Link Posted: 7/16/2014 2:27:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
But the large frame to build a 10mm on would be sweet.
Here ya go: http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=429498300  

"We are not associated with Double Diamond or Jon Beaudry"  
Link Posted: 7/16/2014 6:48:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I'm almost tempted to buy another one just because.....

must... not...succumb...
View Quote

I bought another one a couple of months ago 'just because' and that damn thing sprouted into another cool little rifle instantly!!!  Just warning ya.
Link Posted: 7/16/2014 11:47:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Just broke down and bought one of the Colt pattern lowers.
Link Posted: 7/17/2014 9:46:59 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm pretty surprised that any of these are left.  I keep telling myself I don't need another one.
Link Posted: 7/17/2014 11:53:29 PM EDT
[#5]
i got 3 colt lowers and 2 bolts and uppers and 1 barrel and trying not to make another one lol not sure how long that will last
Link Posted: 7/18/2014 12:47:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Nevermind.....minding my own business.
Link Posted: 7/20/2014 4:47:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Anyone receive a ddles lower from the recent gunbroker ad? Any issues with them?
Link Posted: 7/20/2014 8:05:22 PM EDT
[#8]
Im really hoping the new owners will be up and running in the near future as I want to do a build on a small frame glock lower.
Link Posted: 7/20/2014 8:10:34 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Anyone receive a ddles lower from the recent gunbroker ad? Any issues with them?
View Quote

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_3_15/651913_DDLES_Glock_lower___mil_spec_buffer_tube_isn_t_threading_on.html
Link Posted: 7/20/2014 8:34:02 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I'm almost tempted to buy another one just because.....

must... not...succumb...
View Quote

Please buy them before I order another one.
Link Posted: 7/20/2014 8:40:26 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

I'll have mine on Tuesday, I'll post some pics when I get it.
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 7:38:25 AM EDT
[#12]
I got mine (small frame glock) in on Saturday from Gunbroker.  Everything seems to check out... Magazine locks in and drops free, milspec buffer tube threads in fine. It came with the special bolt catch spring and instructions for installation.  The special last round hold device thingy was already installed and the instructions include how to adjust if it doesn't perform as designed.  

I bought a 7" Wilson 9mm barrel, A1 flash hider, and a 7" UTG super slim.  Now I gotta get a bolt and an A4 RRA receiver. (I've got it mocked up with a 5.56 receiver from a build that got sidelined.)
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 8:44:35 AM EDT
[#13]
Will these work with a colt pattern upper?
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 8:49:09 AM EDT
[#14]
S
Quoted:
View Quote

A Glock lower will need to have the bolt cut to clear the mag.
A Colt style lower works with the Colt upper just fine.  Depending on your hammer,  you may need the bolt ramped.
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 2:14:22 PM EDT
[#15]
I received a lower from the gunbroker ad. Fast shipping excellent service. Lower looks great no flaws. Bought a yhm upper once it arrives will go to the range. Glad someone took it over because I need a glock lower now.
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 6:39:11 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
S

A Colt style lower works with the Colt upper just fine.  Depending on your hammer,  you may need the bolt ramped.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
S
Quoted:

Who make a upper compatible with the Glock lower?
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 6:48:12 PM EDT
[#17]
You'll need to get any bolt modified for the glock mags. Adco offers the service.
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 7:02:00 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
You'll need to get any bolt modified for the glock mags. Adco offers the service.
View Quote

