Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/6/2015 1:39:17 PM EDT
I need someone who owns an Octane 45 and an Octane 3 lug mount to make two measurements for me.  I have yet to order mine.

The SilencerCo specifications list the Octane 45 with an overall length of 8.5".  First, I would like to know if it is exactly 8.5".  If not, what is the number?

I would also like to know the overall length with the 3 lug mount installed.

I have asked three sources and gotten three different answers.  I'm hoping the fourth time is the charm (at least I have three other values that I can compare it to).
Link Posted: 10/7/2015 4:55:58 PM EDT
[#1]

And to answer your next question this is how much goes over your barrel

Link Posted: 10/7/2015 7:37:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

Is that OA length 9-5/8"?  The can OA length appears to be 9/16" shorter than the specification sheet.

It also appears that the Octane mount adds only about 3/16" to the OA length upon installation.  Very interesting.

Thanks for the photos Thebangswitch!
Link Posted: 10/7/2015 8:07:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Is that OA length 9-5/8"?  The can OA length appears to be 9/16" shorter than the specification sheet.

It also appears that the Octane mount adds only about 3/16" to the OA length upon installation.  Very interesting.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

No problem glad to show off my new can
I'm guessing they add some length for a standard piston sticking out the back.  The OA is actually 9 1/2  the photo is a little deceiving
Link Posted: 10/7/2015 8:44:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I'm guessing they add some length for a standard piston sticking out the back.  The OA is actually 9 1/2  the photo is a little deceiving
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks for OA length clarification.  I'm anxious for mine to arrive.  Back to building.
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 12:42:39 AM EDT
[#5]
I confirm said same.

The 3lug adds between a little over 1.25 and  about 1.5 inches compared to the fixed barrel mount.
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top