Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/13/2014 10:15:21 AM EDT
Anyone have any experience with the Plinker Tactical uppers they introduced earlier this year. I hear good things about their magazines, but can't find anything about the new uppers. They seem to be priced between the Chiappa and the CMMG. Ideas?
Link Posted: 8/9/2014 5:54:39 PM EDT
[#1]
BTT, anybody using one of these?  Seems to be a quality product from a good company, but how about reliability?
Link Posted: 8/10/2014 7:21:23 AM EDT
[#2]
I've not read any actual users post on the Plinker Tactical but generally you get what you pay for in regards to quality.     The Chiappa's and the Mossberg 22 LR which is made to appear similar to the AR-15 seem to get the most negative reports.   Most people on this forum would first recommend, CMMG, TACCOM, Tactical Solutions or DPMS/JP Enterprise.
Link Posted: 8/10/2014 5:13:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks, I appreciate the response and agree with what you said. The Plinker Arms products are fairly new, but I thought there would be some reports on them. I can only find a couple of reports with mixed results.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 9:31:05 PM EDT
[#4]
I spent some time at the last SHOT show looking over their rifles; quality appeared to be top notch. They were very well built and finished nicely.  I haven't shot one or seen one outside of SHOT.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 2:12:11 AM EDT
[#5]
I have one, just hanv't had time to shoot it yet  Hopefully this weekend
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 4:14:51 AM EDT
[#6]
I have a 12" barreled Plinker upper and have nothing bad to say about the upper.
Now the magazine that came with it is another story.
Being in NYS I can only have 10 rd. mags, so what I got was a blocked full length mag
that doesn't feed to good. Follower hangs up but the damn floor plate is epoxied on!!!!
I will say she runs great on 10 rd. BDM mags so I'm still happy with the buy.
Check GunBroker, paid $220 shipped for it.
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top