JP makes a bolt that's already clearances for the Glock mags.
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 7:32:53 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My kid is never going to college. This build is costing me $$$.
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 9:37:23 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Teach them to work for their college tuition.  
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 9:43:29 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://www.goarmy.com/
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 11:46:55 AM EDT
[#22]
QuarterCircle10 (Gunbroker ID:  QTRC10) who have recently starting selling off new/old stock on Gunbroker are the folks that took over the equipment/production from DDLES.  They want everyone to know that hey are not associated to DDLES or the current DDLES website (so purchase at your own risk).  QuarterCircle10 will be improving on the existing designs and improving manufacturing with tighter tolerances as well as carrying spare parts for the current design.  Not sure of the timeline but this is good news.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 12:34:02 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
QuarterCircle10 (Gunbroker ID:  QTRC10) who have recently starting selling off new/old stock on Gunbroker are the folks that took over the equipment/production from DDLES.  They want everyone to know that hey are not associated to DDLES or the current DDLES website (so purchase at your own risk).  QuarterCircle10 will be improving on the existing designs and improving manufacturing with tighter tolerances as well as carrying spare parts for the current design.  Not sure of the timeline but this is good news.
View Quote

That's good news. Hope they get up and running soon.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 4:18:25 PM EDT
[#24]
Picked my Colt mag lower about an hour ago. Looks gtg to me.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 4:39:43 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

I might actually buy another,......when they get DDLES the fuck off the receiver!
Until then,...not a chance in hell.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 6:58:47 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think they are already up and running.  I hope they don't put a logo on the receiver.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 9:25:30 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

I think they are already up and running.  I hope they don't put a logo on the receiver.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just in case someone from QuarterCircle10 is lurking here.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 9:41:44 PM EDT
[#28]
This is great news
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 11:05:37 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Just in case someone from QuarterCircle10 is lurking here.
View Quote
I'm guessing tucsonconnection is the owner or employee of QuarterCircle10.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 11:29:41 PM EDT
[#30]
I received my large frame Glock lower from QuarterCircle10.  The quality doesn't look like it's lacking even though it was from the last leftover batch that John failed to ship.  I even received the specific spring for the bolt catch as well.  These guys are legit. :)
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 12:02:27 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I received my large frame Glock lower from QuarterCircle10.  The quality doesn't look like it's lacking even though it was from the last leftover batch that John failed to ship.  I even received the specific spring for the bolt catch as well.  These guys are legit. :)
View Quote

I asked a couple of questions on Gunbroker about thereceivers on two different occasions.  I never received an answer.  So these guys already have crap customer service to me.  Plus, haven't these guys been a part of DDLES the whoe time and owned the majority of the company?  How do they get a pass on not taking any responsibility?  Or is it all on one person?  And wasn't Jon the brains behind the design, I'm interested in seeing what these so-called improvements are...
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 12:21:47 PM EDT
[#32]
I just received my DDLES lower I snagged off gunbroker last week. Everything seems in order, haven't built it yet but did insert a mag. Looks okay mag drops with their glock mag release. Got a spring for the bolt catch and the install directions. Also asked a few questions (difference between the large and small frame) and they responded within an hour. I'm happy.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 3:09:30 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

I asked a couple of questions on Gunbroker about thereceivers on two different occasions.  I never received an answer.  So these guys already have crap customer service to me.  Plus, haven't these guys been a part of DDLES the whoe time and owned the majority of the company?  How do they get a pass on not taking any responsibility?  Or is it all on one person?  And wasn't Jon the brains behind the design, I'm interested in seeing what these so-called improvements are...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wow that's odd. Like the poster above me I got a response in an hour to my question.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 3:53:50 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They are solid folks trying to build a company out of the ashes of DDLES.  The downfall of DDLES is the sole responsibility of Jon Beaudry (may shit be upon him).  Don't start bashing them just yet because they didnt answer your email lickty-split.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 6:18:52 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

They are solid folks trying to build a company out of the ashes of DDLES.  The downfall of DDLES is the sole responsibility of Jon Beaudry (may shit be upon him).  Don't start bashing them just yet because they didnt answer your email lickty-split.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I asked my question over a week ago, but I'm not bashing.  I decided to wait on purchasing anyway.  However, based on the information on this thread Quarter Circle  was a 2/3 majority owner of DDLES.  How were they completely helpless to improve customer service and hire more people to improve production.  How can a majority owner be completely innocent in this?  It's easy to blame just one person.  Quarter Circle sells some leftover, overpriced 6061 receivers and people are already praising this company like they actually did something.  I'm really just playing devil's advocate here.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 6:39:46 PM EDT
[#36]
Good god DDLES is dead.
Close this thread and start a new one about the NEW company.

