Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/18/2014 10:49:09 PM EDT
Bought this from a member here. It had a wire holding the charging handle and spring together.

Well I took the wire off and launched the parts across the garage

Collected the parts, but this is a pain in the ass...anyone have any suggestions for this spring?

Thanks!

ETA-I didn't collect everything did I?

Link Posted: 10/19/2014 12:48:49 AM EDT
[#1]
Keep looking, you are missing a few parts.

Look at a cmmg for an idea about how it goes together.

Is this a dedicated 22 upper?

Seek help from Tim at Taccom if all else fails

Link Posted: 10/19/2014 9:34:35 AM EDT
[#2]
Where is the collar for the front? Pictures not the best but is your guide rod there.

Heres a CMMG link for assembly the bolt assembly. Have to be careful not to bend the rails.

All you have to do is put the guide spring over the guide rod. Put the guide rod pin in the hole at the rear. Put the spring in the bolt. Slide the bolt rearward holding it with one hand. Put the collar in at the front by rotating it in rather than bending the rails at all..

Heres a instruction summary of installing the collar. That is the only difficult part. Really very simple once you do it.
http://recipeseasy.net/cmmg-dedicated-22-collar-install--3TN8V3OyFQ.html
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 9:33:29 PM EDT
[#3]
You're missing the chamber collar or chamber adapter depending on what set up you have. Sounds like he sold you a partial bolt assembly which is why it was being held together with a wire and the charging handle.
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 9:55:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Make sure the collar isn't on the barrel.
It snaps on the end of the rail Be careful not to bend the rails when installing the collar. Gently spread the rails apart, put one side of the collar in and roll the other side onto the other rail, snapping it in.
You have to put the spring/rod inside the guide tube on the bolt--bolt face forward--and put the rod in the hole in the backer piece on the rail. Hold in place while snapping the collar on.

Dave N
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 10:00:55 PM EDT
[#5]
If I recall, there were a couple early uppers made that the rail did not snap onto the collar. The rail/bolt/spring assembly slipped into place and the upper was closed, holding the bcg in place.

Dave N
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 10:08:55 PM EDT
[#6]
There is no hooks on the the end of the rail to hold the collar.
collar on the barrel. Chiappa like.
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 10:15:13 PM EDT
[#7]
This looks like an early Rick Kuhel upper or an upper sold by Velocity.  In this design the feed ramp is integral with the barrel.  The front retaining notches have been removed that hold the chamber insert or collar.  Your missing the recoil spring guide rod which is not hard to replace.  The worst part of this design is the bolt and spring are not captive.  You have to be more careful while disassembling and reassembly.   I found it works best to push both take down pins and gently sliding the upper forward enough to catch the bolt/spring assembly.  I think a guide rod can be bought from CMMG or TACCOM as the bolts were Ciener/Atchisson pattern.  You might as well buy a new recoil spring and I'd probably order a new TACCOM extractor firing pin parts kit.  Ciener firing pins and extractors are not near the quality as current TAACOM or CMMG.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 12:22:50 AM EDT
[#8]
Well I found the guide rod after cleaning the garage. This is going to be a dedicated upper on a DPMS lower. It has no markings and is polymer.

Thanks for all the info guys. I was able to shoot 15 or so rounds before my first FTE.

I am going to take it out again next Sat after I put some glass on it and replace the recoil spring.

I will look into replacing more parts if I have more issues.
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top