Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/1/2015 11:36:58 PM EDT
Using 1/2x28 threads.

I'm new to the 9mm AR world, just want to make sure it's good to go. I don't know how far back the chamber sits and such.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 11:55:18 PM EDT
[#1]
why wouldn't it be? sounds fine what bolt, buffer, trigger etc you using?
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 12:01:02 AM EDT
[#2]
Should be good. I have a CMMG 8.5 and only the threads stick past the 7" forearm. At 8" your muzzle should exactly line up with the end of the rail.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 12:14:02 AM EDT
[#3]
My new build starts tomorrow FDE bushmaster v tac upper, 8"  micro barrel, FDE 7.2" Troy alpha rail and HK 3lug adapter 1/2x28. Pretty similar to you guys except no suppressor, came from NY, no NFA nada, only been in TX a year, haven't gone for one or an sbr either afraid it's not real.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 7:16:39 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Using 1/2x28 threads.

I'm new to the 9mm AR world, just want to make sure it's good to go. I don't know how far back the chamber sits and such.

Thanks!
View Quote

I run a 7.5" (exact top rail length) SLR rail on a 8.5" 9mm barrel and the rail ends a little less than 1/4" from shoulder of barrel.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 7:49:49 AM EDT
[#5]
Maybe this can give you an idea. It's a 7.25" SLR lined up with 10.5, 8", and 4.5" 9mm barrels
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 1:55:17 PM EDT
[#6]
I think what you are asking is if you will be able to thread a suppressor on the barrel without it hitting the rail, right?

If that is correct, you SHOULD be ok.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 10:32:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I think what you are asking is if you will be able to thread a suppressor on the barrel without it hitting the rail, right?

If that is correct, you SHOULD be ok.
View Quote

Correct, it looks to be so. Thanks, guys!
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top