Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/23/2015 11:53:47 PM EDT
will a standard h buffer and tube work for one of these builds?i see a few companies sell a buffer that they call 9mm and also had a knowledgeable guy tell me the 9 buffer had all steel weights in them and would be compairable to about a h3?any thoughts?
Link Posted: 2/24/2015 12:01:06 AM EDT
[#2]
I installed one of Slash's 9mm extended heavy buffer. Now all the smoke and crud go thru the can, not out the ejection port or into my eyes. Quieter as well.
Link Posted: 2/24/2015 3:09:58 AM EDT
[#3]
I'm waiting on a Hahn Precision 9mm buffer. We'll see how well it works when it gets here. I would've bought a heavy buffer from Slash, but I needed some other parts to complete my build. I'm keeping my fingers crossed because I haven't seen much about the Hahn buffer.
Link Posted: 2/24/2015 9:09:29 AM EDT
[#4]
I'd recommend at least a 5 oz buffer, my Rock River Arms 9mm came with a 5.4 oz carbine buffer. Later upgraded to a Spike's St-9x buffer which is 8 oz and is a dedicated length. Still cycles all ammo just fine but the recoil is much less. Unless you're sharing a lower with another upper I'd really recommend a dedicated length buffer or a spacer or at least some quarters in the buffer tube, that overtravel a standard buffer takes is noticeable. I think Slash's heavy buffer is over 10 oz so I don't think you can go too heavy in this area. If I were shooting more hot/+P ammo I'd probably upgrade to a 10 oz. myself.
Link Posted: 2/24/2015 9:11:57 AM EDT
[#5]
Spikes ST-9X is also the right length for 9mm and weighs about 8oz:  http://stores.9mmar.com/spikes-tactical-st-9x-heavy-buffer/
Link Posted: 2/24/2015 10:29:41 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm waiting on a Hahn Precision 9mm buffer. We'll see how well it works when it gets here. I would've bought a heavy buffer from Slash, but I needed some other parts to complete my build. I'm keeping my fingers crossed because I haven't seen much about the Hahn buffer.
View Quote

I've run over 2000 rounds through my 9mm with the hahn buffer and had zero issues.
Link Posted: 2/24/2015 11:49:35 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I've run over 2000 rounds through my 9mm with the hahn buffer and had zero issues.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's good to hear. I've tried researching their buffer, but mostly get directed to the mag well adapter.
Link Posted: 2/24/2015 3:45:32 PM EDT
[#8]
I've found the older MGI rate reducing buffer to be the smoothest and lowest recoil in the
M16/9.
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top