Move on, DDLES isn't even relevant anymore.

Its like trying to take that cassette tape back you bought in the 80s from Circuit City.

Link Posted: 7/23/2014 9:49:23 PM EDT
[#37]
My DDLES Colt lower should be shipping tomorrow.  I've talked to the guy Russ, I think he's the owner, on the phone a couple times in trying to get my payment sent since gunbroker was having issues.  He seems like a nice enough guy, but he sounds like he is busy as hell and doing a lot of stuff by himself.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 10:14:57 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Good god DDLES is dead.
Close this thread and start a new one about the NEW

View Quote

When the "new company", that is the same company minus one person, stops selling DDLES receivers you will have a point.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 10:36:38 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I've talked to the guy Russ, I think he's the owner, on the phone a couple times in trying to get my payment sent since gunbroker was having issues.  He seems like a nice enough guy, but he sounds like he is busy as hell and doing a lot of stuff by himself.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
I've talked to the guy Russ, I think he's the owner, on the phone a couple times in trying to get my payment sent since gunbroker was having issues.  He seems like a nice enough guy, but he sounds like he is busy as hell and doing a lot of stuff by himself.

I did as well and I agree. I think some of his employees are the same guys that worked for Jon and I can't say the same thing about them. Here's what the guy that inspected the Glock frame lower that I had issues getting a buffer tube to thread on had to say when he received it earlier today:
I looked at the pictures and it definitely looks like they sent you a commercial tube. The stripping of the threads comes from the threads being too far apart. The difference in the 2 types of tubes is that the commercial is going to be overall thinner on the outside dimensions but have a greater distance (pitch) between each valley. I've attached another picture of the difference between the 2 types.. Their website (rainer arms) shows that their 2 types use a flat bottomed tube. The only true way to tell is with a pitch gauge and caliper. If our receiver was tapped wrong to the commercial size it would be no problem fitting a mil spec tube or commercial. However since you couldn't get it in that means that the receiver is MIL-spec and that the buffer tube you are trying to use is not MIL-spec.

Anyone want to chime in on the accuracy of his statement? Here are the photos that I sent to him of the Rainier Arms mil-spec buffer tube I used. If I'm not mistaken, the threading on lower receivers for buffer tubes are standard (1 3/16x16).
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 11:21:59 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

I did as well and I agree. I think some of his employees are the same guys that worked for Jon and I can't say the same thing about them. Here's what the guy that inspected the Glock frame lower that I had issues getting a buffer tube to thread on had to say when he received it earlier today:

Anyone want to chime in on the accuracy of his statement? Here are the photos that I sent to him of the Rainier Arms mil-spec buffer tube I used. If I'm not mistaken, the threading on lower receivers for buffer tubes are standard (1 3/16x16).
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I looked at the pictures and it definitely looks like they sent you a commercial tube. The stripping of the threads comes from the threads being too far apart. The difference in the 2 types of tubes is that the commercial is going to be overall thinner on the outside dimensions but have a greater distance (pitch) between each valley. I've attached another picture of the difference between the 2 types.. Their website (rainer arms) shows that their 2 types use a flat bottomed tube. The only true way to tell is with a pitch gauge and caliper. If our receiver was tapped wrong to the commercial size it would be no problem fitting a mil spec tube or commercial. However since you couldn't get it in that means that the receiver is MIL-spec and that the buffer tube you are trying to use is not MIL-spec.

He seems to be saying that there are two different types of threads a receiver can have for extension tubes: mil-spec and commercial. I have never heard this before.

