User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 6
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/18/2016 1:26:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Not to change the subject or anything, but will the New Frontier lowers work with any upper? I have a slick stripped upper laying around and was thinking about building one of these with the parts that Aim was selling.
Link Posted: 1/18/2016 1:53:32 PM EDT
[#2]
I think they will work with any upper.  I've got an 80% coming in this week so I'll know for sure soon enough.
Link Posted: 1/18/2016 2:13:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Yes. Any upper should be compatible. The only drawback is you won't have LRBO unless you use their new upper which are still just barely trickling out of production. I am using the Matrix side charging upper that Joe Bob Outfitters sells. I am just completing the build and will sacrifice the LRBO for now.
Link Posted: 1/18/2016 2:22:25 PM EDT
[#4]
yes it'll work with any upper.

have almost 700 rounds through it with this spare upper, still waiting for the LRBHO lower to be in stock anywhere
Link Posted: 1/18/2016 2:26:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I received instructions with my Joe Bob Spartan lower that stated you may have to adjust the ejector. You have to loosen the screws and slightly lower it until it barely clears.
View Quote

I don't remember if my lower came with anything like that but the extractor came loose after the first mag I fired through mine so I got to do all this on the range but I got it adjusted properly and tightened down hard, rand another 600+ rounds through it without issue. Probably my favorite build now. Lot of fun to shoot.
Link Posted: 1/18/2016 2:48:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Not to change the subject or anything, but will the New Frontier lowers work with any upper? I have a slick stripped upper laying around and was thinking about building one of these with the parts that Aim was selling.
View Quote

Absolutely works with any AR15 upper, you just won't have last round bolt hold open.
Link Posted: 1/18/2016 3:05:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Absolutely works with any AR15 upper, you just won't have last round bolt hold open.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

cool, thanks yall
Link Posted: 1/21/2016 7:44:34 AM EDT
[#8]
This is interesting.  If I were to buy one of the New Frontier Armory lowers (whether from them, joe bob or runner runner), would it work with the 9mm upper assemblies that PSA sells (with their "hybrid" BCG that PSA says will work with glock mags)?

On the flip side, would the PSA 9mm glock lowers work with the NFA uppers with LRBO?

getting a 100% lower might be easier than doing an 80%, but I wonder if the 80% percent arms easy jig would work with doing one of these nfa billet 80% lowers.

Just curious as I contemplate a 9mm AR build.  

and if one is allowed to dream some, it would be nice if a company could make an AR lower that that would use beretta 92 magazines.  
Link Posted: 1/21/2016 9:47:18 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
This is interesting.  If I were to buy one of the New Frontier Armory lowers (whether from them, joe bob or runner runner), would it work with the 9mm upper assemblies that PSA sells (with their "hybrid" BCG that PSA says will work with glock mags)?

On the flip side, would the PSA 9mm glock lowers work with the NFA uppers with LRBO?

getting a 100% lower might be easier than doing an 80%, but I wonder if the 80% percent arms easy jig would work with doing one of these nfa billet 80% lowers.

and if one is allowed to dream some, it would be nice if a company could make an AR lower that that would use beretta 92 magazines.  
View Quote

I thought i read that NFA was the company actually making the PSA Glock 9mm lowers?
Link Posted: 1/21/2016 11:09:04 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I thought i read that NFA was the company actually making the PSA Glock 9mm lowers?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If that's the case, then it would be good to go, I'd assume.  
Link Posted: 1/21/2016 11:11:05 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

it is purely speculation, BUT there are only a handful of companies that make the glock lowers. from the general looks of psa's lower NFA is the only guess that makes sense.
Link Posted: 1/21/2016 11:40:15 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

question 1.) yes their upper will work with NFA lowers (ie joebob, and runner runner). just understand that the actual upper (this part is just a guess from looking at it) is their cheap "slick side" upper that they were selling before this for $39. what makes their upper a good deal is for the guys who "must have" their specific style of handguard. just a basic run down on parts prices (if you catch this stuff on sale at different places) $50 upper, $150 bolt, $100 barrel, $100 rail, $15 charging handle, $50 flash hider. so for the same price you may be able to get slightly "cooler stuff" for the same amount (you still have to assemble everything. i personally prefer an upper that has an ejection cover so i can swap out the 9mm deflector, and short door to deflect gasses (a friend of mine is left handed and it helps him when he shoots my stuff, for me a slick side would be okay though).

