Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/4/2015 12:16:08 PM EDT
I have a Hahn bottom loading 9mm mag block and it doesn't seem to like 147gn FP ammo. American eagle usually just stove pipes trying to chamber.  My handloads seem to work a little better, but they aren't jacketed so i think the flat part is shaving off a little while chambering. Is this normal? If so is there another mag block that handles this profile better?  Up until now i've shot nothing but 115gn FMJ's with zero malfunctions. Magazines used were Brownells (appears to be a metalform mag with the brownells logo on the floorplate) and some converted UZI mags.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 11:19:18 AM EDT
[#1]
Nobody knows of a mag block that works with FP ammo ?
Link Posted: 7/10/2015 2:05:25 AM EDT
[#2]
I haven't had any issues with my bottom loading Hahn and FP's. Could be a mag issue?
Link Posted: 7/10/2015 8:48:32 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/10/2015 9:26:17 AM EDT
[#4]
Can't help with your issue, but my toploader with sten mags feeds my 147's just fine.
Link Posted: 7/12/2015 3:31:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
can you post a pic of the chamber mouth?
View Quote

Yes I can, I'll get one up tonight
Link Posted: 7/12/2015 3:37:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 7/12/2015 7:57:05 PM EDT
[#7]

Link Posted: 7/12/2015 10:04:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 7/13/2015 12:07:55 AM EDT
[#9]
Get a promag block lol works for me.  

I actually had an issue today for the first time th block wasn't in perfect alignment and the mags didn't want to lock in for some reason.

Although I also had problems  with flat point ammo and couldn't figure out a fix so I just got  some round nose 147 to use with my supressor.
Link Posted: 7/13/2015 12:21:47 AM EDT
[#10]
I'm thinking this is the easiest fix since it feeds round nose without an issue. I just got my 9mm can so I never bothered loading 147s till now. The only 147gn RN bullets I could find are made by xtreme bullets. Is that what you use ?

Quoted:
Get a promag block lol works for me.  

I actually had an issue today for the first time th block wasn't in perfect alignment and the mags didn't want to lock in for some reason.

Although I also had problems  with flat point ammo and couldn't figure out a fix so I just got  some round nose 147 to use with my supressor.
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/13/2015 9:29:42 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I'm thinking this is the easiest fix since it feeds round nose without an issue. I just got my 9mm can so I never bothered loading 147s till now. The only 147gn RN bullets I could find are made by xtreme bullets. Is that what you use ?
View Quote

I use Rocky Mountain reloading.  I beleive the guy on here is like long lake drake or some thing like that.  

Www.rmrbullets.com
Link Posted: 7/14/2015 12:15:38 PM EDT
[#12]
That's exactly what i was looking for, and cheaper than xtreme bullets. thanks !

Quoted:

I use Rocky Mountain reloading.  I beleive the guy on here is like long lake drake or some thing like that.  

Www.rmrbullets.com
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Www.rmrbullets.com

Link Posted: 7/14/2015 8:35:22 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Honestly...it looks like the feed ramp on your block is backward.........but I'm pretty sure it is just an optical illusion.....
I can definitely see the need for some improvement on the feed cone of the actual barrel.
View Quote

I agree, ramp looks to backward..  Got pic of magblock in the lower (remove the upper from the lower...
Link Posted: 7/14/2015 9:06:05 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I agree, ramp looks to backward..  Got pic of magblock in the lower (remove the upper from the lower...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Honestly...it looks like the feed ramp on your block is backward.........but I'm pretty sure it is just an optical illusion.....
I can definitely see the need for some improvement on the feed cone of the actual barrel.

Here is a pic of my functioning hahn i shot today.....fed 124gr fp, 147 ball, 158 ball.  Did the guys block slip down?
Link Posted: 7/14/2015 11:32:23 PM EDT
[#15]
Looks exactly like mine.  How about a picture of your feeding cone ?

Quoted:

Here is a pic of my functioning hahn i shot today.....fed 124gr fp, 147 ball, 158 ball.  Did the guys block slip down?<a href="http://s1291.photobucket.com/user/prepperbear/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20150714_195841_zpsebjot2ed.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1291.photobucket.com/albums/b541/prepperbear/Mobile%20Uploads/20150714_195841_zpsebjot2ed.jpg</a>
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Here is a pic of my functioning hahn i shot today.....fed 124gr fp, 147 ball, 158 ball.  Did the guys block slip down?<a href="http://s1291.photobucket.com/user/prepperbear/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20150714_195841_zpsebjot2ed.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1291.photobucket.com/albums/b541/prepperbear/Mobile%20Uploads/20150714_195841_zpsebjot2ed.jpg</a>

Link Posted: 7/15/2015 7:12:58 PM EDT
[#16]
Hard to tell on mine...mag inserted....feed ramp is correct...check your block

Link Posted: 7/17/2015 1:22:11 AM EDT
[#17]
What is there to check ? There's nothing to adjust.
Link Posted: 7/17/2015 8:07:40 AM EDT
[#18]
My RRA with a top loading Hahn & metalform mags runs Am. Eagle flat nose 147 grain just fine.
I thought all bottom loaders had adjustment for height but I've never run one so can't confirm with a Hahn.
Based on pic your round looks like it's coming up too far. Metalform mags feed closer to horizontal than C prod mags, but didn't see what type mag you're running.
If none of this fixes it and you just want to run 147 gr. slugs but don't need a flat nose there's plenty of other choices out there. Georgia Reloading has both standard pressure and +P 147 grain 9mm reloads at good prices.
I've run Am. Eagle 147 gr. flat nose thru my AR, a Beretta Storm, HK UPS, Glock 19, Sig 226 & Walther PPS no issues.
Link Posted: 8/7/2015 12:57:45 PM EDT
[#19]
Loaded up a bunch of 147gn RN bullets from RMR...they work great ! Not a single malfunction and very quiet.
Link Posted: 8/8/2015 8:50:55 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Loaded up a bunch of 147gn RN bullets from RMR...they work great ! Not a single malfunction and very quiet.
View Quote

Heck yeah I think it has to do with the flat profile of the other bullets.  The rmr bullets work great I love them.
Link Posted: 9/13/2015 7:33:44 AM EDT
[#21]
Running a Hahn dedicated unit that installed from the top along with mags purchased from brownells. Mine feeds everything I stuff in the mag. PD 147 FMJFP's, Bayou bullets 147 Fp, and hollow points.
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top