Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/17/2014 3:40:50 PM EDT
After this year there will be no easy way to get a pistol lower, unless machined from an 80 percent receiver in California.  So I really want to take care of my lower.  Would a properly configured 9mm AR15 with high quality parts, KNS pins, ramped bolt, slash buffer, etc, run fine without damaging the receiver in any way?  I've heard the 9mm blow-back operation is very hard on the gun.

Link Posted: 8/17/2014 4:01:12 PM EDT
[#1]
The only part that gets more abuse in a 9mm gun is the hammer pin. I'd recommend just using a Geiselle trigger which comes with harder than normal pins to alleviate the problem.  KNS pins are thicker than normal pins as well, which is why they are commonly used on 9mm builds.

Colt has been making 9mm carbines for a long time now, the 9mm design is pretty proven. I've never heard of a lower on one breaking.
Link Posted: 8/17/2014 4:58:27 PM EDT
[#2]
I have 15K rounds through mine and no problems so far.
Link Posted: 8/17/2014 5:12:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Set a 9mm up with the correct buffer and spring and you'll have no issues.......
Link Posted: 8/17/2014 5:41:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Ramped bolt mostly eliminates the additional stress on the hammer pin.
Link Posted: 8/17/2014 8:08:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks, everyone.  I feel pretty confident about my build now, off to building
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top