AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 11/4/2014 11:29:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

You send a money order in and wait...

I gave up after a few weeks of poor communication and a missed delivery. Did I throw in the towel early and be impatient? I won't deny it. But I just didn't get a good vibe from the whole experience. After doing some research my experience was not too rare either.

I got a refund, purchased an Adco barrel and haven't looked back. I've got a can in jail so I have some time to decide on a direct thread or a HK 3 lug adapter.

All this makes me want to go into the 3 lug 9mm AR barrel business. TROS has a lock on it and they are a terribly run business.

As always YMMV.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
How do you order from/contact him?

You send a money order in and wait...

I gave up after a few weeks of poor communication and a missed delivery. Did I throw in the towel early and be impatient? I won't deny it. But I just didn't get a good vibe from the whole experience. After doing some research my experience was not too rare either.

I got a refund, purchased an Adco barrel and haven't looked back. I've got a can in jail so I have some time to decide on a direct thread or a HK 3 lug adapter.

All this makes me want to go into the 3 lug 9mm AR barrel business. TROS has a lock on it and they are a terribly run business.

As always YMMV.

That is what I dont understand. Maybe the 3 lug is losing popularity.
Link Posted: 11/7/2014 5:48:03 AM EDT
[#2]
I contacted Mark this week and was told the next run is in 5-6 weeks.  Money order was sent it.  I am in no rush as I still need to gather the other parts for my build.
Link Posted: 11/7/2014 10:03:10 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

As always YMMV.
View Quote

Unfortunately this type of thing is all too common in the NFA industry.  Have an HK that needs service?  Send it to one of the well known HK smiths and be prepared to wait a year or more to get it back.  I dunno if it's changed, but the Lage uppers were an 11+ month wait.  Let's not even mention the 10 year Shrike fiasco.

-bob
Link Posted: 11/7/2014 10:45:54 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I contacted Mark this week and was told the next run is in 5-6 weeks.  Money order was sent it.  I am in no rush as I still need to gather the other parts for my build.
View Quote

That's funny...he told me the next run was in 5-6 weeks...3 weeks ago.  And that was after having been told to send my payment in 6 weeks previously when he told me the next run was in 2-3 weeks.  He's had my money for almost 10 weeks.  I've only emailed him once, thinking "I don't want to be a pain in the ass"....I might reconsider....
Cheers623
Link Posted: 11/7/2014 11:00:06 AM EDT
[#5]
I too was told 5-6 weeks when I mailed in payment this week. If product quality was iffy then I would be hesitant but all the reviews of his 3lug barrels are great and people love them and the one I have shot with had no issues. So I am excited.
Link Posted: 11/7/2014 11:29:48 AM EDT
[#6]
Hope its true...but my buddy was quoted "5-6 weeks" a bunch of times when he placed an order earlier in the year.  From hearing his experience, he said that he sent in the check/money order, but the delivery date just kept sliding to the right..about 3 or 4 times.  He finally ended up cancelling and bought an ADCO barrel and will use a 3-Lug adapter.  I was thinking about getting a 2nd 3-lug barrel for another build...but I think I'm going to go the thread-on route since it give me the option of 3-lug or not.  I have an older thread-on cap for my multimount and it makes the over all length of the suppressor a few inches shorter...so I'm gong try that config and if I dont like it I can use an barrel adapter to go 3-lug.

So if you really want the TROS barrel...you need to be extremely patient and don't be discouraged or surprised if the delivery time slips.
Link Posted: 12/4/2014 6:56:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Anyone put in an order recently and gotten and ETA on the 9mm 3 lug barrels from Tros? When I ordered mine 4 weeks ago he told me 5-6 week ETA.
Link Posted: 12/27/2014 9:13:00 PM EDT
[#8]
On November 3rd I was told via e-mail his next run would be in 5-6 weeks, obviously his standard BS line.
On December 23rd, (7 weeks)  I sent him an e-mail asking if there was a revised production/ship date, No response.  

On October 23rd I sent an e-mail to QuarterCircle10 asking him to consider building 3 lug barrels with the given situation, no response.

