Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/26/2015 10:58:00 AM EDT
Anybody put a different forend on tactical solutions sbx upper?  I know it can be done just curious how hard it was to do.
Thanks
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 12:50:34 AM EDT
[#1]
Now this has been a few years and things might be different. But

I owned an AR 22lr SBX upper for a while - the POS handguard was one reason I ended up selling it (for a loss).  

I called and talked to Tac Sol and they said it could not be removed unless you removed the shroud (which the guy on the phone said you couldn't).

Moral of story - If you want SBX style get a Beyer barrel and have it put on with whatever handguard you want........ or save up until you can SBR the rifle............ or just get the Taccom3g upper and be done with it and deal with the longer length

I will say I have owned the Tac Sol, CMMG, Taccom3g and by far the most accurate one was the Taccom3g

YMMV
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 10:54:19 PM EDT
[#2]
O man have u guys seen Tactical salutations new Kestrel pistol uppers there Bad freaking Ass, I think im gonna get one and put it on a 80% lower I got, they went with all new hand guards this year there own Tactical key mod rails and they look nice, I dont think u would want to change them at all, checkout there new web site they have alot of new cool stuff........
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top