Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/10/2015 7:55:29 PM EDT
Made it to 700 rounds before I got my my first jam. FTF on a 147 TC.... bolt and feed ramp area were looking dirty. Guess its time to detail strip and clean this one.  

How long do you go in between cleaning?

Link Posted: 10/10/2015 8:01:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Well I have never shot more than 500 rounds at  a time. I clean every time i get back from shooting.
Link Posted: 10/10/2015 8:06:13 PM EDT
[#2]
After every range trip I wipe down the bolt and inside of upper with a rag and pull wet/dry patch down barrel with Otis kit. Doesn't take much time. 9mm suppressed gets dirty fast.
Link Posted: 10/10/2015 8:25:32 PM EDT
[#3]
I clean everything after every shooting.  But that's only a .22 and a .38 . . . .
Link Posted: 10/10/2015 8:30:03 PM EDT
[#4]
You should clean them?

MAHA
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 4:40:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You should clean them?

MAHA
View Quote

With a silencer it gets dirty as shite
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 8:38:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
You should clean them?
MAHA

I have a silencer and I still dont clean them unless there is an issue.

MAHA
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 8:47:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

MAHA
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
You should clean them?
MAHA

MAHA

that what I do. Now I'm thinking I need to get another pistol just to run suppressed so I don't have to clean my carry gun every time.
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 9:02:41 PM EDT
[#8]

I have an AR45 and it went about 800 rounds suppressed before I started getting failures.

A shot lube didn't correct the problem.

Link Posted: 10/12/2015 9:10:02 PM EDT
[#9]
I always cleaned mine thoroughly every time I shot it do to the amount of crud the supressor builds up in it. It has run perfectly since the day I built it and never had a single issue up until the one time I got lazy and let it ride. It had a jam of some sort every round that trip. I'm back on my original thought process now.
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 11:57:48 PM EDT
[#10]
I did a detailed a cleaning and changed the spring/buffer combo while i had it on the bench. At the point of the initial build, I was using the stock rifle spring and buffer with the fixed magpul moe stock. This afternoon I installed a spacer, carbine spring and Spikes STX buffer.

Link Posted: 10/13/2015 4:24:47 AM EDT
[#11]
I clean mine after each range trip.  Even after only a couple of hundred rounds, it's pretty dirty.  I also take down the Ti-RANT 9 to at least inspect it.  I clean the dirtiest parts which is usually the area and parts closest to the muzzle.  Everything gets at least a spray of CLP and a wipe down.  I shoot AE 147gr and Rem UMC 147gr at the range.  Haven't seen any difference in fouling by either load, equally dirty.  My 5.56 AR doesn't get as dirty as quickly, but it's not suppressed.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 11:29:47 AM EDT
[#12]
i clean mind when it needs it, i don't count the number of rounds through it, when i think it's dirty it' gets cleaned simple as that
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 12:28:36 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I clean everything after every shooting.  But that's only a .22 and a .38 . . . .
View Quote

Thank god for guns that float!
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 1:06:55 PM EDT
[#14]
clean mine, after every range trip, think ive had 1 malfunction where a round stove piped in at least 1000 rounds, but I only run tula through it, just seems to have no lag in the recoil with that round.  Also shot a bunch of federal bple 9 out of it the +P+ and have a issue with the brass splitting itself clear in half on quite a few rounds, never seen that before.

Link Posted: 10/13/2015 8:11:40 PM EDT
[#15]
I reload and use a very clean burning powder and still clean mine everytime I get done with it (I usually shoot a 30 round mag a week).

I feel lucky to have a 9mm AR that doesn't malfunction, and spending 15 minutes cleaning it is worth the peace of mind that it will continue to fire every time I pull the trigger.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 8:56:49 PM EDT
[#16]
I clean after every range trip, whether it's been 20 rounds of 2,000 rounds.  I keep simple cleaning stuff in my range bag in case I start getting failures in a longer range session, but so far I haven't needed them.
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top