Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/18/2015 6:33:24 PM EDT
I have been waiting for TACCOM to get steal bolts and barrels in stock for a while.

Is it normal for them to not have steel barrels and bolts for long periods of time? Are there other dealers who carry TACCOM parts?

Looking for a bolt and a 8" steel barrel

Thanks
Link Posted: 2/18/2015 6:49:48 PM EDT
[#1]
I've also been waiting on an 8" barrel to come back in stock.  Seems like it's been months.
Link Posted: 2/18/2015 7:54:11 PM EDT
[#2]
I'll see what I can find out for you guys.

Dave N
Link Posted: 2/18/2015 9:02:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Just give Tim a call. His customer service is top notch.
Link Posted: 2/19/2015 9:40:15 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I have been waiting for TACCOM to get steal bolts and barrels in stock for a while.

Is it normal for them to not have steel barrels and bolts for long periods of time? Are there other dealers who carry TACCOM parts?

Looking for a bolt and a 8" steel barrel

Thanks
View Quote

Hey Bo........

Haven't been on the forum lately, honestly, the best way to get answers from us is to call us.

On the 8.5" barrels.....in the past, they have not been a huge seller for us so we keep a minimal amount in stock, that being said.......we should have more in stock early next week. Not sure why they don;t move as much as i had thought.....I think they are great length!!!

On the bolts......we have only run out of bolts once and that is now. We basically, were caught with our pants down on this one......we never anticipated the surge in sales over the holidays and we pretty much got wiped out. This also caught our supplier with their pants down as well. Any bolt assemblies that we have left, we needed to keep for complete upper builds. We do not have a back order status.....just bad business in my opinion. I can give you a projected date when i don't have your money and be wrong......but it is a totally differnt thing when I tell you a date and I have your money. I can only go by what my supplier tells me and at this point.......I do not have a good firm date on bolt assemblies. It's too late to even consider another supplier and we are just waiting it out as you are. Yours truly made a huge tactical error on this one and i take the brunt of the blame.

As much as I hate to loose a sale, I would recommend that if you absolutely have to have a bolt assembly.....try target master. Back in the day, we almost went with them to supply our bolt assy's to us. While not what we would call perfect, they do work well and pretty much anything that falls short on them can be rectified with our upgrade kit. The only other issue i would have with the target master bolt is the way the plate is welded on....it's not a fillet weld like ours....but hey, they stand behind their product and if it was a huge issue they would have changed over years ago. Yes, they are a blued bolt assembly, but I have them them to be a very smooth operating set up and well.....we all know what oil can do to protecting surfaces.

It's the best we have at this time.....sorry that I can't be of more help!!

Regards'
Tim

PS....once we do get bolts back in stock......I suspect that we will probably not run out again.
PSS....looks like 8.5" barrels are heading to me.....Wednesday???
Link Posted: 2/19/2015 7:49:40 PM EDT
[#5]
You took the time to give me an update so I'll do business with you no matter how long it takes. I appreciate the information. I'll watch your site and order the barrel when I see them show up and wait for the bolt.
Link Posted: 2/21/2015 1:05:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Hay guys, thought I would post this to help u out, I to have been waiting on Tim at taccom for a 22 bolt for a long time now, and after talking to him it sounds like its gonna be a while before he gets any bolts in stock, so I went hunting for a 22lr bolt and found some at Spikes tactical, there a little pricey (paying for the name) but there also NP3 coated, all u need to do is change out the firing pin, spring and extractor with Taccoms and ur good to go, im in the process of building the baddest most expensive AR 22lr on the planet lol !, using a seekins billet lower irmt upper and rail with all spikes and taccom parts, should be done in a couple of weeks, just waiting on parts, I will post some pics when its done.......
Link Posted: 2/21/2015 11:35:38 PM EDT
[#7]
I wouldn't take a chance on the Spikes.
Way too many issues with them.
Link Posted: 2/21/2015 11:43:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 2/22/2015 5:17:48 AM EDT
[#9]
What kind of issues are we talking about @shadowcop, they are the new Gen2 bolts, after several conversations over the last month with Tim at taccom, the only difference from his bolts to anybody else is his firing pin, HP recoil spring and extractor, and his welds are beefier thats it, I will be changing out the firing pin, HP spring and extractor on the spikes bolt with taccoms, and if any of the welds break during use I will just re-weld better welds with a tig welder, and it should be good to go........
Link Posted: 2/22/2015 7:50:26 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Hay guys, thought I would post this to help u out, I to have been waiting on Tim at taccom for a 22 bolt for a long time now, and after talking to him it sounds like its gonna be a while before he gets any bolts in stock, so I went hunting for a 22lr bolt and found some at Spikes tactical, there a little pricey (paying for the name) but there also NP3 coated, all u need to do is change out the firing pin, spring and extractor with Taccoms and ur good to go, im in the process of building the baddest most expensive AR 22lr on the planet lol !, using a seekins billet lower irmt upper and rail with all spikes and taccom parts, should be done in a couple of weeks, just waiting on parts, I will post some pics when its done.......
View Quote

Sounds easy doesn't it?  Well, maybe the Gods of AR22 will be with you,
maybe not. Experience tells us that while you can dump thousands into
your build, there is absolutely no guarantee you'll end up with a reliable
and accurate gun.

