Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/26/2015 8:23:35 AM EDT
The bolt catch broke on my QC10 lower. There are less than 300 rounds fired.

When I took it to my gunsmith he said the last round bolt hold open lever is causing the problem, so he took it out and everything is functioning correctly now.

Anyone else having problems like this?

I'm using a JP bolt and silent spring.
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 11:21:24 AM EDT
[#1]
That thing bent while I was function testing before I ever fired the gun. I just took it off.
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 11:25:49 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
That thing bent while I was function testing before I ever fired the gun. I just took it off.
View Quote

Cool, thanks.
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 11:31:45 AM EDT
[#3]
How far back can you pull the bolt past the bolt catch location?  Should be just enough to clear the bolt.  If the bolt goes back too far then it builds up enough momentum coming forward to break the catch.  

I've got a several hundred through my QC glock lower without breaking the catch *knock wood*  My problem is the LRBHO isn't all that reliable.
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 11:48:52 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
How far back can you pull the bolt past the bolt catch location?  Should be just enough to clear the bolt.  If the bolt goes back too far then it builds up enough momentum coming forward to break the catch.  

I've got a several hundred through my QC glock lower without breaking the catch *knock wood*  My problem is the LRBHO isn't all that reliable.
View Quote

This exactly....
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 12:05:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote

Good question. I'll have to check the travel later today.
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 12:21:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 3:49:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:  Do you have the new or the old design....the old design the tab to access the follower comes in form the side of the mag......the ne comes in from the front.....the new design also does not have the piece that encloses the bolt catch nose..............and an extended heavy buffer will help with the bolt travel....bolt needs to bottom out about an eighth of an inch from the bolt catch.
View Quote

Did you help design the new one?
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 5:24:37 PM EDT
[#8]
OK, there's no over travel from the buffer. It barely goes far enough back to engage the bolt catch.

I'm going to shoot it tonight or tomorrow so I'll report back when I have more info.
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 6:44:26 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 6:52:22 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 8:12:32 PM EDT
[#11]
I put about 120 rounds through it today with no problems. So, it seems that the LRBHO was the problem in my case.

It's a lot of fun to shoot now.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 11:27:18 PM EDT
[#12]
I run the JP bolt and silent capture too.  My botch catch snapped in half after 100 rounds or so.  I took it out.  I may try the new design.  Last round hold open just isn't that important to me.

My setup looks almost identical, mur, Samson rail.  
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 1:35:30 AM EDT
[#13]
Did I hear someone else was introducing a Glock mag lower?  Other than Olympic, Lone Wolf, & QC10?
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 7:35:13 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Did I hear someone else was introducing a Glock mag lower?  Other than Olympic, Lone Wolf, & QC10?
View Quote

New Frontier Armory has a Glock compatible lower
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 7:37:48 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I run the JP bolt and silent capture too.  My botch catch snapped in half after 100 rounds or so.  I took it out.  I may try the new design.  Last round hold open just isn't that important to me.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

My LRBHO was supposed to be the new design. Last round hold open is not a deal breaker for me, but would be nice.

Quoted:
My setup looks almost identical, mur, Samson rail.  

You know, great minds..........
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 7:39:50 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Beat me to it.

NFA supposedly has a different LRBHO that is in the upper and a lot more reliable.

The uppers will work with QC10 lowers.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 10:36:02 AM EDT
[#17]
For the couple of people pm'ing, yes it is a CMC 3.5 lb. flat blade trigger. It works flawlessly with the JP bolt and SS.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 10:37:20 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
For the couple of people pm'ing, yes it is a CMC 3.5 lb. flat blade trigger. It works flawlessly with the JP bolt and SS.
View Quote

I use the same trigger in my 9mm build. Love it too. Good choice
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 11:26:39 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Which bolt are you using? I have a cmc flat in my 5,56 and .22 SBRs but wasn't sure how it would work in my 9mm sbr. I'm using a CMMG BCG.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 1:39:56 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Which bolt are you using? I have a cmc flat in my 5,56 and .22 SBRs but wasn't sure how it would work in my 9mm sbr. I'm using a CMMG BCG.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

OP stated they're using a JP bolt.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 7:27:27 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

Just got an email from runner runner guns announcing their own billet 9mm lower...

http://us9.campaign-archive2.com/?u=ebde5135b4abd69d0a1c23718&id=0a34d6a93f&e=c82e20d561
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 7:49:11 AM EDT
[#22]
Get a buffer tube spacer, a longer than standard AR carbine buffer, like one from Heavy Buffers.com, or a $1.75 stack of quarters.
Link it the rearward travel of the buffer to about 1/8 to 3/16" aft of the bolt stop
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 8:42:11 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Get a buffer tube spacer, a longer than standard AR carbine buffer, like one from Heavy Buffers.com, or a $1.75 stack of quarters.
Link it the rearward travel of the buffer to about 1/8 to 3/16" aft of the bolt stop
View Quote

Thats not possible with a silent capture system since your supposed to run it without the buffer retainer.  I guess you could try it with the retainer in?

I was thinking about trying to stretch the spring a little or contact JP to see if they offer a stiffer spring for the 9mm Capture.
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 8:52:31 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Thats not possible with a silent capture system since your supposed to run it without the buffer retainer.  I guess you could try it with the retainer in?

I was thinking about trying to stretch the spring a little or contact JP to see if they offer a stiffer spring for the 9mm Capture.
View Quote

JP uses the .308 spring in the 9mm silent spring assembly. I'm not sure if they make a stiffer spring.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 1:24:51 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Just got an email from runner runner guns announcing their own billet 9mm lower...

http://us9.campaign-archive2.com/?u=ebde5135b4abd69d0a1c23718&id=0a34d6a93f&e=c82e20d561
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:  Did I hear someone else was introducing a Glock mag lower?  Other than Olympic, Lone Wolf, & QC10?

Heard that's a variance of the New Frontier Armory.  We'll see if it works the same.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 1:38:16 PM EDT
[#26]

Greetings,

I'd been intending to post a follow up regarding the new LRBHO lever from QC10. I have an early DDLES SFG lower that I was never able to get the last round hold open to work reliably, regardless of the adjustments I did to it. Found a post here about the new design, ordered and installed. Near 100% function so far, at least 500 or so rounds since the swap. Significant improvement in design. Check it out if you've not been able to get the original version to work. FWIW, I have a ramped bolt and a Geislee SSA/E FCG. Good luck to everyone.

Regards, Jim
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 4:20:29 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Heard that's a variance of the New Frontier Armory.  We'll see if it works the same.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:  Did I hear someone else was introducing a Glock mag lower?  Other than Olympic, Lone Wolf, & QC10?

If thats the case I'd take this one over the New Frontier one any day of the week...That roll mark on the New Frontier one is hideous.
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top