Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/6/2014 2:52:34 AM EDT
I think I want to put together my first SBR and would love a 10mm carbine with a ~10" barrel.

I would use an AR45 lower with grease gun mags (unless I could find something that takes Glock mags) but not sure where to start for the upper....
Link Posted: 7/6/2014 4:04:02 AM EDT
[#1]
Check Out Ron Williams, RMW Xtreme for everything you mentioned....
Here's a link to some further info: http://10mm-firearms.com/10mm-rifles/custom-10mm-ar15-uppers-from-rmw-extreme/
Dave in Florida
Link Posted: 7/6/2014 5:37:29 AM EDT
[#2]
You came to the right place. I have been building DI10mm's for over 4 years now. I have a GG mag lower & it feeds the 10mm perfectly.
The DDLES large frame glock lower is a thing of the past right now but they may be back sooner or later. The GG mag holds 35rnds of fun. Here is a DI10mm using one of my GG mag conversions to run in the std AR15 lower. DI10mm  I have been making these conversions as long as I have been making DI uppers. I need to get a 10mm video with my new lower
Link Posted: 7/7/2014 5:00:15 AM EDT
[#3]
Pictures? Prices? Specs?

Your website leaves a lot to be desired...
Link Posted: 7/7/2014 5:12:19 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Pictures? Prices? Specs?

Your website leaves a lot to be desired...
View Quote

email me with what you want.
[email protected]
Link Posted: 7/7/2014 6:21:19 AM EDT
[#5]
What is a GG Mag?
Link Posted: 7/7/2014 7:32:20 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
What is a GG Mag?
View Quote

M3-GreaseGun Magazine...

Ca_Longshot
Link Posted: 7/7/2014 9:32:29 AM EDT
[#7]
The DDLES lower is the way to go, if you can find them.  I've never bent a GG mag to feed 10mm but I bet its a lot less involved to fit a KRISS extension onto a G20 magazine.

http://i1118.photobucket.com/albums/k617/rockingsince1984/Mobile%20Uploads/IMAG0102.jpgShe's mocked up with a spare .300 blackout barrel (both are 8"); I had to work on getting the bolt and carrier narrowed to play nicely with the glock feed lips. 10mm barrel is profiled, threaded, chambered, and extension is installed, just monkeying with the gas port now.  I'll do a full write-up once she's rocking and rolling.

Link Posted: 7/7/2014 3:18:56 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
The DDLES lower is the way to go, if you can find them.  I've never bent a GG mag to feed 10mm but I bet its a lot less involved than fitting a KRISS extension onto a G20 magazine.

http://i1118.photobucket.com/albums/k617/rockingsince1984/Mobile%20Uploads/IMAG0102.jpgShe's mocked up with a spare .300 blackout barrel (both are 8"); I had to work on getting the bolt and carrier narrowed to play nicely with the glock feed lips. 10mm barrel is profiled, threaded, chambered, and extension is installed, just monkeying with the gas port now.  I'll do a full write-up once she's rocking and rolling.

View Quote

To be honest it takes about 5-10min to convert the GG mag to 10mm.
Link Posted: 7/7/2014 4:15:53 PM EDT
[#9]
Bigjames what hand guard is that?
Link Posted: 7/7/2014 7:13:07 PM EDT
[#10]
Its an aero precision COP C4 upper.

Link Posted: 7/17/2014 9:15:35 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
The DDLES lower is the way to go, if you can find them.  I've never bent a GG mag to feed 10mm but I bet its a lot less involved to fit a KRISS extension onto a G20 magazine.

View Quote

Is that a LWRC stock?  If not what is it?

