Spartan 9 Glock build, I just built it and only put 10 rounds down the pipe so far but it ran like a clock.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, the NFA modular BCG certainly looks promising.  I was just figuring, depending on pricing, if the PSA complete upper is the better value and then getting the bold machined to a glock cut may cost less than piecing together an equivalent 9mm upper.  BUT, if I can build the upper piece by piece for less that may be the route I'll take.
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top