The only other company I can think of that could wip out some really nice barrels, hammer forged barrels at that, would be RCM (Rim Country Mfg.)  Mike has plenty experience with 3 lug HK barrels.
Link Posted: 12/27/2014 10:48:28 PM EDT
[#9]
I am waiting for my 2nd barrel ..should have bought 2 last summer...
Link Posted: 12/28/2014 12:15:43 PM EDT
[#10]
I was told 5 weeks on Nov 3rd as well.  Hopefully they come out soon.  I think QuarterCircle10 should get in on the 3 lug barrels.  I am sure that they would do well selling them.
Link Posted: 1/10/2015 9:20:02 PM EDT
[#11]
Anyone gotten an ETA recently? Do they send tracking numbers when they ship?
Link Posted: 1/11/2015 2:25:20 AM EDT
[#12]
I sent an email Thursday asking about a shipping date but have not received a reply
Link Posted: 1/11/2015 9:37:46 AM EDT
[#13]
Still patiently waiting.
Link Posted: 1/11/2015 12:50:51 PM EDT
[#14]
Sent an email 2 weeks ago for an order placed in September...no reply as of today.  It's funny, when I sent an email wanting to purchase one he replied the next day with instructions on where to send the check.  Since then...radio silence.  And yeah, he cashed the check...
Cheers623
DVC
Link Posted: 1/11/2015 10:53:24 PM EDT
[#15]
There needs to be another company that will step up and make these.  I also have emailed QuarterCircle10 asking if they would and didn't get a response.  It can't be that hard and I think they would sell.  Still waiting for mine to come.
Link Posted: 1/11/2015 11:14:52 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Sent an email 2 weeks ago for an order placed in September...no reply as of today.  It's funny, when I sent an email wanting to purchase one he replied the next day with instructions on where to send the check.  Since then...radio silence.  And yeah, he cashed the check...
Cheers623
DVC
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Cheers623
DVC

That's par for the course. Prompt replies before taking my order then silence. I didn't appreciate it and canceled.

Quoted:
There needs to be another company that will step up and make these.  I also have emailed QuarterCircle10 asking if they would and didn't get a response.  It can't be that hard and I think they would sell.  Still waiting for mine to come.

Agreed. There's a market for them and anybody with half a brain of business sense could really change this game.
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 7:19:42 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Cheers623
DVC
View Quote

Did you ever get response on ETA?
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 1:58:39 AM EDT
[#18]
Not a peep from this guy.  Ordered and paid for this barrel in September...
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 11:06:10 AM EDT
[#19]
I was told they are "in process" and an ETA was upcoming in a few weeks. I can wait , the barrels are worth the wait. If you want silence from an international company, with a whole staff of customer support employes, try emailing Walther.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 10:49:19 PM EDT
[#20]
I emailed Mark about getting a refund for my barrel (since I am going to SBR a Scorpion) and he responded very fast and mailed a check out the next day.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 8:28:54 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I was told they are "in process" and an ETA was upcoming in a few weeks. I can wait , the barrels are worth the wait. If you want silence from an international company, with a whole staff of customer support employes, try emailing Walther.
View Quote

Thanks. When did you hear that?
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 6:49:25 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

last week
Link Posted: 2/12/2015 9:25:03 PM EDT
[#23]
Anyone hear anything lately?  It is sad when barrels are taking longer to be made than tax stamps to be approved.
Link Posted: 2/13/2015 10:19:16 AM EDT
[#24]
Not since January when they were in process but no ETA yet. Hope to see them ship by end of march.
Link Posted: 2/14/2015 11:09:03 PM EDT
[#25]
I have emailed him a hand full of times and he usually responds in a few day. As of mid last week he told me he is in production ad should get mine by the end of the month. I placed my order mid December. Honestly I believe it has a lot to do with the order size. If he can't get enough interest he probably slides it to the right as we are seeing so he can keep the prices down for use and maximize his profit at the same time. If that is indeed the case it would be nice if he just told people that and people would be more understanding. Hell i am 4 months in on a custom Ti-rant 45 mount for my uzi and I have not received my prototype yet, but I understand that this mount has to be made on a specific machine because of the retaining ratchets and how slow Ti has to be machined and taking it down from production for a one off part or a very short production run is tough to schedule.
Link Posted: 2/15/2015 12:45:55 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I have emailed him a hand full of times and he usually responds in a few day. As of mid last week he told me he is in production ad should get mine by the end of the month. I placed my order mid December. Honestly I believe it has a lot to do with the order size. If he can't get enough interest he probably slides it to the right as we are seeing so he can keep the prices down for use and maximize his profit at the same time. If that is indeed the case it would be nice if he just told people that and people would be more understanding. Hell i am 4 months in on a custom Ti-rant 45 mount for my uzi and I have not received my prototype yet, but I understand that this mount has to be made on a specific machine because of the retaining ratchets and how slow Ti has to be machined and taking it down from production for a one off part or a very short production run is tough to schedule.
View Quote