We'll be looking forward to seeing how yours turns out and how well it
shoots.

Best of luck,
Ted
Link Posted: 2/22/2015 8:08:43 PM EDT
[#11]
I have a cmmg bolt paired with a Tacom barrel, works great.
Midway had a sale on CMMG bolt and 16" M4 contour barrel set.
I sold the barrel for what I had in the set, and bought a Tacom barrel and one of their bolt upgrade kits, haven't needed to install the kit, several hundred rds.
Link Posted: 2/22/2015 8:24:48 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
What kind of issues are we talking about @shadowcop, they are the new Gen2 bolts, after several conversations over the last month with Tim at taccom, the only difference from his bolts to anybody else is his firing pin, HP recoil spring and extractor, and his welds are beefier thats it, I will be changing out the firing pin, HP spring and extractor on the spikes bolt with taccoms, and if any of the welds break during use I will just re-weld better welds with a tig welder, and it should be good to go........
View Quote

Unless Spikes change their bolt specs, the firing pins won't fit, Taccom extractors may or may not fit.
One of the big problems with Spikes BCG's were the soft metal they were made of. Rails bent very easy. Once bent, they would never be right again.
Maybe the new ones are better. Chances are someone else is making them for Spikes anyhow.
If it were me, I'd find an older all stainless CMMG if you don't want to wait for a Taccom.

Dave N
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 10:39:56 PM EDT
[#13]
Tim

Just ordered my barrel. I'll be watching for your bolts.

Thanks Bryan
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 11:05:34 PM EDT
[#14]
Hay bud, have you seen tactical solutions new Kestrel pistol uppers there Bad ass, they have key mod rails and nice comps on them already.........  
Quoted:
Tim

Just ordered my barrel. I'll be watching for your bolts.

Thanks Bryan
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/27/2015 11:31:52 PM EDT
[#15]
Well I got my spikes bolt on Wednesday, and I must say it looks like a very nice bolt to me, it looks just like a Taccom bolt except, I think the pin holes might be smaller on the spikes bolt, not sure yet I haven't tried to change out the extractor yet, but the hole in Taccoms extractor looks bigger then the hole in the bolt,  Im going to try and run it with the stock spikes bolt first and see how it dose before I go changing anything on it, going to start putting it to gather this weekend .........  
Quoted:

Unless Spikes change their bolt specs, the firing pins won't fit, Taccom extractors may or may not fit.
One of the big problems with Spikes BCG's were the soft metal they were made of. Rails bent very easy. Once bent, they would never be right again.
Maybe the new ones are better. Chances are someone else is making them for Spikes anyhow.
If it were me, I'd find an older all stainless CMMG if you don't want to wait for a Taccom.

Dave N
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dave N

Link Posted: 3/3/2015 6:27:29 PM EDT
[#16]

Sounds easy doesn't it?  Well, maybe the Gods of AR22 will be with you,
maybe not. Experience tells us that while you can dump thousands into
your build, there is absolutely no guarantee you'll end up with a reliable
and accurate gun.

We'll be looking forward to seeing how yours turns out and how well it
shoots.

Best of luck,
Ted
Yes it dose.....and it was....easy that is, I had no problems with the seekins 22lr upper I just built, other then having to file a few thousands off of the extractor grove in the taccom barrel so it would line up with the extractor on the bolt, it was a cunt hair off, other then that everything went together perfect, and it runs flawless right out the gate , the new gen2 spikes bolt runs sweet, and its still stock, I did not put the taccom spring, extractor or firing pin in it yet, as fast as I could pull the trigger it spit the cci stingers out with no jams or miss fires, it worked perfect, now its time to list it on GB and see if I can sell it, next im going to build a dedicated POF 22lr upper for one of my POF lowers........
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 10:55:41 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Dave N
View Quote

I'm curious about this.  Are the newer CMMG units problematic?  When did that start happening?  I'd always understood the CMMG units to be top notch.

Are the Taccom units now the best option?
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top