Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/2/2015 7:00:31 PM EDT
I must be losing it, I can't seem to find it on their site.

Link Posted: 5/2/2015 7:04:45 PM EDT
[#1]
"Colt" style (aka modified Uzi)
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 7:05:17 PM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

Thanks.
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 7:42:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Metalform - available from Brownells at decent prices
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 7:44:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote

Modified Uzi mags aren't the same as Colt pattern mags.  They'll work except for the bolt hold open.  Colt pattern mags have a spine on the back similar to what's on an AR15 mag, Uzi mags don't, they're flat across the back.
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 7:45:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

Available from PSA for much less. $25 each
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 10:13:01 PM EDT
[#6]
A related question; how does the CMMG bolt compare with the Colt bolt?
Moon
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 9:50:04 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Modified Uzi mags aren't the same as Colt pattern mags.  They'll work except for the bolt hold open.  Colt pattern mags have a spine on the back similar to what's on an AR15 mag, Uzi mags don't, they're flat across the back.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Totally fair - but I mentioned "aka" since I've seen some folks (e.g. IWI) describe their "Colt-pattern-9mm" mags that way rather than use another mfg's name/trademark in their description.  Didn't intend to imply they were equal, just "Also Known As"...
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 12:11:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My local PSA carries two different types of Colt SMG mag, one has the black metal follower and looks identical to all my Metalforms & Brownell mags. The cheaper ones have the orange plastic followers like the old C Products, not sure who is making those. I think the PSA 'metalform' 30s were $39 each, their store prices are sometimes higher than their web prices but they'll honor the online price if you ask.  Just be aware of what type you're ordering.
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 1:20:34 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

My local PSA carries two different types of Colt SMG mag, one has the black metal follower and looks identical to all my Metalforms & Brownell mags. The cheaper ones have the orange plastic followers like the old C Products, not sure who is making those. I think the PSA 'metalform' 30s were $39 each, their store prices are sometimes higher than their web prices but they'll honor the online price if you ask.  Just be aware of what type you're ordering.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah. You want the PSA branded ones with metal follower. They are made by metalform for PSA.
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top