Thanks,
Fred R.
Link Posted: 7/18/2014 3:43:17 AM EDT
[#12]
While I heartily recommend the AR45 for 45 builds, I'd have to suggest going with the Baz45 lower from Bruce at Bazooka brothers. Being able to set mag height is a great benefit with the Baz45 lower.
Link Posted: 7/18/2014 4:10:57 AM EDT
[#13]
Or this one RMWXTREME. Extremely nice fit and finish + a great price.
Link Posted: 7/18/2014 5:17:04 AM EDT
[#14]
A guy on Gunbroker has 4 as of this morning of the Glock large mag lowers.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=429973283
Link Posted: 7/18/2014 5:28:57 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
While I heartily recommend the AR45 for 45 builds, I'd have to suggest going with the Baz45 lower from Bruce at Bazooka brothers. Being able to set mag height is a great benefit with the Baz45 lower.
View Quote

To be honest it is a great benefit with any GG mag lower
Link Posted: 7/18/2014 5:29:18 AM EDT
[#16]
I've got a DI .45, but I'm considering building a DI 10mm as well, since I'm pretty well stocked on 10mm.

Rudy / Ron, can you use an unmodified 6.8 bolt for 10mm DI?  It looks like case dimensions would allow it, but it might be a little snug.

What do you have to do to a DI bolt to get it to clear Glock mags in one of those DDLES lowers?  Of course, I could always just rework a few of my GG mags and use my existing GG lower, but a functional last round bolt catch would be nice.  I'm going to experiment with a custom follower that might let me work it into my GG lower.
Link Posted: 7/18/2014 5:33:04 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I built my lower with a narrower steel stop plate in the top plane of the mag well that the mags can bottom against.
Shove a mag in, scribe the AR mag-catch location, mill a notch, done.
Of course, that means that I'm probably limited to my own notched GG mags.

If I build another, I've got a concept for an ambi (non-paddle) mag release that uses the factory GG mag rear notch.
Link Posted: 7/18/2014 5:37:47 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I've got a DI .45, but I'm considering building a DI 10mm as well, since I'm pretty well stocked on 10mm.

Rudy / Ron, can you use an unmodified 6.8 bolt for 10mm DI?  It looks like case dimensions would allow it, but it might be a little snug.

What do you have to do to a DI bolt to get it to clear Glock mags in one of those DDLES lowers?  Of course, I could always just rework a few of my GG mags and use my existing GG lower, but a functional last round bolt catch would be nice.  I'm going to experiment with a custom follower that might let me work it into my GG lower.
View Quote

You can use the bolt but the extractor will need to be opened up some. The rim on the 10mm is thicker than the 6.8.
nothing. The carrier will need to ne narrowed to pass through.
I understand many like the bolt hold open feature but with the GG mag setup the extra 15-20rnds make it a non issue. I find that droping mag, inserting mag & pulling CH is not much different than hitting the bolt release. IM me on 10mm
Link Posted: 7/18/2014 6:07:35 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

So if I bought one of these lowers, all I'd need is one of RMW's uppers in 10mm and I'd be in business?
Link Posted: 7/18/2014 6:31:22 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

So if I bought one of these lowers, all I'd need is one of RMW's uppers in 10mm and I'd be in business?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep.  He would probably need to know that it was going on a Glock mag lower to tweak the carrier.
Link Posted: 7/18/2014 12:32:24 PM EDT
[#21]
If you want to see an example of Ron's excellent work on a 10 mm platform, check my thread out.
.357 Sig-Super
Mine  is a necked down !0 mm to 9mm.... Ron's version of a .367 Sig Super round....
RMW( Ron) made up a barrel, bolt, mag, and mag adapter...
I adapted my own upper to work....
I haven't done any extensive testing on my loads yet due to family health issues!!!
I hope to get out to the range soon...

Ca_Longshot
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 6:13:02 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
If you want to see an example of Ron's excellent work on a 10 mm platform, check my thread out.
.357 Sig-Super
Mine  is a necked down !0 mm to 9mm.... Ron's version of a .367 Sig Super round....
RMW( Ron) made up a barrel, bolt, mag, and mag adapter...
I adapted my own upper to work....
I haven't done any extensive testing on my loads yet due to family health issues!!!
I hope to get out to the range soon...

Ca_Longshot
View Quote

Sorry to hear about the health issues. Been waiting to hear how everything is running.
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top