Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/2/2014 3:24:51 PM EDT
For those of you that use one, any issues? I am building a .22 upper with cmmg bolt and barrel to use on a standard AR lower and already have a handful of 15-22 magazines. Any downside to using this adapter vs buying separate black dog magazines?

http://www.redi-mag.com/index.php?l=product_detail&p=52
Link Posted: 12/2/2014 3:49:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
For those of you that use one, any issues? I am building a .22 upper with cmmg bolt and barrel to use on a standard AR lower and already have a handful of 15-22 magazines. Any downside to using this adapter vs buying separate black dog magazines?

http://www.redi-mag.com/index.php?l=product_detail&p=52
View Quote

There no problems at all using it with the CMMG bolt and barrel for a semi automatic.  It needs a clearance cut and some fitting to use with some other bolts, or to use with a full auto lower.
Link Posted: 12/2/2014 9:44:44 PM EDT
[#2]
I haven't had a single problem with 1000+ rounds through my CMMG Bravo and better mag kit.  The S&W mags are excellent as well, the ten rounders are perfect for shooting from a bench.
Link Posted: 12/2/2014 11:46:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I haven't had a single problem with 1000+ rounds through my CMMG Bravo and better mag kit.  The S&W mags are excellent as well, the ten rounders are perfect for shooting from a bench.
View Quote

No problems with mine either. And I like the 10 rounders too.
Link Posted: 12/3/2014 11:18:33 AM EDT
[#4]
i switched from blackdogs to 15-22 mags. im really happy with it. no issues.
Link Posted: 12/3/2014 12:21:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Ive got two in different guns and both are flawless.  Love them!
Link Posted: 12/3/2014 4:26:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Best mags we have found and work 100% flawless in both our CMMGs with the better mag adapter..Do really like the Black Dog 50 round drums too. They are also flawless.
Link Posted: 12/3/2014 6:02:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Best mags we have found and work 100% flawless in both our CMMGs with the better mag adapter..Do really like the Black Dog 50 round drums too. They are also flawless.
View Quote

Do you get the 50 round drums that are made for the 15-22 I take it or the standard?
Link Posted: 12/4/2014 12:01:36 PM EDT
[#8]
We have the ones for the standard AR22. No last shot hold open..Really like em though otherwise.
Link Posted: 12/4/2014 4:58:20 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
We have the ones for the standard AR22. No last shot hold open..Really like em though otherwise.
View Quote

Even with the 15-22 feed towers (I have several of each kind) there's no bolt hold open with the drums - they're not made to activate it.
Link Posted: 12/4/2014 5:07:37 PM EDT
[#10]
So the bdm 15/22 drums will work with the adapter ( BHO won't work)?  

I have regular BDM drums and love them but have to remove the adapter to use them. It would be nice to switch to 15-22 style drums...
Link Posted: 12/4/2014 5:23:09 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
So the bdm 15/22 drums will work with the adapter ( BHO won't work)?  

I have regular BDM drums and love them but have to remove the adapter to use them. It would be nice to switch to 15-22 style drums...
View Quote

You can order just the feed towers from BDM and retrofit your existing drums with 15-22 feed towers.  

They'll still work in other AR 22s without the adapter, as well, though they may have a bit of slop back to font, since the body of the 15-22 magazines are shorter to fit the S&W 15-22 magwell.
Link Posted: 12/4/2014 5:53:48 PM EDT
[#12]
Love mine with 15-22 mags. Works great.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 4:58:19 AM EDT
[#13]
Will this work with a CZ V22 ?
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 1:38:25 AM EDT
[#14]
Flawless here...
S&W  1522 mags are the best  in 22 LR land
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 1:14:58 PM EDT
[#15]
I must've installed mine slightly wrong. The adapter would slide up while I was shooting on every magazine and the adapter would jam the bolt back requiring I drop the magazine and pull the bolt fully back to relieve the tension on adapter while pulling down the adapter in the mag well to let the bolt go forward.

Spikes lower with cmmg barrel and bolt and brand new better mag adapter with 25 round m&p magazines.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 1:21:11 PM EDT
[#16]
possible your mag release assembly need's adjusting or the lower is out of spec
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 3:01:55 PM EDT
[#17]
Tried it in two other lowers when I got home and after the "click" sound when its in place, it can still be pushed up. Is that how it should be? It can also easily tilt front and back so maybe when it is firing the adapter walks up a little?
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 3:30:20 PM EDT
[#18]
Anyone know if the adapter will work with a Sig 522? I'm considering a pink 15-22 for my wife a kid to use but the different mags are holding me back. If I could use the S&W mags in both it might put me over.
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 2:34:25 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Tried it in two other lowers when I got home and after the "click" sound when its in place, it can still be pushed up. Is that how it should be? It can also easily tilt front and back so maybe when it is firing the adapter walks up a little?
View Quote

The adapter is not held in by the magazine catch. Also, unless your receiver is way out of spec it will not tilt front and back. The magazine holds it up against the barrel, and the barrel and the CMMG bolt assembly keep it from going up too far. The friction plunger keeps it from falling out when there is no magazine in the gun. Check the pictures we have on our web site,   www.redi-mag.com  , to make sure it is installed correctly. If you still cannot make it work, we will be happy to accept your return.

Dave
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 2:36:20 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Anyone know if the adapter will work with a Sig 522? I'm considering a pink 15-22 for my wife a kid to use but the different mags are holding me back. If I could use the S&W mags in both it might put me over.
View Quote

Unless the SIG uses a CMMG bolt assembly and has a standard AR15 magazine well, there is no possibility.
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 4:11:44 PM EDT
[#21]
Spoke with Dave and am extremely happy with his customer service. Seems it just be tolerance stacking  among many parts so I'm going to try it again and if still catching then send it back to Dave for him to take a look at which he offered to do.

Thanks again.
Link Posted: 12/28/2014 6:23:36 PM EDT
[#22]
Wanted to updated and say 1st that Dave has incredible customer service and I will recommend the 15-22 better mag adapter to everyone. 2nd, when I took it out to the range again it caught the first few mags then was flawless the rest of the day. I think since the whole gun was all new parts that they just needed to get broken in.

Thanks Dave!

Link Posted: 12/28/2014 7:24:39 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Wanted to updated and say 1st that Dave has incredible customer service and I will recommend the 15-22 better mag adapter to everyone. 2nd, when I took it out to the range again it caught the first few mags then was flawless the rest of the day. I think since the whole gun was all new parts that they just needed to get broken in.

Thanks Dave!

View Quote

Good deal!
Link Posted: 12/28/2014 8:49:10 PM EDT
[#24]
Mine has worked great with CMMG BCG and a Taccom BCG. The adapter was clearanced for the Taccom.

Oddly, my adapter was a very tight fit in every lower I tried it in. I finally sanded down a couple areas and got it to fit in one lower.
Must be a fluke because I've never heard anyone else complain.
Called Customer Service and they had also not heard of any issue.

Dave N
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top