Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/3/2015 8:34:24 PM EDT
Just want to confirm before I order. Can a Taccom bolt be used with a CMMG barrel and collar?
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 8:46:49 PM EDT
[#1]
i used a taccom barrel and collar with my cmmg bolt
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 8:59:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
i used a taccom barrel and collar with my cmmg bolt
View Quote

That doesn't answer his question at all.

A phone call to taccom will answer it for you.
They said it was the same as Velocity and I think they interchange with CMMG but not 100% sure.
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 9:13:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Yes, it will work with the CMMG collar installed on the Taccom bolt assembly.  I have one humming along quite well!
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 9:49:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks guys. Here is my situation. I am building a dedicated suppressed SBR 22LR upper. I have a SilencerCo Specter 2 in jail. I have also purchased a CMMG Keymod 7" hand guard, a Bonnie Packer better mag adapter and more SW 15-22 mags. I decided to go with a Taccom upper, bolt and barrel. The barrel is where I hit a snag in my plans. My form 1 dictates a 4.5" barrel and since Tacccom does not incorporate an O-ring engagement feature my plan was to buy their 8.5" tube and cut it down to 4.5", thread and add the O-ring end.

So I get the barrel and do a few measurements and am not going to be satisfied with it. The factory threads are cut on the thicker part (.750) and after threading to 1/2 x28 leaves a .125 shoulder. Problem is where it would need to be cut measures only .630 and leaves just .065 shoulder. I have decided to just buy the CMMG 4.5" barrel that already has an O-ring end and be done IF this will work with my Taccom bolt.

Kind of long winded but it's about the best I can describe it.
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 10:13:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Yes it will work.

Dave N
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 11:20:11 PM EDT
[#6]
It will work, good barrels.
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top