Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/22/2015 7:08:51 AM EDT
Right now AMM is running a deal where you get 10% off a combo the the bottom loading mag block and heavy Stainless steel 9mm buffer. Total is $116.91 + shipping. They ship two day USPS, provide tracking info and package well.

From the box

Different views

Buffer

Magblock comes with three allen wrenches and NO INSTRUCTIONS.
Two are used to tighten the set screws which in turn engage the flat, non-marring retention plungers. I have no idea what the third and smallest allen wrench was for.
The magwell has three points of retention

Install takes 30 seconds. Slip it in from the bottom while depressing mag release up to flush with the top of the magwell. Tighten with the two allen wrenches. Done.

I tried old preban COLT, New MetalForm COLT, Converted Uzi, ProMag. All click in nicely, hand cycle ammo and drop free. COLTs and ProMags activate bolt hold open, Uzi don't

UZI

Preban COLT

MetalForm COLT

ProMag

Range session tomorrow.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 10:23:06 AM EDT
[#1]
The smaller Allen wrench is to adjust the ejector. There is a Allen head screw that you loosen and then you can adjust the ejector up and down.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 10:28:47 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for posting pictures!
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 10:50:30 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The smaller Allen wrench is to adjust the ejector. There is a Allen head screw that you loosen and then you can adjust the ejector up and down.
View Quote

Appreciate that!

This is a pretty well thought out piece. Looking forward to getting it really dirty tomorrow.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 10:59:09 AM EDT
[#4]
Nice! Must be a v2, my magwell doesn't have the angled cuts and is flat across the bottom. The new version looks like it makes a nicer funnel for inserting mags now, how do I tell the wife I NEED this new version when mine works just fine
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 12:21:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Postban,

How did the range session go? I think your using a PSA 10.5 upper with the non-ramped bolt as well? Ordered one myself and another AMM magblock... the wife is taking over my 7.5" 9mm build

One area of concern for me is the trigger I plan on using, CMC 3.5. My MAS defense ramped bolt fails to reset the hammer IF the trigger is held to the rear like during normal firing.. If I dry fire, let off the trigger and then rack the bolt the hammer resets every time. Same thing happens with my RRA 2 stage triggers and I think that's what your using? I'm hoping the PSA non-ramped bolt cures these reset issues. The MAS defense ramped bolt has no reset issues using an OEM trigger group with JP or OEM springs.
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 4:56:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Range session, very nice. Had good cycling with 124gr JHP supers and my 147gr FMJ sub loads. 147gr Winchester White box only worked with the Colt or Uzi mags. The ProMags seemed to slow cycling some.
After shooting a while I noticed mags were not catching the mag release, would not lock into the gun. I rotated the release tab one turn tighter and that fixed it. May the block just settled in some. Retightened the two allen screws, 1/4 turn more, went back to shooting.
Runs great with my Osprey-9 can. It served as my ranch rifle this trip to the cabin.
I am using a Geissele SSA-E trigger group in this pistol. No issues with reset.

Link Posted: 5/24/2015 11:39:21 PM EDT
[#7]
I am running one as well. Some small adjustment when I first installed it and it has been running for the last 4 range trips.

MAHA
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 8:52:11 AM EDT
[#8]
Thanks for the info/pics.

Is that a PSA upper?  What parts did you use in the build?  Thanks
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 7:43:18 PM EDT
[#9]
This below with a Geissele SSA-E trigger and a PSA 10.5 9mm upper/bolt. Random rear sight, not sure brand, dont matter.

Link Posted: 5/26/2015 8:43:46 PM EDT
[#10]
Mine doesn't like Brownells duracoated magazines.
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top