Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/13/2014 7:36:06 PM EDT
This is a 9mm rifle that I just finished putting together.

Target at about 70 yards... actually 70 good-sized paces as stepped off by me.  These targets are Shoot-n-See.  The target disk is approximately 7.75 inches across.  You can see all of the shots that were taped-up as I was sighting it in.  The first target is with Sellier & Bellot 115 grain Round Nose FMJ.

The second target is with 124 grain Speer Gold Dot.  The taped over shots are the same as in the first pic.  I just stuck a new Shoot-n-See over the first one.

Here are the parts so far.  There are a couple of changes I will make.  Most notably, I want a less angled "pistol grip".  I am also going to do a camo scheme with DuraCoat.

Lower Receiver – Spike’s Tactical “Spider” Logo
Trigger Guard – Laser Engraved with “Infidel”
Lower Parts Kit – TR Enabling “Obsidian”
Trigger/Hammer Pins – SlideFire Threaded Anti-Walk
Buffer Tube/Spring – Generic Rifle/Carbine MILSPEC
Buffer – Spike’s Tactical ST-9X
Butt – Magpul STR Carbine Stock
9mm Magwell Block – Hahn Precision Dedicated
Upper Receiver – VLTOR MUR-1, no forward assist
Charging Handle – BCM Gunfighter Mod 4
Bolt – CMMG Ramped
Barrel – 16.5” YHM 90-T 1:16 Twist
Flash Hider – Smith Enterprise Vortex
Handguard – BCM KMR 13”
Forward Grip – Magpul AFG
M-LOK Rail Sections - Magpul
Forward Sling Mount – Magpul QD RSA
Front and Rear Iron Sights – Magpul Pro
Red Dot – Primary Arms PACRS

Link Posted: 9/13/2014 9:34:04 PM EDT
[#1]
How are you running M-LOK rail covers on a Keymod rail? I did not think they were interchangeable.
Link Posted: 9/14/2014 10:54:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Does the vortex "ping" like it does on a 223/556???
Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/14/2014 10:57:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Nice.

I built a 9 a few years ago.  Sweet lil' gun
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 6:28:38 PM EDT
[#4]
I stand corrected, Sir!  I compiled the list of parts from invoices.  I did, in fact, order a Magpul rail section during the construction of this rifle, but it was not part of this build.  The two rail sections I am using were included with the BCM KRM Handguard.

Nice catch!  :-)
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 6:48:16 PM EDT
[#5]
I don't own a 5.56 or 7.65 so I can't say how the "ping" compares.  But I have heard an occasional ping while shooting this rifle.  If I hadn't heard of the "ping" while reading forums and watching YouTube, I would have never even noticed it.  The Vortex that I have has kind of a threaded texture on the outside.  I think I remember seeing that there was some kind of suppressor (that I am totally not interested in) that will fit on that model of Vortex.  I don't know if the texture dampens the ping.  If I do it just right, I can, however, get a ping when I thump my Vortex pretty hard with my finger.

Having said all of that, the Vortex was simply what I chose as a muzzle device based primarily on aesthetics.  I wanted something a little different, but not obtrusive.
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 10:21:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for the reply.
Is there a need for flash hiding on a 10.5" barrel? Anyone have first hand experience using their 9mm in the dark?
I will probably go with the vortex (if I can find one) just cause it looks cool. Is there anything more practical or better looking?
Thanks!
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top