Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/26/2015 11:20:31 AM EDT
I recently received a new CMMG 22LR converion kit for fathers day.  I installed it on my rifle and function tested it with 22Lr dummy rounds.  The extractor did not seem to want to pull the case out of the breech.  I have not live fired the kit yet.  I understand that this is a blow back operated bolt and the kit might possibly still eject a fired round but I would think that the extractor should still be able to pull a live round out of the chamber in case of a missfire.  Using my fingernail to pull a missfired round out of the chamber does not seem like a safe idea.  I looked more closely at the extractor and at least to my eye the extractor looks  unevenly machined and the tip chipped.  The extractor goes not positively hold the cartridge to the bolt face and easily slides past the extractor.  Does this look correct?  Is the extractor supposed to hold the round positively to the bolt face?

Link Posted: 6/26/2015 11:35:30 AM EDT
[#1]
IMO...I have seen a few 22 pistol & rifle extractors machined wrong or chipped that ends it FTE evenly manually. So personally I would call them and  have a replacement part sent to you.
Link Posted: 6/26/2015 12:17:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/26/2015 2:13:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Doesn't look too good to me. Is there a big crack running along the bottom of the bolt?
View Quote

That's just part of the clearance cut for the ejector.
Link Posted: 6/26/2015 10:46:50 PM EDT
[#4]
The extractor is really just there to pivot the case out of the upper during live fire.  You can have live round ejection with them but ususally require some tunning. Try live fire I think you will have an issue.  If you do email CMMG and request a new one.  

MAHA
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 4:38:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Sent an email to CMMG asking if my bolt/extractor was operating correctly and attached the pictures asking if my extractor looked correct.  Got a replay asking for my contact info and shipping info stating they will get this taken care of.
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top