Thanks for the info.  I have tried emailing him and have heard nothing.  I have been waiting since September.  The end of the month would be awesome.
Link Posted: 2/15/2015 2:02:36 PM EDT
[#27]
So what is the downside to using a 3-;ug adapter on a standard threaded barrel??
Link Posted: 2/17/2015 12:09:35 PM EDT
[#28]
Still waiting on the one I ordered in September.  No reply to emails I've sent either....
Cheers623
DVC
Link Posted: 2/18/2015 1:51:29 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
So what is the downside to using a 3-;ug adapter on a standard threaded barrel??
View Quote

Going that route with tack on about 100 dollars and you have to worry about it getting loose unless you permanently attach it. With a can a mount comming loose can be disastrous.

Link Posted: 2/18/2015 9:27:33 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Going that route with tack on about 100 dollars and you have to worry about it getting loose unless you permanently attach it. With a can a mount comming loose can be disastrous.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I was just curious because the majority of all mounts simply thread on and you don't here about them causing many problems. I just figured you could rocksett it on and call it a day. Several people have the adapters for 50$ and the threaded barrels seem to be cheaper when they come up time to time.
Link Posted: 2/18/2015 12:36:10 PM EDT
[#31]
I ordered 3lug tros barrel because I didn't want to worry about an adapter coming loose and tre price was within a few dollars of ADCOs threaded 9mm short barrels. Also with a rail extending way past the end of the barrel it would require removing the handguard (not always an issue) to make sure the adapter is still good.
Link Posted: 2/18/2015 7:15:12 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

I was just curious because the majority of all mounts simply thread on and you don't here about them causing many problems. I just figured you could rocksett it on and call it a day. Several people have the adapters for 50$ and the threaded barrels seem to be cheaper when they come up time to time.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I ordered the Tros for the reason above, plus I'd like to keep it as short as possible.
Link Posted: 2/18/2015 7:27:55 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

I ordered the Tros for the reason above, plus I'd like to keep it as short as possible.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I didn't even think about it being a tad longer.
Link Posted: 2/18/2015 9:46:06 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

For the build below, the small additional length of the adapter actually worked out.  I purchased a Green Mountain Spikes Tactical Barrel, 5" and a 3-Lug adapter as shown below.  Planning to Rocksett the adapter...I have yet to have a suppressor mount that is Rocksett in place work loose.

Link Posted: 2/18/2015 10:04:23 PM EDT
[#35]
Yeah after all the horror stories about trying to get rocksetted items off I feel pretty confident about it. My stamp should be coming back soon so I will need a barrel. While I am patient I am not a big fan of the silent treatment when shopping vendors.
Link Posted: 2/20/2015 10:13:09 AM EDT
[#36]
Curious about the dimensions of the 3 lug.
http://www.thesilencerstore.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=54

I have two of these. One in .5x28 and one 5/8x24.

This is the mount I use on a mystic and a T.M. QMF.
http://www.silencershop.com/shop/swr-3-lug-mount-for-octane-9/

When mounted, I can wiggle the can side to side.
I estimate about an 1/8".

I would love to see the specs on what the lugs should measure.
I've not had any problems but don't feel good about the wiggle.
I expected it to be rock solid.

If the TROS bbl lugs lock up tight with the mount I may buy one.

