Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/23/2015 12:00:55 AM EDT
For those who use the Slash 9QT buffer how does your setup run when your suppressor removed?
Also how does the 9Q run suppressed? Thanks.
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 12:29:48 AM EDT
[#1]
Good and Good...I did not have any issues.  Also take a look at the JP 9mm Silent Captured Spring.  I initially purchased the 9QT and Wolf Spring...worked well both suppressed and unsuppressed.  Then I came across the JP 9mm Silent Spring and decided to try it and the JP 9mm SCS ran, IMO, "smoother" than the 9QT...less felt recoil..and just "smoother".

I've also come across the Blitzkrieg 9mm Hydraulic Buffer, the weight makes it pretty attractive .. maybe for my next 9mm lower build.
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 1:04:44 AM EDT
[#2]
Let's just say, if your optic is mounted so low your cheek is on the buffer tube, you WILL feel the recoil.
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 11:55:58 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the info, should I buy one of each?  I want to buy from slash because he is semi-local.
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 12:13:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Q buffer Runs great.
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 5:15:43 PM EDT
[#5]
My 9QT with Wolff xtra power spring would not run reliabily without a suppressor on the 5" barrel with cmmg bolt. Runs well with suppressor attached but has sharper recoil than ideal. I'm going to use the adjustment kit slash sells for $15 to lower the weight some in the buffer.
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 5:41:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Thinking I should get one of each then.
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 9:41:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thinking I should get one of each then.
View Quote

I'm kinda heading that way.  I now have the 9QT and the JP SCS....but just one 9mm lower.  Since I got the JP SCS, the 9QT is sitting in the drawer back in its original bag.  I'm about to get the Blitzkrieg 9mm Hydraulic Buffer to try out.  When I finally get around to building up the Glock Lower, I'll probably just run the JP and the Blitzkrieg.
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top