Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Basics
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/20/2017 1:14:06 AM EDT
Lmt and b5 systems make sopmod buttstock I'm assuming.  But I can't decide or tell the difference. I'm looking for good cheek placement, comfort. It'll go on my spikes tactical st-15 le carbine
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 1:58:00 AM EDT
[#1]
They're both essentially the same.

I have both, and FWIW, the B5s are typically better fitting to a buffer tube.  The LMTs tend to be a little easier to adjust, but not as snug to the RE.
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 2:58:42 AM EDT
[#2]
Ive been hearing good things about the sopmod stocks from Delta Team Tactical.  Seems they are under $30 too.
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 6:23:00 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 4:26:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
View Quote
Eh a budget. As long as I'm not paying for a loose fitting stock they'll break easily.
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 4:28:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I have both, and FWIW, the B5s are typically better fitting to a buffer tube.  The LMTs tend to be a little easier to adjust, but not as snug to the RE.
View Quote
So the B5 fits tighter? If so then I'll probably go b5 even though the Lmt is clone correct. Now I looked into it and there is an enhanced version of the b5. I don't know much about that one either but it seems promising
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 5:09:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Eh a budget. As long as I'm not paying for a loose fitting stock they'll break easily.
View Quote
Maybe (probably).

Figured I'd throw it out there.
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 6:42:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Maybe (probably).

Figured I'd throw it out there.
View Quote
Well you get what you paid for...says alot of people on here. Catching on
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 6:54:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Well you get what you paid for...says alot of people on here. Catching on
View Quote
Almost always.
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 8:28:37 PM EDT
[#9]
The LMT SOPMOD and the B5 Enhanced SOPMOD stocks are essentially identical.

I think there might be some new anti-rotation pockets added to the LMT now, and at one time I know one of my B5 stocks had storage tubes that had a different length than the LMT SOPMODs.

It might've been 1/8" difference but I like them both.  I do own more LMTs than I do B5s.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 12:47:57 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote
Opposite here...my LMTs fit a little tighter than my B5s on my BCM, Colt & DD receiver extensions.

I prefer LMT, but B5 is good to go.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 12:49:41 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Almost always.
View Quote
There is a reason why you see more people complain about PSA than BCM or Colt.
There is a reason why a $20 SOPMOD is $20 when a B5 is $90 and LMT is $125.
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 7:45:58 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 8:59:12 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Lmt and b5 systems make sopmod buttstock I'm assuming.  But I can't decide or tell the difference. I'm looking for good cheek placement, comfort. It'll go on my spikes tactical st-15 le carbine
View Quote

There are usipually a few available opinion the classifieds
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 9:07:39 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Very true.  

Cut corners and then complain when quality is not top tier.
View Quote
I have a budget SOPMOD and a B5. The Budget one is maybe 75% of the B5 for only $25.

For something that is going to see hard use, I'd go with B5/LMT every time.

If you want something that is better than a cheap CAR stock I'd use the budget SOPMOD. For the money it isn't bad at all. Just don't go thinking you can take it to Afghanistan.

The B5 stocks are worth every penny though.
Link Posted: 7/11/2017 3:38:05 PM EDT
[#15]
LMT, there is no substitute.
Link Posted: 7/11/2017 5:11:01 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
LMT, there is no substitute.
View Quote
LMT / B5 are built to the exact same specs., using the exact same materials.
They are both military suppliers and I believe B5 Systems may be the current supplier. The main difference between the two is the price and texture of the actual stock. The color between the two is a little different as well but they are both top quality. The earlier mentioned "Delta Team Tactical" isn't even worth considering.
Page AR-15 » AR Basics
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top