Basically, if nothing is touching the can, then I think it's aligned due to the spring tension of the mount. However, the day will come when I need to shoot
A 2 gun match thru a barricade and the can may touch it.
That could be bad juju.

Can anyone comment on how the TROS lugs lock up to the gemtech mount?
Link Posted: 2/20/2015 10:59:33 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Basically, if nothing is touching the can, then I think it's aligned due to the spring tension of the mount. However, the day will come when I need to shoot
That could be bad juju.

View Quote

I have a Spikes 3-Lug barrel and also a MP5 Clone.  The Gemtech 3-Lug/Multimount both have a "wiggle" when installed...but I'm thinking its less than 1/8".
Link Posted: 2/22/2015 11:14:39 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

I have a Spikes 3-Lug barrel and also a MP5 Clone.  The Gemtech 3-Lug/Multimount both have a "wiggle" when installed...but I'm thinking its less than 1/8".
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That could be bad juju.

you don't worry about it?
is it enough to see baffles if the can is pushed to one side?
Link Posted: 2/22/2015 11:41:46 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That could be bad juju.

Nope...no issues with the multimount.  Wiggle is very minimal a mm if that....less wiggle if your mount has a tight spring.  Spring on my multimount 3-lug is not as tight as the Octane and Tirant 3-lug.
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 2:14:10 PM EDT
[#40]
4+ months now and counting....

I just sent an e-mail to Mark requesting a delivery update.  I'm not expecting a response but I sent it off anyway.  

I'll certainly let you know if I do get a response.
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 2:31:40 PM EDT
[#41]
UPDATE:
I just received the following response:

Yes, I'm sorry for the delay but things have been pretty hectic.  They are in process now.  Should go to black oxide late next week, then to engraving to be shipping late the following week.  Thanks for your patience.
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 2:58:18 PM EDT
[#42]
Good to hear.
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 12:18:29 PM EDT
[#43]
Received this "update" February 18th:
In process now.  I had to double the size of the run.  I'm hoping to have them done this month but may trickle over into the first week of March.
I've been waiting for 7 months now....
Cheers623
DVC
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 2:06:54 PM EDT
[#44]
no way in hell I would wait 7 months or more for any barrel. That's just me
Bad thing is I guess is you just don't know what his wait is going to be once you order.
The no communication is another no for me
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 2:08:19 PM EDT
[#45]
Hell maybe get a adapter and have it pinned to a barrel like flash hiders are done, that way you don't have to worry about it coming loose.
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 2:44:38 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Hell maybe get a adapter and have it pinned to a barrel like flash hiders are done, that way you don't have to worry about it coming loose.
View Quote

That would work of course but it gets spendy that way.

Adco Barrel 170+50 adapter+30 to pin it= 250 plus shipping. Tros unobtanium barrel is 180 plus shipping. However I think that may be the route I go because I just got my stamp back and dont feel like waiting till 2016.
Link Posted: 3/12/2015 3:58:35 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
UPDATE:

Yes, I'm sorry for the delay but things have been pretty hectic.  They are in process now.  Should go to black oxide late next week, then to engraving to be shipping late the following week.  Thanks for your patience.
View Quote

Thanks for sharing. Hopefully means they are going into  black oxide now so maybe shipping end of next week or the following. Last piece missing for a few months now.
Link Posted: 3/22/2015 7:04:28 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Thanks for sharing. Hopefully means they are going into  black oxide now so maybe shipping end of next week or the following. Last piece missing for a few months now.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
UPDATE:

I sent an email inquiring about his barrel.

This is his reply:

Currently good in stock at $188.00 shipped,  Payment by check/MO, made out to me, to the PO box below.

Mark McWillis
www.trosusa.com
PO Box 680
Clackamas, OR  97015-0680
Link Posted: 3/23/2015 9:04:48 AM EDT
[#49]
Based on above post, has anyone gotten a shipping notification yet?
Link Posted: 3/23/2015 12:53:02 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Based on above post, has anyone gotten a shipping notification yet?
View Quote

My wife just called telling me a package from him arrived today,  so yku guys should be getting them soon.
Page / 3
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top