question 2.) physically a NFA upper would pin on a standard lower (with mag block), the bolt is designed to work with either style colt or glcok (however you can find colt only bolts for a couple bucks cheaper), and the barrel funnel may or may not work (with the colt style). glock lowers no longer have feed ramps (cheaper to mill a funnel in the barrel than to make feed ramps, plus the glock mag angle eliminates most of the gap that the bullet travels before entering the chamber). in theory either barrel should work with either style, but sometimes they do not. some companies use a steeper funnel and sometimes this doesn't play well. as hot as 9mm stuff is right now if you buy a decent brand and it doesn't quiet play well with your other stuff you shouldn't have to hard of a time selling the part and recouping most of your money. HOWEVER the nfa style last round bolt hold open (wire part on upper that is acuated by follower, and then forces out the paddle on the bolt catch) will not work with colt style mags (mag followers are different), but the regular last round bolt hold open (the one in the lower). i do not know though if the NFA last round bolt hold open will interfere and cause problems or not.  

for most folks i would suggest picking glock or colt, and sticking with one platform or the other. i am mildy retarded so i prefer the more painful option of getting both.

if i had to tell a guy to pick one i would suggest the glock style. the reasoning behind this is mags. factory mags are easy to come buy for $20ish bucks, magpuls are $15ish, ets are $20ish, sgm are $15ish and all seem to be good to go. the best colt mags (usually, unless you get some from psa on sale) run $35 - $75 (metalform or colt, both made by metalform, but for whatever reason some guys will pay a premium for the word "colt"), everything other brand is $10 - $30 and suspect (some guys claim to have great luck, and some claim to never get a good one).

i fell back into this god forsaken money pit due to psa having $70 colt style bolts, $30 mag blocks, and $13 metalform mags, and then joebobs free shipping and free tee shirt with their glock lowers, and ets group offering an "arfcom" code on their mags. BASTARDS ALL OF 'EM!
Link Posted: 1/21/2016 1:07:59 PM EDT
[#13]
Question, will a 9mm BCG operate the ejection port door on a standard upper?
Link Posted: 1/21/2016 2:32:27 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Question, will a 9mm BCG operate the ejection port door on a standard upper?
View Quote

Yes.  I have a standard stripped upper on my pistol.  The only thing that doesn't work is the bolt hold open feature.
Link Posted: 1/22/2016 2:52:22 PM EDT
[#15]
Is there any feedback on the bho upper?  Does it work?
Link Posted: 1/22/2016 3:01:20 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:  Is there any feedback on the bho upper?  Does it work?
View Quote

Just came out.  Wait a few weeks.
Link Posted: 1/22/2016 3:39:02 PM EDT
[#17]
I know some of y'all have theses uppers.  How do they work?
Link Posted: 1/22/2016 3:59:30 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I know some of y'all have theses uppers.  How do they work?
View Quote

I have one, I have to mess with the ejector to get the rifle working, I'll report back once I shoot it
Link Posted: 1/28/2016 4:15:03 PM EDT
[#19]
Runner runner has lrbho upper in stock
Link Posted: 1/29/2016 12:50:40 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

Forgive my ignorance, but who, or what, is "Runner runner?"  I'm currently looking for that upper.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 1/29/2016 1:14:16 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Forgive my ignorance, but who, or what, is "Runner runner?"  I'm currently looking for that upper.  Thanks.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Runner Runner guns, of McKinney, Texas, north of Dallas/Plano.
Link Posted: 1/29/2016 1:57:54 PM EDT
[#22]
Can someone tell detail parts  list  wanting to build  ar9 with ar15 upper
Link Posted: 1/30/2016 4:48:06 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Can someone tell detail parts  list  wanting to build  ar9 with ar15 upper
View Quote

you could build a ready to fire upper with as little as a stripped upper, bolt, charging handle, barrel, barrel nut.

obviously you would want a handguard of your choice (free float is gonna be less work).

a slick side upper with port door mounting tabs is ideal (you can use the gas deflector, and short port door) (9mm, and other blow back guns are gassy, especially if using a suppressor), but the slick side does away with a shell deflector (that is not used), and a forward assist (also not used, but allows gas to escape and directs it towards your face).

Link Posted: 2/2/2016 10:40:45 PM EDT
[#24]
Someone posted a video of there build.  

http://youtu.be/H2M7X99XFDw
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 2:09:57 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:  Someone posted a video of there build.  

http://youtu.be/H2M7X99XFDw
View Quote

ETA:  At the 9:00 mark, LRBHO did not work on Glock 33 or Magpul 17 rnd mags.  
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 4:21:28 AM EDT
[#26]
Good video and thanks for taking the time to post that.

I have all New Frontier parts, i.e., lower, upper and bcg. The only exception was the charging handle, which is a no-name standard AR ch.

I just put together the lower this evening with a spare Spikes Tactical lower parts kit.