As far as I know, it doesn't matter, insofar as the receiver is concerned, if the extension tube is mil-spec or commercial - they should both thread onto the same receiver.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 1:06:59 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
He seems to be saying that there are two different types of threads a receiver can have for extension tubes: mil-spec and commercial. I have never heard this before.

As far as I know, it doesn't matter, insofar as the receiver is concerned, if the extension tube is mil-spec or commercial - they should both thread onto the same receiver.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.  Mil spec and commercial should have the exact same threading since they both have to fit the same lowers and I have never heard of milspec or commercial lowers.  If it wont fit your buffer tube, either that buffer tube has something wrong with it, or the lower does.  Have you tried another buffer tube?  I hope, if it's the receiver, that it's fixable since you can't exactly exchange it for another one.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 9:28:08 AM EDT
[#42]
That's strange
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 9:28:39 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Didn't you send yours back to them? What did they say was wrong with it? I checked mine as soon as your brought it up in that other post. Mine fits perfectly. What type of buffer tube are you using? I used a VLTOR.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 9:56:06 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Didn't you send yours back to them? What did they say was wrong with it? I checked mine as soon as your brought it up in that other post. Mine fits perfectly. What type of buffer tube are you using? I used a VLTOR.
View Quote

I did. I used a mil-spec buffer tube from Rainier Arms. They got a VLTOR A5 tube to fit when they received it which really perplexes me. Perhaps their lowers are cut to mate snuggly with VLTOR receiver extensions? I'm going to try on several buffer tubes when the lower returns to me. It looks like my solution is to get a VLTOR tube. What model VLTOR are you using, ClayBuster? The A5 or the standard mil-spec?
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 10:05:34 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

I did. I used a mil-spec buffer tube from Rainier Arms. They got a VLTOR A5 tube to fit when they received it which really perplexes me. Perhaps their lowers are cut to mate snuggly with VLTOR receiver extensions? I'm going to try on several buffer tubes when the lower returns to me. It looks like my solution is to get a VLTOR tube. What model VLTOR are you using, ClayBuster? The A5 or the standard mil-spec?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The A5. Maybe take it to a local shop and try a couple different ones then buy the one that is the most snug? The important stuff happens on the other end of the pistol anyway
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 10:28:08 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So QC10 got a tube onto your DDLES receiver?

Have you tried threading your tube (the one that didn't fit the DDLES receiver) onto a few different receivers to make sure the issue isn't your tube?
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 10:35:12 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

found this in the archive, hope it helps! http://www.ar15.com/archive/topic.html?b=3&f=12&t=552499
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 5:46:52 PM EDT
[#48]
Got my Colt pattern receiver in today. Very nice receiver! Now as far as a lower parts kit is concerned, what do y'all recommend? I read some stuff about different kinds of bolt catches being available for 9mm ARs?
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 5:55:09 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Have you tried threading your tube (the one that didn't fit the DDLES receiver) onto a few different receivers to make sure the issue isn't your tube?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Did that to several lowers, even took it to a gunshop and it threaded onto other receivers normally. The tube was originally on my Noveske lower.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 6:09:10 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

I asked my question over a week ago, but I'm not bashing.  I decided to wait on purchasing anyway.  However, based on the information on this thread Quarter Circle  was a 2/3 majority owner of DDLES.  How were they completely helpless to improve customer service and hire more people to improve production.  How can a majority owner be completely innocent in this?  It's easy to blame just one person.  Quarter Circle sells some leftover, overpriced 6061 receivers and people are already praising this company like they actually did something.  I'm really just playing devil's advocate here.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Unsderstood.  There was a lawsuit between Jon and his investors due to Jon's shady practices, and they wound up with the majority of the assets and basically kicked Jon Beaudry's no-good ass out.  Whats happening now is a reset.  
-Disclaimer-

I am in no way affiliated with DDLES or Quarter Circle.
Page / 44
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top