Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/30/2014 2:55:44 PM EDT
I got a CMMG 9mm PDW this morning.  Need to remove the standard pistol buffer tube to replace with a KAK Sig brace buffer tube.  What is the best way to remove it?  Are they lok-tited  down or staked in some fashion?  Need to know what I am dealing with here.  Thanks for any info.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 4:49:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Mine came off easy. No loctite or anything to hinder removal.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 5:06:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Mine came off easy. No loctite or anything to hinder removal.
View Quote

Ditto. Mine had No Loctite...

Dave in Florida
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 6:42:09 PM EDT
[#3]
a liitle heat will fix it if it has thread locker.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 7:08:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Hmmm... mine is not moving.  Tried twisting by hand, bracing it, no go.   Tried heating it with a hair dryer til hot, nothing.  Put it in a vise a tried as much torque as I felt comfortable and still nothing.  Just coated it with penetrating oil and will let it sit til tomorrow.  I was hoping this was going to be easy...sigh.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 11:23:12 PM EDT
[#5]
You have a castle nut wrench?
Link Posted: 11/12/2014 11:18:39 PM EDT
[#6]
OP, did you ever resolve?  I thought there would be a castle nut, but I gotta say it doesn't look that way in their picture:

FWIW, I've found CMMG's online tech support to be fantastic, so if you haven't already resolved this, give them a shout.

Link Posted: 11/13/2014 2:01:54 PM EDT
[#7]
No, never got it off.  I decided to just do a makeshift solution of wrapping several layers of electrical tape to place the brace where I want it.

Right now, I am focusing on getting it to function reliably.  It jams quite often.  Getting a Spike's 9mm buffer tomorrow and then checking extractor.  
Link Posted: 11/13/2014 2:30:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
No, never got it off.  I decided to just do a makeshift solution of wrapping several layers of electrical tape to place the brace where I want it.

Right now, I am focusing on getting it to function reliably.  It jams quite often.  Getting a Spike's 9mm buffer tomorrow and then checking extractor.  
View Quote

Wow, that's unfortunate - you had me thinking I should have bought a full-up CMMG PDW pistol but if it doesn't run right out of the box there's not much attraction.  Definitely drop an email to [email protected] - I corresponded with Nathen but there may well be several people behind that mailbox.  Nathen was awesome though, so see if he/they can help - IMO a full factory gun should run 100% OOB!!!!  I'm sure they can tell you how to get the buffer tube off, though if I were them I'd ask you to ship the whole shebang back so they could make it right in house... but I'm not them.

Good luck and keep us posted!
Richard
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top