I mounted the upper to the lower and couldn't get the bolt to pull back. I then mounted the upper to another AR-15 lower that I have and the bolt pulled back just fine. After cycling the bolt several times, I put the upper back on the New Frontier lower and I could pull the bolt back normally.

Now, I am just waiting on my barrel and a few other things to get this build out to the range.
Link Posted: 3/22/2016 8:40:02 AM EDT
[#27]
Hey,

I order one of the 80% lowers from JoeBob and have a 80percent jig.   Heard there was an issue with this jig.  Just wanted to know if anyone had used this setup and what the issue was.   I'm oversea right now and wont get to do the build until I get back home.    Though I had it all worked out but sounds like Mr Murphy strikes again.

It looked like I could just remove the two set screws remove the piece and lock it in the jig, but...

Oh any pics of the issue wouldbe great :)

Thanks
Link Posted: 3/24/2016 1:11:04 PM EDT
[#28]
Hope to get this one out this weekend.  Has the NFA side charging upper with LRBHO.  I really hope it works, as  I was really disappointed in assembly.  Put upper and lower together and takedown pin wouldn't go into the upper.  I had to file off some bad machining burrs on the lower to get the rear lug to sit down into the lower enough for the pin to go through.  Some Aluminum Black on there and you can't tell, but i hated that I had to take a file to a brand new part.......

Link Posted: 3/25/2016 9:33:47 PM EDT
[#29]
I just put myself on the waiting list for a NFA LRBHO upper. I have a MGI Glock lower with no provision for BHO. This upper will make my Glock lower a lot my pleasant to shoot.
Link Posted: 3/26/2016 1:44:09 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:  I just put myself on the waiting list for a NFA LRBHO upper. I have a MGI Glock lower with no provision for BHO. This upper will make my Glock lower a lot my pleasant to shoot.
View Quote

Do you know it will work, or are you guessing?
Link Posted: 3/26/2016 8:50:22 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:  I just put myself on the waiting list for a NFA LRBHO upper. I have a MGI Glock lower with no provision for BHO. This upper will make my Glock lower a lot my pleasant to shoot.

I'm guessing. But none of the pictures and also the video posted to this thread show any BHO parts or features in the lower. I hope that if I am incorrect that someone here will clarify this.
Link Posted: 3/26/2016 10:14:09 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

I'm guessing. But none of the pictures and also the video posted to this thread show any BHO parts or features in the lower. I hope that if I am incorrect that someone here will clarify this.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well - the NFA lower has a standard AR LRBHO, which isn't activated by the Glock magazine follower.  It's tripped by the wire in the upper.  If your MGI has a standard AR LRBHO, AND lines up your Glock mag follower to just the right spot for the NFA upper's wire to catch, then it should work.  If the Glock mag in the MGI isn't in the exact same spot as the NFA lower, it won't work.

Was having the same thought about the Facebook drop-in Glock mag block, and also hoping the NFA upper would work.  But it's pure hope, no knowledge.
Link Posted: 3/26/2016 11:02:00 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Well - the NFA lower has a standard AR LRBHO, which isn't activated by the Glock magazine follower.  It's tripped by the wire in the upper.  If your MGI has a standard AR LRBHO, AND lines up your Glock mag follower to just the right spot for the NFA upper's wire to catch, then it should work.  If the Glock mag in the MGI isn't in the exact same spot as the NFA lower, it won't work.

Was having the same thought about the Facebook drop-in Glock mag block, and also hoping the NFA upper would work.  But it's pure hope, no knowledge.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I didn't realize that the system utilized the standard BHO in the lower. My MGI does not have one. From the pictures I've seen, the NFA lower has provision to install a standard BHO but doesn't come with one. In the video I didn't see one installed, but then he said the BHO wasn't working.

So, if I want a Glock mag AR with LRBHO, is the NFA upper /lower set the best/most reliable or is something else ( Quarter Circle 10 ?) better?
Link Posted: 3/27/2016 10:33:21 AM EDT
[#34]
This is probably a dumb question. Are the Spartan Glock lowers at JBO the same as NFA makes for themselves and functionally compatible with the LRBHO system in the NFA Upper?

Is NFA making the exact same lower for anyone else to brand as their own?

Are any other distributors/vendors advertising/selling NFA Glock lowers and uppers?
Link Posted: 3/27/2016 10:38:42 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
This is probably a dumb question. Are the Spartan Glock lowers at JBO the same as NFA makes for themselves and functionally compatible with the LRBHO system in the NFA Upper?

Is NFA making the exact same lower for anyone else to brand as their own?

Are any other distributors/vendors advertising/selling NFA Glock lowers and uppers?
View Quote

Joebob and Runner Runner are the only ones I'm aware of.  And yes, they're functionally the same.
Page / 6
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top