Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/1/2014 6:34:59 AM EDT
I'd like to make one of these.  I have a Noveske 9 inch NSR rail laying around and would like to work around that.  Plan on suppressing the  barrel, so I'm thinking a 9.5 inch barrel so that the barrel would extend enough for a screw on suppressor.

any recommendations on manufacturer of the barrel?  What sort of twist is standard?   Probably do some subsonics.
Link Posted: 7/1/2014 8:53:20 AM EDT
[#1]
Not sure if a 9" barrel will work for you, but Mark at TROS makes some nice stuff.  Im using his 3 lug 5" barrel and that thing shoots lights out.
Link Posted: 7/1/2014 9:25:37 AM EDT
[#2]
After looking around. I've reconsidered the noveske NSR.  I want something that will go over the octane 45.  Probably look at something else by KAC, seekins or ranier.  Something that fits close to the octane 1.35 inch OD.  

I'll look at that barrel.  I think 4.5 to 5 inch will fit the bill.
Link Posted: 7/1/2014 12:43:12 PM EDT
[#3]
You'll see most people post here that they got one from ADCO.
Link Posted: 7/1/2014 3:43:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Second on the ADCO.   Started with Yankee Hill 16" but had to do some throating work to get it feed reliably.  Could have just been my setup since a lot if folks have had good luck with Yankee Hill barrels.

When my SBR tax stamp came in, I ordered an ADCO 7" to run with my Octane 9 HD.  The ADCO has run great from the start with no problems at all.
Link Posted: 7/1/2014 3:53:32 PM EDT
[#5]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Not sure if a 9" barrel will work for you, but Mark at TROS makes some nice stuff.  Im using his 3 lug 5" barrel and that thing shoots lights out.
View Quote
Very much agree with this.

Link Posted: 7/1/2014 5:51:31 PM EDT
[#6]
I have an Adco 4.5" barrel threaded in 1/2x28 for my Octane 45.  Running a Spikes 9" BAR2 rail over the can to protect most of it.  The Adco barrel was priced right for me at $170, I need to sit down this weekend and see how well it is grouping.  Overall the barrel & can combo come out to about the same length as an 11" barrel which is perfect for its use as a HD gun and it's fun as hell to shoot at the range.

Link Posted: 8/27/2014 2:54:16 PM EDT
[#7]
This was an older post of mine.  I went with the adco 4.5.   Need to know what BCG to get.  I have a glock small frame lower I will build upon.  Which one of the ramped BCG work with the glock magazines, or do all ramped 9mm BCG?  Probably will do a timney drop in trigger

Which buffer and spring?
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 3:00:33 PM EDT
[#8]
Get the JP BCG as it already has the cuts for the Glock Mags.  Also get the JP silent Capture Spring for 9mm.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 3:00:41 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

This was an older post of mine.  I went with the adco 4.5.   Need to know what BCG to get.  I have a glock small frame lower I will build upon.  Which one of the ramped BCG work with the glock magazines, or do all ramped 9mm BCG?  Probably will do a timney drop in trigger

Which buffer and spring?
View Quote
I have a TROS 5" on order and I'll probably go with the CMMG BCG with HeavyBuffers.com buffer set up...

Link Posted: 8/27/2014 3:10:45 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Which buffer and spring?
View Quote

I use a Spikes ST-9X buffer and standard carbine spring.  Works perfect!

Also I have a CMMG ramped bolt that was cut by ADCO to work with Glock mags.  It seems a lot of people recommend the new JP bolt which may be a better choice since you wouldn't have to send it off to a company like ADCO to get modified.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 3:27:17 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Get the JP BCG as it already has the cuts for the Glock Mags.  Also get the JP silent Capture Spring for 9mm.
View Quote

On it.
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 7:36:41 AM EDT
[#12]
I'm running an ADCO 4.5" 9mm barrel with a Seekins 7.6" rail.  The Octane 9 fits under it nicely, and I can run a 5.5" flash hider when not running suppressed and still have it stick out beyond the handguard perfectly.
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 7:45:17 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I'm running an ADCO 4.5" 9mm barrel with a Seekins 7.6" rail.  The Octane 9 fits under it nicely, and I can run a 5.5" flash hider when not running suppressed and still have it stick out beyond the handguard perfectly.
View Quote

I ordered this guy

http://www.knightarmco.com/portfolio/urx-iv-8-5/?cate_cm=commercial&term=rails&features=urx-iv-8-5

simple.  Looks like the noveske keymod system.    Has built in barrel nut.   Seems the octane fits under this.  

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top