Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Basics
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/1/2017 5:15:03 AM EDT
So i went to the lgs and purchased a complete spikes tactical st-15 le upper and upon inspection ive noticed the feed ramps weren't aligned correctly. They aren't that bad but will this affect reliability. i don't want the hassle of sending to the manufacturer.
Link Posted: 6/1/2017 5:27:24 AM EDT
[#1]
If you're not satisfied, why not just take it back to your LGS? Did you buy it used or new?
Link Posted: 6/1/2017 5:37:44 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If you're not satisfied, why not just take it back to your LGS? Did you buy it used or new?
View Quote
New and he said it was fine
Link Posted: 6/1/2017 6:41:05 AM EDT
[#3]
Go shoot it.
Link Posted: 6/1/2017 6:42:30 AM EDT
[#4]
just go shoot the damn thing...its fine
Link Posted: 6/1/2017 6:47:55 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Go shoot it.
View Quote
Yep.  FFS some folks think stuff is messed up no matter what.  If the OP is so nutty about this why did he not just build his own upper, he obviously can do better than spikes.
Link Posted: 6/1/2017 7:01:36 AM EDT
[#6]
Stop sweating every detail, don't believe everything you read/hear.

At some point you have to base things off your own personal experience,  OP.

I'm sure it never would have left Spikes if it malfunctioned during testfire.
Link Posted: 6/1/2017 7:20:34 AM EDT
[#7]
Sorry, but that's a OCD complaint.  It's not perfect, but it almost never is.

I'll add a pic of my go-to carbine, which, IIRC, is worse than that.  And I haven't had a FTF in it's several thousand round lifetime.
Link Posted: 6/1/2017 11:09:49 AM EDT
[#8]
OP just figured out "you get what you pay for".  BCM>Spikes
Link Posted: 6/1/2017 11:17:59 AM EDT
[#9]
Have you chambered (not necessarily fired) a few rounds through it?  Any strange scratches on the brass?

If not, I wouldn't worry about it. 

All the same, if you do have a concern, Spikes has a subforum on arfcom.  Post the pictures there for feedback.

Happy Shooting.
Link Posted: 6/1/2017 12:27:07 PM EDT
[#10]
I've seen way worse. Go shoot it and if you notice any issues you can always send it to Spikes.
Link Posted: 6/1/2017 1:14:48 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I've seen way worse. Go shoot it and if you notice any issues you can always send it to Spikes.
View Quote
Or loosen the barrel nut and place it exactly square and retorque the nut.
Link Posted: 6/1/2017 2:15:30 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Or loosen the barrel nut and place it exactly square and retorque the nut.
View Quote
That'll give you a chance to grease the bbl nut.
Link Posted: 6/1/2017 2:18:07 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
OP just figured out "you get what you pay for".  BCM>Spikes
View Quote
It's what I can afford. The rifle I'm looking at from spikes is the same look from bcm. I was originally going to get the bcm m4 mod 0 carbine but I'm getting the st 15 le carbine which is essentially the same thing but cheaper. I'm getting the spikes punisher stripped lower and lpk/buffer kit
Link Posted: 6/2/2017 7:25:09 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
He's right.
Link Posted: 6/2/2017 10:23:12 AM EDT
[#15]
So much for this being the AR Basics forum where new members are welcome to ask any question without being slammed GD style...

Feed ramps look fine and you should have no issue. Spike's is top notch and if you aren't satisfied, they will totally take care of you as they do all their customers. BCM greater than Spike's? Would love to see data to back that up but as it's an age old debate that this forum has seen over and over and over, realize it's preference only. But for some reason, if you have a question about your Spike's, someone has to inject something about BCM or Colt.

Good purchase OP, it will serve you well.
Link Posted: 6/2/2017 2:10:26 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
So much for this being the AR Basics forum where new members are welcome to ask any question without being slammed GD style...
View Quote
OP isn't that new.  He has 14 threads just in AR Basics, including a BCM v. Spikes thread.
Link Posted: 6/2/2017 2:54:55 PM EDT
[#17]
In my earlier comment I said I'd take a pic of the feed ramps of my go-to carbine, which has never malfunctioned in several thousand rounds.  I don't think it's really any better than OP's.

Link Posted: 6/2/2017 4:51:42 PM EDT
[#18]
I don't know why I still allow myself to be surprised how people react to buying "bargain level" items and expecting "luxury / boutique" quality.

Shoot it.  If it doesn't work call Spikes.
Link Posted: 6/2/2017 5:58:34 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

OP isn't that new.  He has 14 threads just in AR Basics, including a BCM v. Spikes thread.
View Quote
Wow. Do you want a cookie?
Link Posted: 6/2/2017 6:12:29 PM EDT
[#20]
OP, those feedramps are fine.  I've had worse perform very well.

I fear you wouldn't be happy with a replacement as it will probably be set up the same way.
Link Posted: 6/3/2017 11:06:58 AM EDT
[#21]
Looks normal to me
Link Posted: 6/3/2017 3:57:02 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Wow. Do you want a cookie?
View Quote
Is that a TECHNICAL question?  GD is that way -->
Link Posted: 6/3/2017 5:48:20 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Is that a TECHNICAL question?  GD is that way -->
View Quote
I know. Like you said before I have posted many topics including in that area which annoys you oh so very much.
Link Posted: 6/4/2017 7:48:00 PM EDT
[#24]
Normal
Link Posted: 6/6/2017 1:51:08 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Feed ramps look fine and you should have no issue. Spike's is top notch and if you aren't satisfied, they will totally take care of you as they do all their customers. BCM greater than Spike's? Would love to see data to back that up but as it's an age old debate that this forum has seen over and over and over, realize it's preference only. But for some reason, if you have a question about your Spike's, someone has to inject something about BCM or Colt.

Good purchase OP, it will serve you well.
View Quote
Couldn't have said it better!
Link Posted: 6/6/2017 8:21:13 PM EDT
[#26]
Geez tough crowd. Keep us posted how it shoots. Like someone said if you have an issue with it you could post in the spikes page and I'm sure they would be happy to help you. Good luck with your build
Link Posted: 6/6/2017 11:29:48 PM EDT
[#27]
Spikes is far from bargain level quality and BCM is no better in typical feed ramp to barrel extension alignment.  It's very close to perfect now and easily adjusted for those with extreme OCD, a barrel nut wrench, and a few spare minutes.  I'll bet it digests ammo just fine.   Shoot it.
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 8:26:16 AM EDT
[#28]
If you decide to adjust yourself be prepared for a tough nut to crack, two different Spikes nuts I've removed were really cranked on there!  Still no big deal with proper tooling.
Link Posted: 6/9/2017 1:02:43 AM EDT
[#29]
Those are lined up pretty well. Keep in mind M4 feed ramps were not on the A1 or A2  and there was never an issue. Shoot it.
Page AR-15 » AR Basics
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top