Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/21/2014 5:12:22 PM EDT
TACCOM is out of their stripped 22RF Upper. I am highly considering the CMMG Mk4, 2LR/Mk9. Is there anything else out there I should consider?

My upper build has the following:

1. Beyer 7.5" barrel
2. TACCOM BCG
3. CMMG collar
4. Silencerco Sparrow SS suppressor
5. MI 10.5 handguard
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 1:36:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Have two  CMMG uppers with stainless Bolts. Both are 100% dependable and trouble free. One does have a Taccom ULW barrel on it, the other the standard CMMG barrel. Like the Taccom barrel alot.

Though I have no Taccom stuff other than their barrel,pressure plug and firing pin, I prefer the stainless bolts from CMMG. Just prefer the stainless over a coated bolt assembly.

I think you would be happy with the CMMG.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 1:52:15 PM EDT
[#2]
I went with a Chiappa upper assembly @ ~$200 just to get both a barrel and bolt for future suppressed use.  It runs flawlessly, but I did do some polishing and clean up on the bolt before first shooting it.  I plan on replacing the upper with a regular stripped one (no forward assist) for a lot less than a specialized stripped upper...
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 2:27:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
TACCOM is out of their stripped 22RF Upper. I am highly considering the CMMG Mk4, 2LR/Mk9. Is there anything else out there I should consider?

1. Beyer 7.5" barrel
2. TACCOM BCG
3. CMMG collar
5. MI 10.5 handguard
View Quote

Your upper is very similar to mine, with the exception that I have the 4.5" beyer barrel and the CMMG stainless bolt with collar. With my setup, I've never had a problem out of it
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 4:19:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 4:44:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Your upper is very similar to mine, with the exception that I have the 4.5" beyer barrel and the CMMG stainless bolt with collar. With my setup, I've never had a problem out of it
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

1. Beyer 7.5" barrel
2. TACCOM BCG
3. CMMG collar
5. MI 10.5 handguard

I'm just hoping the TACCOM BCG is good to go. They look very similar. I went with the TACCOM because of the enhancements.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 4:55:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Aero Precision, assembled with no FA, $95.

ETA: Looks cool. I don't have one, but I like their other uppers I have.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 5:13:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Anderson Manufacturing lightweight sport upper - no FA or ejection port cover-  $60
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 5:31:24 PM EDT
[#8]
Will uppers with the ejection port dust cover function normally? Will the dust cover pop open when the bolt cycles?
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 5:24:43 AM EDT
[#9]
My DC operates normally on the 22LR upper...
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 7:31:34 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Anderson Manufacturing lightweight sport upper - no FA or ejection port cover-  $60
View Quote

Link to the Anderson upper for $39 at AIM surplus.

-bob
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 5:54:32 PM EDT
[#11]
I didn't like the CMMG upper as it is just a standard AR15 upper with a plastic deflector installed on the ejection port.  I went with a Sun Devil slicksided upper with no FA or useless brass deflector, but you can install the shorter ejection port door and deflector.

Link Posted: 7/27/2014 10:08:08 AM EDT
[#12]
Aero Precision has uppers w/o forward assist. I bought a couple for 22 builds.
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 5:52:01 PM EDT
[#13]
If not using a Taccom upper, I just use a mil spec upper.
I like using the forged mil spec because I never know when that .22 might turn into another caliber.
I like options

Dave N
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 4:22:17 AM EDT
[#14]
I used an Aero Precision w/o FA.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 4:55:29 AM EDT
[#15]
AIM has the Anderson lightweight stripped uppers on sale for $40 right now.  Mine gets here tomorrow.

Link Posted: 7/30/2014 12:57:43 AM EDT
[#16]
Just my opinion, but I would get just a standard Cerro Forged stripped upper. That's what I run on my 4.5" .22.

Just the ease of finding them, low price, and you can use that upper for any caliber if you want to switch later. Just me tho haha. Plus if you really wanted to, you could have a forward assist adapter.

ETA:

Quoted:
I like using the forged mil spec because I never know when that .22 might turn into another caliber.
I like options
View Quote

Just read your post. Looks like we said the same thing hehe.
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 7:28:02 PM EDT
[#17]
Smoking deal for that AIM Anderson upper. I haven't assembled, but they look fine (the 2 I got).
Link Posted: 8/11/2014 4:48:40 PM EDT
[#18]
Personally, I wouldn't be able to handle the big void behind the bcg using that Anderson upper.  I suppose it's not too bad if you're using a collar?

I like a milspec upper with the CMMG ejection port cover.  Slick side does look nice though.

Link Posted: 8/11/2014 5:43:39 PM EDT
[#19]
I used Aero Precision uppers without FA.
Link Posted: 8/12/2014 4:31:58 AM EDT
[#20]
Just a further note. We removed the CMMG short door and deflector right away when we received them. Have no problems running without the deflector.

As said, I would just buy the lowest priced standard upper receiver you can find. I would have bought one of the aim ones just to have around, but looks like they are gone now.
Link Posted: 8/12/2014 5:43:32 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Just a further note. We removed the CMMG short door and deflector right away when we received them. Have no problems running without the deflector.

As said, I would just buy the lowest priced standard upper receiver you can find. I would have bought one of the aim ones just to have around, but looks like they are gone now.
View Quote

What does the CMMG short door and deflector do exactly? Is that specifically for .22LR?
Link Posted: 8/13/2014 8:16:49 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
What does the CMMG short door and deflector do exactly? Is that specifically for .22LR?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

It keeps brass from hitting you in the face if you are a lefty and your setup ejects at the 5:30 position. Ask me, I know. It also, keeps the area behind the bolt sealed off a little better.

It is not specifically for the .22LR. It also works great on 9mm uppers.

Link Posted: 8/13/2014 9:01:47 AM EDT
[#23]
ATI 22 upper
*i think there about $140*
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top