Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/20/2014 6:02:52 PM EDT
Anyone built one of these?
Link Posted: 7/20/2014 6:12:06 PM EDT
[#1]
A few...........hundred.....
I'm in Macon, give me a shout and come by the shop or come the the HTF forum shoot in Oct here in Middle Ga and you can test drive one.
I personally own around 7 at last count.....
Shoot me an email at [email protected] if I can help in any way.
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 6:06:47 AM EDT
[#2]
They work but be prepared to play with the mags. Had one in the shop the other day. Customer could not get it to feed more than a few rounds. After prying on the feed lips with a pair of pliers I had the round up high enough to feed. There has got to be a better way
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 12:18:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Must be the difference in our feed ramp design...I don't seem to have the difficulty you are having with them since we started cutting the ramps on the Haas..........
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 1:00:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Must be the difference in our feed ramp design...I don't seem to have the difficulty you are having with them since we started cutting the ramps on the Haas..........
View Quote

The pic a saw of your brl extension does seem to indicate almost all of the center lug is gone. its an easy mod to duplicate for the CNC lowers
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 1:04:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Anyone built one of these?
View Quote

I have a CNC lower and an Olympic upper. I've had it for several years and no problems.
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 5:03:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Have you tried the keepshooting.com grease gun magazines?
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 5:10:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Those are the ones that I was refering to.....over all great mags....but inconsistent on the feed lips from batch to batch..........last group of 15 I ordered I had to open the feed lips at the rear of the mag.......local customer bought 15 a few weeks later to go with three uppers I built for him and I had to close up the lips in the front......not really all that big a deal or difficult.....nature of the beast I guess........
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 5:11:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Have you tried the keepshooting.com grease gun magazines?
View Quote

I haven't. All I have are surplus M3 GG mags.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 7:00:01 AM EDT
[#9]
I have one of the first ever made with around 5000 rounds through it with no issues. I have had fitment issue with the Keepshooting mags. Nothing that wasn't fixed with a little mag tweeking. Runs 100% with USGI mags. I shoot a lot of .45 Super through mine as well with no issues and mine is still blow back. Rudy will change that in the near future.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 7:09:42 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I have one of the first ever made with around 5000 rounds through it with no issues. I have had fitment issue with the Keepshooting mags. Nothing that wasn't fixed with a little mag tweeking. Runs 100% with USGI mags. I shoot a lot of .45 Super through mine as well with no issues and mine is still blow back. Rudy will change that in the near future.
View Quote

Count on it.......
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 11:58:11 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Count on it.......
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Count on it.......

buy with confidence...  i have one of rudy's uppers on a CNC lower (M3 mags) and it runs like a top.
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 12:34:04 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

buy with confidence...  i have one of rudy's uppers on a CNC lower (M3 mags) and it runs like a top.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Count on it.......

Me too.  And Rudy is one of those guys who will make you feel like you're his one and only customer.  Great dude to deal with.
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 5:34:00 PM EDT
[#13]
Rudy just sent ya an IM :)
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 2:18:47 PM EDT
[#14]
Rudy and I have been talking on and off for 10 years now. Gonna be nice to put my project and his together.
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 1:16:13 PM EDT
[#15]
I've got nothing but good things to say about both the AR45 lowers AND about Macon Armory.

Link Posted: 7/31/2014 3:37:37 PM EDT
[#16]
If lived in a free state, I would have bought a dedicated 45 lower. But, I'm stuck in this evil place called Connecticut. So, I got an upper from Rudy. It's great.
Link Posted: 8/7/2014 1:22:42 PM EDT
[#17]
Thanks for the kind words guys.......mentalstampede.....hope to see you at the creek in October....make sure you introduce yourself if you make it...I should be in the main pavilion on a center island. We hope to have a stack of uppers with us and maybe a few other toys........
jeffopt44........gonna post up a video of it shootin with the Tirant 45 on a 5/8 x 24 muzzle thread? . you should have the new fixed piston adaptor today or tomorrow at the latest.........
Link Posted: 8/7/2014 2:24:21 PM EDT
[#18]
Mad Machinist, might have to get with you on what parts i need for a build id like to plan for. SBR upper with can would be sweet!
Link Posted: 8/7/2014 3:21:35 PM EDT
[#19]
Shoot me an email at [email protected] .......be happy to go over all the options getting ready to start another run of barrels tomorrow.....will be running 16's 11's and 8's ............ will take a few days to run them all...after that, with bolts , gas blocks and barrels on the shelf....complete uppers in the standard configuration usually run less than a week turn around. Special configuations take a little longer if we have to fabricate a forearm or wait on a special order part.
Link Posted: 8/7/2014 4:47:32 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Thanks for the kind words guys.......mentalstampede.....hope to see you at the creek in October....make sure you introduce yourself if you make it...I should be in the main pavilion on a center island. We hope to have a stack of uppers with us and maybe a few other toys........
jeffopt44........gonna post up a video of it shootin with the Tirant 45 on a 5/8 x 24 muzzle thread? . you should have the new fixed piston adaptor today or tomorrow at the latest.........
View Quote

You mean I'll have to go shoot. Ok, I guess so. . Can't wait to get that new piston. I'll make a quick video for ya!
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 6:44:47 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

Hopefully I'll make it out this fall; anymore it seems like I end up working most every weekend though.   I'll hunt you up it I make it.
Link Posted: 8/13/2014 2:55:54 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

You mean I'll have to go shoot. Ok, I guess so. . Can't wait to get that new piston. I'll make a quick video for ya!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Here's a quick video. Need to bring my camera man next trip, he was in daycare! I'll make another video, next time I hit the range.
http://youtu.be/CBK-c0ITGv4
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top