Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/4/2017 3:11:03 PM EDT
So now that I have my 1997 Colt Sporter A2 HBAR the only change that I want to make (or would make) is to maybe get a better trigger.  This is a stock rifle from what I can tell; police turn-in.  

I can't wrap my brain around the pin size thing though.  Can I shop off-the-shelf triggers (like Geissele, LaRue, etc) or do I need to be looking for something special?  The LaRue page mentions "Small Pin Lower Receivers .154"

Short of digging through the moving boxes to find my caliper, does anyone know offhand if these will work, and explain the pin size issues?
Link Posted: 8/4/2017 3:46:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
So now that I have my 1997 Colt Sporter A2 HBAR the only change that I want to make (or would make) is to maybe get a better trigger.  This is a stock rifle from what I can tell; police turn-in.  

I can't wrap my brain around the pin size thing though.  Can I shop off-the-shelf triggers (like Geissele, LaRue, etc) or do I need to be looking for something special?  The LaRue page mentions "Small Pin Lower Receivers .154"

Short of digging through the moving boxes to find my caliper, does anyone know offhand if these will work, and explain the pin size issues?
View Quote

Geissele has a page that explains all of this and how to tell, many of the Colt guns between 1991 and 2009 run a good chance of being large pin size.

https://geissele.com/colt-rifle-users-guide/

Small is 0.1540, large is 0.1690, if confused measure your pins.
Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top