Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Basics
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/13/2017 7:56:38 AM EDT
I've got a couple AR's, one piston (Adams Arms) and a DI (DPMS). Both have been flawless but I have to admit that I always really hated cleaning the DPMS mostly because of the poor finish on the bolt carrier group.
A few months ago I swapped out the BCG with a Nickel Boron BCG. Never really timed my cleaning time but I'd bet that this cut it at least in half.
I think AA also uses Nickel Boron but since it doesn't get nearly as dirty it's never been a problem anyway.
This sure was a big improvement to the DPMS however.
Link Posted: 6/13/2017 9:28:12 AM EDT
[#1]
Try a black Nitride sometime. Easy wipedown and no surface coating to peel/flake.
Link Posted: 6/13/2017 11:26:32 AM EDT
[#2]
I've got a nickel boron BCG and it's the hardest one to clean, I'll not buy another one.

the rest are black nitride and are much easier to clean.
Link Posted: 6/16/2017 6:31:26 PM EDT
[#3]
I just shot 800+ rounds completely dry with a FZ bolt over 2 weeks. No failures at all.

Cleaned up easy enough.  It did in fact seem to run cleaner dry. Surprised me.
Page AR-15 » AR Basics
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top